IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think good quality .pro names will fetch a premium. Maybe numbers could do well too. :)

•••
That is a smart way to find some good domains.

What I mean is a lot of people have let good .pro names drop over the last few years. I picked up several great ones a few months back. Now I'm glad I did.

•••
•••
As Afilias has announced at ICANN54: .PRO will become an unrestricted TLD open to all registrants

Since its launch in 2002, .PRO eligibility has been restricted to only certain specified professions, and registrars have been required to implement special procedures in order to register .PRO names.

These restrictions and procedures will be eliminated on November 16. .PRO registration requests no longer need to include the supplemental data (profession, authority name, authority URL, license number) which was previously required. Thus, the extensions X-PRO-PROFESSION, X-PRO-AUTHORITY, X-PRO-LICENSE-NUMBER and X-PRO-AUTHORITY-WEBSITE will become obsolete. Renewals, transfers, etc will be handled according to the revised policies beginning on November 16.

This change is a result of the renewal of the .PRO Registry Agreement under new terms recently entered into between Registry Services Corporation and ICANN.

This creates a significant sales opportunity for registrars, as many registrars have had to disappoint registrants in the past who were looking for a .PRO name. The change in eligibility will open the TLD to ALL registrants. The registry expects to continue to market .PRO as the domain for professionals, but the target market will expand dramatically to include businesses, service providers and individuals who consider themselves to be a "PRO".

•••
•••
•••
One more registrar for .PRO: domain.com

•••
This announcement has been a long time coming - great to see the time is almost here for unrestricted .pro registrations!

•••
let's see if godaddy starts selling them.

•••
•••
I see you can't register LLL.pro ...?

•••
I would bet a bitcoin that GoDaddy and Namecheap eventually pick up .pro

enom already sells .PRO, so it should be easy for namecheap to sell them, too.

anyone think the pricing will be the same as .COM ?

Last edited:
•••
enom already sells .PRO, so it should be easy for namecheap to sell them, too.

anyone think the pricing will be the same as .COM ?

Yes, the pricing is about the same as .com like $10 - $12 / year. :)

•••
This announcement has been a long time coming - great to see the time is almost here for unrestricted .pro registrations!

Have you seen these forwarding domains?

godaddy.pro

geico.pro

•••
•••
I want to ask something. I purchased a .pro name but registrar said me that it will be registered at 16-11. I have already paid for it, It is possible to take it someone else?

•••
I want to ask something. I purchased a .pro name but registrar said me that it will be registered at 16-11. I have already paid for it, It is possible to take it someone else?

That's weird. It should be registered instantly. The registrar sounds pretty dodgy. Why not use Name.com, etc.?

•••

that seems strange

another option is encirca.com

until the Nov.16th, registrars may still ask for professional license information

•••
I'm trying to find an already 'deleted' .pro domains list but with no luck.

-I noticed that encirca requires subscription for a deleted list feed but with no way to subscribe on-site
-I also tried to contact freshdrop (since they supposedly provide .pro domains) but in trying to contact them the mail they provide is unreachable (ie. I get an error)

anyone knows a way to get such a list?

•••
•••
This 'rebooting' of .Pro will be awesome for web site developers and investors alike. :)

•••
•••
•••
Let's play poker, bluff.pro!

•••
It's so funny while people wasted time talking about .Top and .XYZ.. I think a lot of people missed the boat on the .Pro announcement.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back