IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Untitled

ThE POwEr oF An IDeAEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bought FrozenFood.co.in. And NGV.co.in

Last edited:
•••
Could someone give a rough ballpark on travelwriter.in?

I have purchased this domain and contacted a few potential end-users (one of whom has written back and asked for a quote). I don't want to scare him away with a high quote, but I don't want to quote too low either.

•••
These names SOLD in the past 1-3 weeks on SEDO:
ctx.in $999
irobot.in $770
cheaper.in 950 EURO

•••
Fender.co.in just sold for $1,500 USD

•••
Not sure if this video has already been posted, but I felt you would appreciate it. I think it could be a great TV ad for .IN

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAxdZgc-11Q"]The importance of owning a .in domain - YouTube[/ame]

•••
I love videos that speak the truth! :)

•••
Finally, a dedicated .IN subforum in the ccTLDs section! :tu:

•••
•••
What are LLL.in worth? If I run search_short_domains on LETTERS for .in I get at least about 30 available LLL.in free for registration. Most have an "x" or so. But are they worthless? Some like PXW.IN seem to be free since weeks. Its hard to belive for me that for a big booming country like India there is no interrest in this domains - compare with China, no chance to get any LLL.cn, though much harder to access them.

•••
What are LLL.in worth? If I run search_short_domains on LETTERS for .in I get at least about 30 available LLL.in free for registration. Most have an "x" or so. But are they worthless? Some like PXW.IN seem to be free since weeks. Its hard to belive for me that for a big booming country like India there is no interrest in this domains - compare with China, no chance to get any LLL.cn, though much harder to access them.

The market is huge but not developed yet. Internet saturation is around 3 - 5% (mobiles aside) compared to 50 - 80% in Europe. Internet infrastructure (broadband connections) is still in infant stage with big plans for 2015+.

The end user domain market in India is poor at this time. Many .in domains are bought either by investors or end users outside India (often Indians living abroad). If contacted by someone from India, it often ends at 100 - 200 USD offers even for high quality domains.

There had been a full LLL.in buyout for longer time mainly due to one investor holding a few thousands of such names. However he recently dropped some of them (mainly low quality ones with x, y or z letter, as you noticed) and others are not too eager to register them since it is a long term investment with no ROI guarantees.

On top of that, there were quite a few controversial domain seizures which make the extension a risky investment.

Despite all that, it is still very promising market if you are a patient person.

Last edited:
•••
wedding.in sold for $1,800 in the last 1-2 weeks on SEDO

•••
The market is huge but not developed yet. Internet....

Kokoro, thank You for this excellent explaination. Seems I could make nice $$$ if I would wait some 5-10 years but im not so patient. Still optimistic to sale some of my .in :) That only so few people use internet is suprising, since India has good known programmers. Hope they will leap the traditional infrastructure by a mobile boom and soon it will change. Have read about the very cheap tablets from India that could make a fast change.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Only have a pair of .in domains
AppDeveloper and AppDevelopers

Loads of AppDevelopers in India, hopefully someone will bite

•••
Only have a pair of .in domains
AppDeveloper and AppDevelopers

Loads of AppDevelopers in India, hopefully someone will bite

yes they will bite..but when? if u want sales today then u will have to sell for mid to high $xx.but if u holddd..then u might get high $xxx. or more .

India does have a sizeable app dev. industry so u kind of have a category killer ,which is a plus .Both are good names for the right enduser.

•••
I recently regged a dropped domain
MP3SHARE.in
and just parked it, it's getting crazy traffic and a huge amount of revenue from parking , i have no idea why,unfortunately i have parked it in afternic , which does not display any referrals, or details .
Do you think i should develop it into a mp3 link shaaring site, which shares direct links to mp3 songs?

•••
I recently regged a dropped domain
MP3SHARE.in
and just parked it, it's getting crazy traffic and a huge amount of revenue from parking , i have no idea why,unfortunately i have parked it in afternic , which does not display any referrals, or details .
Do you think i should develop it into a mp3 link shaaring site, which shares direct links to mp3 songs?

park it somewhere with better returns but that will be small time revenue or develop for longer & higher returns.

•••
These names SOLD in the past 1-3 weeks on SEDO:
ctx.in $999
irobot.in $770
cheaper.in 950 EURO

One of that domains was mine. Really happy knowing that .in is a sleepy giant which can give you a real surprise.

Thanks aceeca

•••
goldwinner"""""One of that domains was mine. Really happy knowing that .in is a sleepy giant which can give you a real surprise.""""""

I still cant figure how to list domains(get accepted) in their sales(sedo). The only one is the Great Domain monthly. and i had a few sell
When i emailed them to try and get into others --info,de...me..etc i always get "they are closed for names-or its filled"

•••
goldwinner"""""One of that domains was mine. Really happy knowing that .in is a sleepy giant which can give you a real surprise.""""""

I still cant figure how to list domains(get accepted) in their sales(sedo). The only one is the Great Domain monthly. and i had a few sell
When i emailed them to try and get into others --info,de...me..etc i always get "they are closed for names-or its filled"

rmaden, unfortunately, none of my domain name sold via their Great Domain or Premium Domain Auction. The buyer emailing me about the price. Replied with link to Sedo. Once counter offer, 2 weeks no news from buyer then they accepted my counter offer.

Really lucky maybe:hehe:

Thanks

•••
CloudComputing.co.in

Any comments on this one?

•••
CloudComputing.co.in

Any comments on this one?

Very high exact search volume in India (~90 000 exact searches by month), and very high PPC (considering it's in India), 3.16 €.

Excellent domain name IMHO.

•••
IndianWhisky.in

IndianWhiskey.in

Huge market, one of the largest consumers of whiskey in the world (third largest after China and Russia).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back