Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

The New NamePros, Reported Issues

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hey, just keep in mind that we be loggin' who tags what, so keep it legal/sane/"friendly". Otherwise I might accidentally decrease your dislike scores.
 
1
•••
Hey, just keep in mind that we be loggin' who tags what, so keep it legal/sane/"friendly". Otherwise I might accidentally decrease your dislike scores.

This seems like a great solution - other people are free to tag how they want but knowing it's not totally anonymous which should keep them in check. Some people here are so juvenile... act like children let loose at the zoo by their mostly absent parents.
 
2
•••
Can you please provide me with the following information:

What forum?
What Thread?
Any Idea what time yesterday?

Thanks, I'll look into it as soon as I know more :)
Sorry, didn't see this Q til now. It was in this thread, in response to post #65, so some time Tues after 2:53p (a few other posts had followed by the time I replied).

It seemed to coincide with DannyinPt's similar complaint, actually (timing-wise).
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Sorry, didn't see this Q til now. It was in this thread, in response to post #65, so some time Tues after 2:53p (a few other posts had followed by the time I replied).

It seemed to coincide with DannyinPt's similar complaint, actually (timing-wise).
After looking more into this I'm not seeing any delete logs for you around that time or in this thread. The way the system is set up is that it allows Soft-Deletes ONLY. Meaning there's always a record of the delete that can be restored if needed. All Hard_Deletes are disabled. Not really sure how your post disappeared or if it actually posted at all when you clicked submit. I can say though, that no staff deleted your post, otherwise there would be a record of it. ;) (So, no conspiracy, unless we calculate aliens into the equation) lol :p
 
4
•••
Update: You can now lock/unlock (Open/Close) your own Marketplace threads. Simply go into your thread, Click "Thread Tools", And uncheck the "Open" box. The system will update the thread to closed automatically when you uncheck that box. It will also reopen a thread automatically if you recheck the box.
 
3
•••
I looked for my notes or personal clipboard or whatever it was called.

is that gone?


Also, I sometimes turn off my signature for certain posts. Is that selectivity no longer available?
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I looked for my notes or personal clipboard or whatever it was called.

is that gone?


Also, I sometimes turn off my signature for certain posts. Is that selectivity no longer available?
Correct, there is no longer a note pad on profiles and there is no setting to set individual posts to not show your signature. There is a site wide "Hide Signatures" option in your preference settings though.
 
1
•••
2. We can't purchase any item in NP store, all it says is "You've already had permission of this product"
Tested this and it appears to be working fine. Can you please try again and let me know if it works for you now?

Note: if you think you already purchased it, or after you purchase it this time, there are 2 places you can go to use the feature you bought.
  • 1. Hover over Store Link in top nav > Click "Purchased" link in drop down > To the right of the feature hover over Product Tools link & click on the product name to launch the edit box > make change and submit.
  • 2. Hover over your username in top right of site > Click Personal Details link > On your details page, scroll down to the bottom of the left nav list. All purchased features have a link to launch their edit boxes there.

Hope that helps, let me know if theres any problems.
 
1
•••
More info on this, I went to another forum still using older version and the setting is/was:

User CP:Edit Options:Thread Display Mode:Linear-Newest First

Any idea if this feature will be returning?
 
1
•••
@Eric_Lyon Just replied to your PM with a screencast so you can better understand the issue.
 
1
•••
  • Great job on the upgrade the site looks much better!
Congrats!

I AGREE.... and the best part is domainers don't have to pay money to read the discussions, and then pay additional money to post in Platinum, or pay hundreds of dollars more to read and post in Exclusive, is that annually now? I'm not seeing lifetime anymore.
 
2
•••
2
•••
Last edited:
3
•••
Not really an issue, but...am I able to change the default font style from Times New Roman to Arial and make that permanent for my account?
 
1
•••
Couple of suggestions, sorry if they were mentioned before ;)

Going through the Web Hosting Marketplace you click once and you have a page with nothing but the subforum Hosting Offers. Clicking that will take you to them plus the Hosting Requests subforum. So, from a navigational standpoint, you have 1 whole page which is obsolete, having only a single link to click. In my mind, if you want to keep it, you should have both subforums for Offers and Requests on one page, navigating to their subsequent pages.

The other thing is the thread posting rule there for 2 opened threads at one time. This is cool, but in the old NamePros we got a message which exactly the 2 threads are with links. This way we could easily choose the older thread (or the less relevant) and close it with just a couple of clicks. Now it only tells me that I have 2 threads opened already and I have to search for them separately.

Just my 2 cents ;)
 
1
•••
Not really an issue, but...am I able to change the default font style from Times New Roman to Arial and make that permanent for my account?

Chrome has extensions that will allow you to do this if it's something that is really bugging you in the mean time. Don't know about Firefox (once upon a time this would be a simple greasemonkey script)
 
1
•••
Not really an issue, but...am I able to change the default font style from Times New Roman to Arial and make that permanent for my account?

I've updated the "member requested" style for you. It will apply the font to posts now.

Going through the Web Hosting Marketplace you click once and you have a page with nothing but the subforum Hosting Offers. Clicking that will take you to them plus the Hosting Requests subforum. So, from a navigational standpoint, you have 1 whole page which is obsolete, having only a single link to click. In my mind, if you want to keep it, you should have both subforums for Offers and Requests on one page, navigating to their subsequent pages.

Updated. Thanks for letting us know.

The other thing is the thread posting rule there for 2 opened threads at one time. This is cool, but in the old NamePros we got a message which exactly the 2 threads are with links. This way we could easily choose the older thread (or the less relevant) and close it with just a couple of clicks. Now it only tells me that I have 2 threads opened already and I have to search for them separately.

Good idea. We'll get this added.
 
2
•••
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before and I'm not seeing where to search this thread, so, sorry if this has already been answered....

With the old set-up we had a 'notepad' in our personal panels, but, I can't seem to find those notes now. Is that still available with the new namepros?
 
2
•••
I believe it was answered that the notepad wont return

Since NP now saves what you are typing in the reply box, the need for the notepad has decreased
 
Last edited:
3
•••
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before and I'm not seeing where to search this thread, so, sorry if this has already been answered....

With the old set-up we had a 'notepad' in our personal panels, but, I can't seem to find those notes now. Is that still available with the new namepros?
Click on the search box (top right of site) > in drop down, click "MORE" (bottom right of dropdown) > On advanced search page you can select the "Threads & Posts" tab > enter your keywords > Click Search. The direct link to advanced search is here: https://www.namepros.com/search/

As for the notepad, as mentioned above and other places, the personal notepad may not return. We have lot's of other higher priority things we are working on at the moment, however we could come back to that at a later time to re-evaluate the idea of bringing it back.

Thanks for understanding,
 
3
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back