IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow...this could have been a great TLD but 179$ a year is a joke and almost any domain worth the investment is reserved or premium.

•••
$179 a year is only for 'Sunrise' applications. 'Landrush' should be under $50 and normal, open registration cheaper still...

•••
S~ said:
$179 a year is only for 'Sunrise' applications. 'Landrush' should be under $50 and normal, open registration cheaper still...

That's really overpriced especially as all the good names are either reserved or premiums.

•••
lotsa domain hacks available

hit.me
love.me
hate.me
help.me
give.me
cheat.me
feed.me
keep.me

•••
Malaysia said:
lotsa domain hacks available
hit.me
love.me
hate.me
help.me
give.me
cheat.me
feed.me
keep.me

But 7 out of these 8 domains are actually premium and will probably have very high renewal fees.

•••
•••
Are these fees just for sunrise!!! This is what godaddy has:
Just $174.99/yr ** (Five years minimum registration is required.)

•••
How many times does this question need to be asked?

•••
S~ said:
How many times does this question need to be asked?

my question? i did search for it, but couldn't find anything

•••
michaeldotcom said:
But 7 out of these 8 domains are actually premium and will probably have very high renewal fees.

Same as in .tv ... Are you sure about the high fees ?

•••
•••
are you surprised B-)

any new tlds will grab premiums , sexy names :p as .asia registrar showed the way for it :D

•••
They all do it now,

Just another way for them to make even more money.

Every new extension will have this, there is no more first come first served.

rich first, poor second :) as always.

•••
with most of the names in the reserve list. What landrush are we talking about?

•••
Godaddy says landrush starts on may 6, it's already may 6 in CST but there's nothing new at godaddy site :(

I can't wait anymore for landrush to start :(

•••
esck said:
Godaddy says landrush starts on may 6, it's already may 6 in CST but there's nothing new at godaddy site :(

I can't wait anymore for landrush to start :(

Perhaps some idiot at GoDaddy got a little bit confused translating the date into the American format...
I think it's the 5th June, not the 6th May, from nic.me:

nic.me said:
Rollout Schedule

March 24:
- Registration of Government second level domains
Migration from cg.yu to co.me/org.me/net.me/its.me - Montenegro only

March 25 to April 16:
- accepting requests for migration from cg.yu to co.me/org.me/net.me/its.me

April 18 to 21:
- requests processed and domains go live

May 1-May 6: Montenegrin Sunrise
- Only applications from Montenegrin entities are allowed and will be submitted directly.
- Applications from Montenegrin Sunrise will be evaluated in the Quiet Period, along with applications
from the General Sunrise. If there were multiple applications for a domain, a Montenegrin Sunrise
applicant will compete in auction with General Sunrise applicants.

May 6-May 20: General Sunrise
- All accredited registrars allowed into registry.
- Application info available to registrars (via EPP and Web Admin Tool) but not via WHOIS
- Ongoing registrar accreditations.

May 20-June 6: Quiet Period
- Registry closed to registrars; domain queries may be possible.
- 5-day or 7-day Sunrise auctions held for names that received multiple applications. Names for which
there was only one application are allocated via batch job. Application info will not be available to
registrars; names show up in WHOIS only after they are allocated.
- Domains are billed for at the time of allocation.
- Compliance checking will continue through the Quiet Period
- Newly accredited registrars can be set up in this period in preparation for Landrush.

June 6-June 26: Landrush
- Landrush application info available to registrars (via EPP and Web Admin Tool) but not via WHOIS
- Newly accredited registrars can be set up in this period.
- Sunrise Challenges begin

June 26-July 15: Quiet Period
- Registry closed to registrars; domain queries may be possible.
- 5-day or 7-day Landrush auctions held for names that received multiple applications. Names for
which there was only one application are allocated. Application info may be available to registrars;
names show up in WHOIS after they are allocated.
- Domains are billed for at the time of allocation.

July 17: Open Registration
- Domain names are registered on a first-come, first-served basis

"Premium Names" auctions
- Expected to begin in September 2008.

edit- noticed it's the 6th June not 5th June, so it's a typo...

•••
S~ said:
Perhaps some idiot at GoDaddy got a little bit confused translating the date into the American format

:notme:

•••
$179/yr - Wow. A bit expensive isn't it...

•••
...not really, if you're a big business with a big trademark that could be well worth the money in order to secure your name in the sunrise period.

•••
Go nuts folks, I won't be investing...

I couldn't see GOV.ME on the reserved/premium list which may well get traffic if the extension gets established...

•••
gingeman said:
I couldn't see GOV.ME on the reserved/premium list which may well get traffic if the extension gets established...

gov.me is third level domain name and it is reserved for the Government of Montenegro.

There is speculation that prices will be ca. 12 € for the second level domains (.me) and ca. 8 € for the third level domains (.priv.me, its.me, co.me etc)

Last edited:
•••
What a disappointment :td:

Seems like another registry hungry for money :(

•••
Well I think the dot me extension will be huge.

I stopped at a garage the other day to fill up with petrol (gas), and in the little bin where they sell CD's I saw this awesome new one: The eighteen greatest hits of the .me extension. Well I was Shocked and stunned and not the least, Amazed.

The track listing was as follows.

Call.me............Blondie
Without.me......Eminem
Takeon.me.......A-Ha
Fa.me.............Irene Cara
Shake.me........Cinderella
Fallson.me.......Fuel
Whatabout.me..Moving Pictures
Talkto.me........Kiss
Everyti.me.......Britney Spears
Jammin.me.......Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Ti.me..............Culture Club
Thefla.me........Cheap Trick
Timeafterti.me.....Cyndi Lauper
Touch.me........Samantha Fox
Piecesof.me.....Ashlee Simpson
Ridewit.me......Nelly
Closingti.me.....Semisonic

And my personal favourite - Poursomesugaron.me - Def Leppard. Ok..It's a little long but I bet it gets type - ins.

Well, I had to buy it. Imagine my surprise when in bold type at the bottom of the inner sleeve in bold red letters it said:- Coming soon-the greatest hits of the .you extension.

Can't wait for that one. :kickass:

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
Well I think the dot me extension will be huge.

I stopped at a garage the other day to fill up with petrol (gas), and in the little bin where they sell CD's I saw this awesome new one: The eighteen greatest hits of the .me extension. Well I was Shocked and stunned and not the least, Amazed.

The track listing was as follows.

Call.me............Blondie
Without.me......Eminem
Takeon.me.......A-Ha
Fa.me.............Irene Cara
Shake.me........Cinderella
Fallson.me.......Fuel
Whatabout.me..Moving Pictures
Talkto.me........Kiss
Everyti.me.......Britney Spears
Jammin.me.......Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Ti.me..............Culture Club
Thefla.me........Cheap Trick
Timeafterti.me.....Cyndi Lauper
Touch.me........Samantha Fox
Piecesof.me.....Ashlee Simpson
Ridewit.me......Nelly
Closingti.me.....Semisonic

And my personal favourite - Poursomesugaron.me - Def Leppard. Ok..It's a little long but I bet it gets type - ins.

Well, I had to buy it. Imagine my surprise when in bold type at the bottom of the inner sleeve in bold red letters it said:- Coming soon-the greatest hits of the .you extension.

Can't wait for that one. :kickass:

wow issit marketed towards domainers..or a domainer is working in the recording company... LOL

•••
Well I guess it wasn't a typo

Landrush5/6/08 - 6/26/08
(includes Pre-Registration)
Anyone may apply for a .ME domain name during this period. After Landrush closes, domain names requested by multiple parties will be auctioned between the requesting parties.

landrush pre-registration at godaddy indeed just started today

NOW OPEN:
Sunrise - Registration
Landrush - Pre-Registration

just pre-registered some, but I've never participated in a landrush before, what will happen if after the auction I don't win the domain, would the $ I was charged be refunded? thanks for any info concerning this.

:)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back