Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
slapman said:
are you serious? :lol:

Yes funny man, I am dead serious. :?

•••
Monsterman said:
Yes funny man, I am dead serious. :?

No, you get it only if no one tries to register it till the end of the month or so.

If somebody places a bid, then the name goes to auction, if not, then you will get it at the end of June.

•••
Alex said:
No, you get it only if no one tries to register it till the end of the month or so.

If somebody places a bid, then the name goes to auction, if not, then you will get it at the end of June.

Thanks Alex.

•••
Do I lose my $100 I pay or does GoDaddy refund me if I dont get it at the auction?

•••
SMBGeek said:
Do I lose my $100 I pay or does GoDaddy refund me if I dont get it at the auction?
"After 26. Jun, all applications will be processed. If your application for the domain name is unique it will be registered on your name. If, however, the domain name you applied for is also applied by some other applicants this domain name will be offered through an auction. Winner of the auction will have the right to register the domain name on his name, and other applicants will get their money back!"

u can use registrar registruj.me they will get money back,and its cheaper...34euros...
Goodluck..

Last edited:
•••
the good names are reserved, but there is lot of good combos left...lets wait for open

registration to c is there anything interesting...

•••
lets hope ;)

btw u got the name its.me ? or it is in in auction

u can add one more yeah.its.me :D

•••
chandan said:
lets hope ;)

btw u got the name its.me ? or it is in in auction

u can add one more yeah.its.me :D

i own vvv.vvv.its.me not vvv.its.me (v=W)
vvv.its.me is premium name, auction starts in september

•••
money begets money they have invested to have this .tld
it's the facts of life.

VirusDetails.com said:
rich first, poor second :) as always.

•••
.ME Domains!? @ Godaddy.com!

Hey all, I was at Godaddy today grabbin some domains and I noticed they were advertising .ME domains for $46. What country is that, or what does it stand for? Has anyone purchased one of these yet?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I did look down the recent posts but didn't see it.

But I'll do that next time ok, dont want to upset you, the NamePros police!,,lol. :hehe:

•••
VirusDetails.com said:
Every new extension will have this, there is no more first come first served.
there is, but at the end...its just like that there isnt,becouse most of good domain is registered...but hope dies last, so lets hope :hehe:

•••
I quite like .me for the same reason as I like .us and .in - they're prepositions in the English language and thus lend themselves to great terms and hacks.

However, new ccTLDs are decidedly a long term play, unless you know the local market well enough and can monetize them without any problem.

I'd probably wait till the prices came down, even if it meant waiting for a few years, before I actually buy some.

•••
.ME ccTLD $99.98 - Who's willing to pay?

.Me sounds great. The price doesn't.

Is anybody willing to pay the $99.98 price to get a bunch of these?

What is your opinion? Is this extension a good investment?

[Edit: My phrasing wasn't very clear. :red: The $99.98 price is for 2 years registration. It is mandatory. You can't reg a .ME for less than 2 years. So, for all intents and purposes, the cost per .ME is $99.98. I hope that clarifies things.]

Last edited:
•••
not.me

good quality keywords and names that can related to ".me" will be worth the investment, otherwise time will tell how strong this ext will actually become (my guess not very)

•••
Are you sure its $99,98 to reg.? It must be for 2 years, otherwise use another registrar.

But back to your question. I did think alot over if I should get a .me, but the yearly fee. is too much for now, maybe if they get cheaper, but not for around $50 per year, which is the price in most registrars.

If the yearly fee gets to the level .com is then I think hey will be extremely popular, and if the price get down to .info level, then I am sure it will be like a rocket and be more popular then .info, .cc and .ws. Just my opinion.

Best regards,

•••
I ordered one, and hopefully I will order others too.

•••
$50/year is still high

anyways I wouldn't reg a .me for $10 a year.

•••
Yes, it is high price, but i think that it worth to buy one good combo with ME...

•••
mrmacc said:
Yes, it is high price, but i think that it worth to buy one good combo with ME...

I am thinking to apply for 6 more .me domains during the landrush. But I don't know if I should do, I just hope no one else applies for them, because in that case, I will not bid higher in the auctions.

For example I know that somebody applied for seo.me. I would have applied for it but in this case I won't because I do not want to unlock my money for 3 months and still not be sure to get the domain.

•••
in the period of Open Registartion, price will be much lower, 11euros per year...

•••
Alex said:
I am thinking to apply for 6 more .me domains during the landrush. But I don't know if I should do, I just hope no one else applies for them, because in that case, I will not bid higher in the auctions.

For example I know that somebody applied for seo.me. I would have applied for it but in this case I won't because I do not want to unlock my money for 3 months and still not be sure to get the domain.

To make money you have to spend money

•••
Hurley4540 said:
To make money you have to spend money

I do not agree with these statement all the time. Brokering a domain for example takes only time, and I know people that make monthly 5 figures just by brokering domains and they have 0 money invested.

But in this case it is right. However I hate the gambling feeling this landrush gives me. And the fact that my money could be locked for 3 months, during which I could invest it otherwise.

•••
Alex said:
I do not agree with these statement all the time. Brokering a domain for example takes only time, and I know people that make monthly 5 figures just by brokering domains and they have 0 money invested.

But in this case it is right. However I hate the gambling feeling this landrush gives me. And the fact that my money could be locked for 3 months, during which I could invest it otherwise.
yes Alex, Time is Money...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back