Dynadot
Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just reged CNCN.pro, gonna look around a bit more before hitting the hay.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Registered today: Jennifer.pro

I can't imagine buying any other .pro, though.

The ones that designate an actual profession are pretty much gone.

Will this new openness help the extension?

I dunno.

.Pro is certainly more professional than .guru, but .pro's time may have passed.

We'll see.

•••
It's so funny while people wasted time talking about .Top and .XYZ.. I think a lot of people missed the boat on the .Pro announcement.

yep...

and a lot of room to grow ...

•••
Registered today: Jennifer.pro

I can't imagine buying any other .pro, though.

The ones that designate an actual profession are pretty much gone.

Will this new openness help the extension?

I dunno.

.Pro is certainly more professional than .guru, but .pro's time may have passed.

We'll see.

I cannot imagine why you make a comment like that. It makes no sense. Just go develop a site... please

•••
I cannot imagine why you make a comment like that. It makes no sense. Just go develop a site... please

Why?

I have redirected it to my home page, which is, coincidentally, titled "Jennifer."

•••
Why?

I have redirected it to my home page, which is, coincidentally, titled "Jennifer."

Did the same thing an registered ATMS and a redirect..

•••
It's so funny while people wasted time talking about .Top and .XYZ.. I think a lot of people missed the boat on the .Pro announcement.

Yep, I was one of those that missed the boat on .pro its actually a lot easier to remember and more marketable. And as pointed out earlier, less self absorbed then "guru"

Seems the russians like it alot http://siterankdata.com/show/extension/pro

•••
Are we sure the restrictions are lifted?

Lots of good domains left in .pro, you just have to do the legwork.

I'd love to register some.

•••
•••
Are we sure the restrictions are lifted?

Lots of good domains left in .pro, you just have to do the legwork.

I'd love to register some.

Yes, it looks like the restrictions have been lifted, BUT not all registrars have gotten the message yet.

I tried registering mine at Domainmonster and they were still asking for credentials, so I then went to Dynadot and was able to register it there without a problem...

Except that there was a delay of about an hour before the domain migrated to my account.

•••
Yes, it looks like the restrictions have been lifted, BUT not all registrars have gotten the message yet.

I tried registering mine at Domainmonster and they were still asking for credentials, so I then went to Dynadot and was able to register it there without a problem...

Except that there was a delay of about an hour before the domain migrated to my account.
True, not all registrars do the job.

•••
I think Chinese will go for .pro next for LLLL and NNNN.

•••
•••
Why? I don't think .pro is popular with the Chinese, yet.

That's why there are still some available, for now. ;)

•••
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.
We got this:

*Dot PRO domains is an old generic TLD which was restricted to professionals.
*Since November, 16, 2015 the extension is OPEN FOR ALL (UNRESTRICTED). More info HERE

8768.pro <<< Live auction at SEDO (Ends November, 24)
9876.pro
88818.pro
88828.pro
88838.pro
88858.pro
88868.pro
88878.pro
88888.pro SOLD
88898.pro
bbbbb.pro
ccccc.pro SOLD
ddddd.pro
fffff.pro
ggggg.pro
hhhhh.pro
yyyyy.pro
jjjjj.pro
kkkkk.pro
lllll.pro
mmmmm.pro
nnnnn.pro
ppppp.pro SOLD
rrrrr.pro
sssss.pro
ttttt.pro
wwwww.pro
qqqqq.pro
zzzzz.pro
xxxxx.pro SOLD

See more here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/34...zz-6n-com-7n-com-5l-chips-china-world.890288/

•••
Another theory as to why .pro seems to be still sleeping:

Most domainers are chasing after CHIPS!!!

:)

•••
I am ready to bet that the relaxing of rules will do little to revive the extension.
Today it has 108,682 regs
My guess: in a year from now I anticipate around 120K. Relative stagnation. Strictly speculation of course.
It will remain just another extension as long as the registrars don't push it to the front window. It's not so special really.

•••
I have lost interest in .pro

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
wait wait wait :D

you think that typing

domain.pro.company?

is better than..

domain.pro?
domain.pro.company or domain.pro does not matter strictly in terms of Google search ranking...:)

•••
I am ready to bet that the relaxing of rules will do little to revive the extension.
Today it has 108,682 regs
My guess: in a year from now I anticipate around 120K. Relative stagnation.
I'll take that bet, how does a beer sound?

If I have to guess, once the Russians are aware that the restrictions are gone, we'll see a 2x reg base within a year.

I have lost interest in .pro
Because you got pro.company? Really? If you're selling any one word .pro, let me know please.

I got 6 x one word .pro domains, the best from what is available imo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back