Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Untitled

ThE POwEr oF An IDeAEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there any particular reason that .IN are finally moving up? Is India using them more? Or just a trend thing like .IO? I can't seem to find the catalyst for the sales other than just time passing.

I've been in .IN since the release day in 2005 and hold many premium LLL.in, so I'm watching closely now! :xf.cool:

• India is a country of circa 1.4 billion population , around 18% of the world population and also the youngest nation of the world with average age in 20's .. Majority of these youngsters has to find a living and make their careers, that eventually result in a lot of new start-ups and a lot of web projects too ( specially in COVID times)
  • Indian economy size has grown a lot since last 16+ years
  • Internet Infrastructure also increased in a huge way
  • A lot of start-ups / organisations around the world also showing interest to acquire their .in name to protect their brand if ever they decided to open shop in India. protecting a domain name is much easier than trying to acquire a brand later . e.g: Pop.in , Hop.in, Kev.in ..etc a lot of domain hacks in use .. e.g: metallic.in ,
  • Also .IN names generates a lot of traffic too ( although this traffic may not worth the same like traffic generated from developed economies )
A number of Indian organisations also showing interest to purchase names.. e.g: clear.in sold for 11629 USD in January 2021. It was acquired by an Indian company as a defensive registration not even as their main brand. It's not a huge sale , the only reason I have quoted is an example how the organisations mindset is changing towards protecting their brand identity.

Things are looking optimistic at least for now.

P.s: its not an investment advise , please make your due diligence before making any investment decisions.

Last edited:
•••
2 more recent .IN sales below. KW .IN names are still selling also.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-05 at 5.30.04 PM.jpeg

•••
KidsCorner.in sold recently on Daaz for $800. Not mine.

•••
Recent Daaz sales:

Motherly.in - $1,480
BlueLotus.in - $177
Parivartan.in - $610

None is mine.

•••
Dostana.in sold on Daaz for $351 (Not mine).

•••
eSim.in sold for $1599 recently on Daaz (Not mine).

•••
SUPERSTORE.CO.IN sold for 15,000 USD recently (Not mine).

Last edited:
•••
kochar .in 600$ dan ( a surname ) hand reg in 2018

•••
Recent Sedo sales:

KISAAN.IN sold for $5,000 (not mine )

YOUWIN.IN sold for $6,900 (not mine)

•••
PAYD .IN has sold for $4,500, seller reported sale via Whatsapp grp. Not mine.

•••
TEYA .IN has sold on Daaz for $2,150, not mine.

WMS .IN has sold on Sedo for $2,020, not mine.

Last edited:
•••
RISE .IN has sold on Daaz for $20,000. Not mine.

•••
rail.in sold 11000 USD at SEDO, not my sale.

•••
I have asked Sedo to consider a .in/.co.in auction,don't think there has ever been one?

Enough .co, .me for a while!

Next one due is Benelux .be,.nl etc which I am sure would have a limited following/interest certainly in comparison to .in/.co.in.

Perhaps some of you guys could do the same and lobby Sedo?

•••
The main problem with the .IN community is domainers too often let gems go for cheap and that hurts badly domain values. We need to be more confident in the potential of the .IN namespace.

The issue is bigger than just domainers in the .IN space.

Take this from me!!! Domainers(from all i've seen on NP for example)are some of the cheapest people on the planet. Look at all the crap names they dump on themselves on this forum! They dump crappy names on their other professionals, and sell many decent names for cheap because domainers want the best names for pennies! Its nothing personal, its just the factual trend of most domainers.But you ar e still right we shouldn't peddle quality names for cheap. But alot of domainers are short term thinkers! I would never have guessed so until i saw 10s and 10s of people "flipping"names because they didn't want to pay a renewal fee(probably the 1st renewal for the names too).So its basically an industry issue. Best advice is keep your good names away from most domainers because they will make you think its either crap by their lack of interest, or they go "pawn shop" opn you- buying it for nothing close to its real value. Sorry, but thats my confident opinion on the masses of domainers.

•••
•••
•••
Finally, a dedicated .IN subforum in the ccTLDs section! :tu:

•••
Going rate for triple premium LLL is $400 minimum nowadays and it's only going to get higher and higher as the months progress. By the end of this year I would expect to see a 700-800 floor price for trip premiums, possibly more. Things are looking very good for .IN B-)

•••
If you think about China main extension is .cn then India is .IN. Also, .IN is have very good other meaning too. Back about two year ago I sold 1 semi-premium LLL to an Italian company in Italy , they use .IN as their global/international brand and they did pay very good price for it.

Today, with reseller price for pure premium no less than $500-$800. The price will be more increase later in this year too.

•••
...hottest extension ever - 56 $1K+ sales in 2015...!!

de: 637
co.uk: 235
club: 91
fr: 56
eu: 122
ch: 83
tv: 102

.fr is getting hot too it seems.. are you ready for big .fr game? :)

I made 19 $1K+.in sales myself last year and another 12 just under $1K. How many are really reported?

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back