Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One of the recent .pro sales:

meteo.pro March 2015 € 1,200.00 EUR Sedo auction

•••
•••
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/pro-renewal-2015-05-28-en

So this appears to be the section to remove restrictions to the .pro registry... Am I reading this correct? Public Interest Commitments to replace Appendix 11 Registration Restrictions (Specification 11)

see the attached link....public comments are closed and the item looks like its ready to be voted on by Icann fairly soon.

•••
•••
This could be huge for .pro if the restrictions are removed.

No reason why it shouldn't make it to the top of the pile of new gtlds.

:$::$::$::$::$:

•••
Total .pros registered continued to edge down in the months to 30 April 2015 falling by about 500 per month to 124,053. Average monthly WHOIS searches held up better with the 12 month rolling average to April 2015 in line with the previous year.

•••
What are your predictions about .pro TLD if the restrictions are removed?

Total .pros registered continued to edge down in the months to 30 April 2015 falling by about 500 per month to 124,053. Average monthly WHOIS searches held up better with the 12 month rolling average to April 2015 in line with the previous year.

•••
•••
Anyone going to NamesCon 2016?

•••
What are your predictions about .pro TLD if the restrictions are removed?
Will change very little, because .pro is not carried by the mainstream registrars.

•••
Will change very little, because .pro is not carried by the mainstream registrars.

my theory is that the restrictions are the reason for that.

btw, enom sells .PRO

•••
Hover also sells .Pro now.

•••
btw, enom sells .PRO
Correct. But you have to dig for it. .pro is not returned in domain suggestions either.
By mainstream registrar I mean godaddy for example. Enom is a major registrar but they do strictly nothing to promote .pro.

Hover also sells .Pro now.
Same as above.

The problem is that registrars have to make choices, and will push some TLDs to the front windows instead of others. Displaying available domains in 300 different extensions would just confuse customers. Well-lit shelf space is limited.

•••
Registered albania.pro
I guess is a good geo domain ;)
Any thought?

•••
Registered albania.pro
I guess is a good geo domain ;)
Any thought?
Personally I would say yes, I have lots of those myself.

But the sales history speaks a different language.

As long as it's not one of the top developed countries like France, Germany or USA, there are no requests. Just got a Sedo bid on iran.pro in mid XXX range, but the buyer didn't even pay.

So I currently let some of the less valued geo domains expire and only keep the best ones.

•••
•••
Is the .PROmance over? I put this on make offer but no hits. They seem like good keywords.

Keyboard•pro, Performance•pro, Survival•pro
After not posting for a few years, this week I put Games dot pro, Health dot pro and Loans dot pro in a make offer thread with a 2k minimum but only received one contact at all. I thought it was a fair minimum considering the keywords and that they are three of the first dot pro second level domains ever registered. I then tried to put Loans dot pro for a fixed price of $1,950 in the "Top domains" thread but was turned down. No love here for dot pro. I'll check back in a few years. :)

•••
After not posting for a few years, this week I put Games dot pro, Health dot pro and Loans dot pro in a make offer thread with a 2k minimum but only received one contact at all. I thought it was a fair minimum considering the keywords and that they are three of the first dot pro second level domains ever registered. I then tried to put Loans dot pro for a fixed price of $1,950 in the "Top domains" thread but was turned down. No love here for dot pro. I'll check back in a few years. :)
The Game Has Changed.
loan.bio $0.99
loans.bio $0.99
mortgage.bio $0.99
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ro...putation-bio-privacy-bio-domainer-bio.882919/

•••
fyi...rummer is.....Effective November 16, 2015, .PRO will become an unrestricted TLD open to all registrants!!

•••
fyi...rummer is.....Effective November 16, 2015, .PRO will become an unrestricted TLD open to all registrants!!

AWESOME!

Glad I invested a few months ago :)

•••
Now, that is certainly an interesting rumor...

•••
On NameBio.com, a search for .pro domain sales shows that video.pro sold for $35,000.00 back in 2007.

AWESOME!

Glad I invested a few months ago :)

•••
•••
On NameBio.com, a search for .pro domain sales shows that video.pro sold for $35,000.00 back in 2007.

What I mean is a lot of people have let good .pro names drop over the last few years. I picked up several great ones a few months back. Now I'm glad I did.

•••
think there will a run on 5N, 6N, 7N .PRO s ? ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back