discuss The most important thing when buying domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gian

Domain Search EngineEstablished Member
Impact
Hi domainers,

I need advice/suggestion on buying domain name
Let's discuss and please share here your thoughts about the most important things to consider when buying domain name for resale, how do you predict the domain will have a good price if one day you resale it?

Regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's a lot of factors to consider, niche, popularity, length, brand ability and related sales to name but a few. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to domains!

•••
a few notions to consider:

the domain should make sense, have an applicable meaning
ie: seniorinsurancecompany.com

or the domain should be in a category that has shown incremental increases in value over time.
ie: LLL/NNN com/net/org domains and three character .com

some "future forward" domains
ie: mobiletvphone.com before the mobile tv phone was invented

imo...

•••
Always remember to ask yourself why are you buying a name in the first place. If you are buying with the only intention of parking .. does it get traffic..and if it does, is that traffic real .. Are you going to develop if so does it have any previous history, has the name been used in any way before. Are you buying just to resell, if so, does it make sense and very important is it spelt correctly :)

Stick to areas you know for example I am very green when it comes to IDNs so I stay well away :p

There are many many things to look at when buying any name ...

•••
The most important thing for me when I acquire a domain is, would I want it? I don't acquire domains I'd think "maybe someone will want this" - I have to feel strongly that there is someone out there that will definitely want this name sooner or later.

Instinct / gut feelings have always worked for me.

•••
The most important thing for me when I acquire a domain is, would I want it? I don't acquire domains I'd think "maybe someone will want this" - I have to feel strongly that there is someone out there that will definitely want this name sooner or later.

Instinct / gut feelings have always worked for me.

Most apt answer!! I am also in the same boat!!

•••
Hi all,
Thanks for all the replies and kind words! I really appreciate it ;)

•••
Usually, I seeking domain name with single or two meaningful words. But the most important think is the cost must be lower than my maksimum budget haha... :D

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back