IT.COM

The next DAN.com...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I am surprised I haven't heard yet but I must say, I am surprised no one has tried to take DAN's place.

I feel like setting up the marketplace itself wouldn't be too bad. It would really be the risk involved with processing payments and transferring domains.

I am just surprised that 10 websites didn't pop up offering 4%/9% commissions as soon as GoDaddy announced the new pricing schemes for their platforms.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is my understanding that Sav.com has for-sale landers with 4% commissions. I have my own landing pages, but if I didn’t I would probably utilize those.

•••
cause most used and use dan for.add lead..which is.still low 5percent. now they just added lto at 9percent max 1yr..
so dan still leads.where it matters and doesnt need replacing by nobody... what really will or would kI'll dan is raising this 5percent ... and they know it... why u think they didn't touch it.

Last edited:
•••
DaaZ.com!
Unlike DAN, they have auctions, AUCTIONS!
sorry, this wasnt what looking for, but up-and-comer, like DAN. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
DaaZ.com!
Unlike DAN, they have auctions, AUCTIONS!
sorry, this wasnt what looking for, but up-and-comer, like DAN. Good luck!

auctions nice but u need exposure and bids.. sadly running auctions on most places like sav... dyna or even high traffic like gd auctions yields zero bids and results for most people.. in short auctions for most are utterly useless.or 5usd or 10usd sales like on np

•••
auctions nice but u need exposure and bids.. sadly running auctions on most places like sav... dyna or even high traffic like gd auctions yields zero bids and results for most people.. in short auctions for most are utterly useless.or 5usd or 10usd sales like on np
There you go! I was strongly considering @Dynadot but i believe; have $500 min to cash-out correct me if im wrong, strongly considering Dynadot then Sav.. that order. Wait, DropCatch Private Auctions over Sav, i’m sorry; namebright and dropcatch around longer!

Great ideas, despite not what OP looking for;
try new things; in place of DAN! Thanks Alcy; i forgot about these platform; and really wanted to try them.

Last edited:
•••
think we listed domain industry’s auction compilation, unless you want to count Godaddy or ebay; auctions can have landing pages leading to the live auction? I’ve seen lander to an ebay BIN, but ebay’s last (technically, lander)

ebay lander: NOT mine! Higher BIN! (Good for them!) Domain is VYOW — free publicity to seller; hope excluding link, allows vyow to be posted here, for research purposes; ebay lander for a long time. Lander!

Snapnames, NameJet, Sedo? How’re their exposure, fees.

Last edited:
•••
people think those public.auctions will be tons easy.money... when in the end they.do no more than few bucks like on np... for every avg.domainer...

•••
people think those public.auctions will be tons easy.money... when in the end they.do no more than few bucks like on np... for every avg.domainer...
LLLL.com… Liquid domains are my favorites. I’m trying to min. losses with the highest floor; i have most this niche.

Current wholesale rates for LLLL.com is $100; it helps if liquid niche… All i’m saying; it’d minimize risk for auction.

Last edited:
•••
So I am surprised I haven't heard yet but I must say, I am surprised no one has tried to take DAN's place.

I feel like setting up the marketplace itself wouldn't be too bad. It would really be the risk involved with processing payments and transferring domains.

I am just surprised that 10 websites didn't pop up offering 4%/9% commissions as soon as GoDaddy announced the new pricing schemes for their platforms.
25% for afternic sales if not using their dns is a mess...

•••
I was strongly considering @Dynadot but i believe; have $500 min to cash-out correct me if im wrong
I withdrew $300 from Dynadot to my PayPal around this time last year (from a $500 sale), don't know if anything has changed since. I thought their minimum payout was $100 from years ago.

•••
squadhelp,
just received an investment of $10 mio.

•••
Vote for Squadhelp. When they could expand partnership with most of registrar or they provide similar services like SedoMLS or Afternic Fast Transfer , SH might be going to be real competitor to play the games

•••
I withdrew $300 from Dynadot to my PayPal around this time last year (from a $500 sale), don't know if anything has changed since. I thought their minimum payout was $100 from years ago.
YES!!! Much more reasonable. Thank you for clarifying.

•••
•••
YES!!! Much more reasonable. Thank you for clarifying.

dunno about min but for sure if under 500 u pay fee...email em to confirm... 500 is the magic number

•••
Is the Namcheap "Spaceship" marketplace on permanent hold?

•••
dunno about min but for sure if under 500 u pay fee...email em to confirm... 500 is the magic number
I recall they did this for U.S. only.
If you are out U.S, it might still be $500.
It’s a touchy point, but i’m unaffected : )

If you out U.S., then i’m now legitimately confused, @alcy

Last edited:
•••
I recall they did this for U.S. only.
If you are out U.S, it might still be $500.
It’s a touchy point, but i’m unaffected : )

If you out U.S., then i’m now legitimately confused, @alcy

From Dynadot Payout Policy, looks like:
  1. Minimum payout is $100
  2. For international accounts (outside US) payout less than $500 is possible, but may result in additional fees. And looks like it's just PayPal fees, not from Dynadot themselves.
    1680480700914.png

•••
People smart enough to launch anything would know that without domainers pointing their domains to your new system, your business will fail. GoDaddy's policy of giving a 10% discount if your domain is pointed to them, is enough to keep most domainers pointing their names to them. Even domainers that didn't point all their names to a gd qualifying nameserver, they pointed the high value names or names likely to sell. What do they have left to point elsewhere? Their low end names.

Fact is that most people who never had websites have no clue what it takes to get traffic. Almost every website online now gets 0 hits a day from humans. You could build a platform with landers that look amazing, but because of the gd policy, you will fail at getting enough valuable domains on your platform to make your business viable.

Very few aftermarket domain sales happen a day (not including auctions, drops). Think about how many domains you need pointed to your system to have a chance at some of those sales.

The whole Dan sold for 70 million, and the chances of you becoming 1% of what dan was is very low. You are better off investing that energy in something with better odds.

•••
Yes, Dan, in my opinion, used to process transactions faster, than now and attracted a commission of 9%. I am glad that there is still an opportunity to make a deal through dan for 5% (your lead)

But literally recently launched (not completely, they promised to launch fully soon) dn.com
landing pages design is similar, commission is 9%

I hope that the marketplace was created really for the sale and purchase of domains and not for protecting the dn.com domain (I heard that companies often register to protect valuable domains to make it difficult to select a domain

•••
Either dn.com's page is fake or they are updating it as they go. There's some grammar errors and a number of their footer links don't actually go anywhere.

•••
People smart enough to launch anything would know that without domainers pointing their domains to your new system, your business will fail. GoDaddy's policy of giving a 10% discount if your domain is pointed to them, is enough to keep most domainers pointing their names to them. Even domainers that didn't point all their names to a gd qualifying nameserver, they pointed the high value names or names likely to sell. What do they have left to point elsewhere? Their low end names.

Fact is that most people who never had websites have no clue what it takes to get traffic. Almost every website online now gets 0 hits a day from humans. You could build a platform with landers that look amazing, but because of the gd policy, you will fail at getting enough valuable domains on your platform to make your business viable.

Very few aftermarket domain sales happen a day (not including auctions, drops). Think about how many domains you need pointed to your system to have a chance at some of those sales.

The whole Dan sold for 70 million, and the chances of you becoming 1% of what dan was is very low. You are better off investing that energy in something with better odds.

I agree the chances are rare for the average wantrapreneur but usually they show up anyway. I am surprised that a larger domainer hasn't started something yet.

There are plenty of other marketplaces out there as already mentioned like Sav, Dynadot, Namecheap, Namesilo (theirs is broken for me now). But I feel like DAN's advantage was that they were not a registrar and were therefore a type of "neutral ground" for selling.

•••

It's no surprise. Many have tried and failed. DAN just brought a whole lot more to the table than simply low commissions. That was their success. It's not rocket science.

•••

If Daaz got a cash injection like Squadhelp did this week, we'd have the next Dan.

As it stands the best bet is Namecheap's Spaceship.com project.

•••
Back