IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MortgageRates sold for $2,000

Already getting ready for the Feb auction, trying to figure out which ones I want to target. Will at least get one of them, hopefully more.

congrats. My $1,000 sale from last week is on its 7th day of the buyer not paying sedo escrow yet.
8 hours from now it will be exactly 7 days since I posted sold to his(or hers) counter offer.
:|

•••
congrats. My $1,000 sale from last week is on its 7th day of the buyer not paying sedo escrow yet.
8 hours from now it will be exactly 7 days since I posted sold to his(or hers) counter offer.
:|

Thanks, it went quick, sold and paid for within hours. I really liked that name so think they got a good deal. Hopefully you get yours as well.

•••
NEWS: Delicious.com is now also d.me

•••
Picked up:

AllInsurance.me
Architectures.me
Biotechnologies.me
Conceptual.me
Economists.me
FinancialAide.me/com sold for $800 000
Hollywoods.me
iSoftware.me
Legals.me
Soccers.me

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
My .me's

lettings.me
flatshare.me
buysell.me
sellbuy.me
autofinder.me
carfinder.me
jobsite.me
propertyfinder.me
findaproperty.me
biketrader.me
cruiseline.me
wiw.me

umeet.me :)
ustream.me
wiw.me
buywith.me ( registered TM in UK and france, will be developed daily deal site)
bwm.me

And more..

Regards,
Zsolt

Last edited:
•••
My .me's

lettings.me
flatshare.me
buysell.me
sellbuy.me
autofinder.me
carfinder.me
jobsite.me
propertyfinder.me
findaproperty.me
biketrader.me
cruiseline.me
wiw.me

umeet.me :)
ustream.me
wiw.me
buywith.me ( registered TM in UK and france, will be developed daily deal site)
bwm.me

And more..

Regards,
Zsolt

In regards to the TM's you've registered, why?

•••
In regards to the TM's you've registered, why?

Because, i think buywith.me is a very good and brandable name and i want to protect it.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Just clarifying the situation, buywith.me tradmark is our mark.

•••
I Recently registered

Shack/me

•••
Was creating a QR code today and found that on Android a .me address did not appear as a clickable link when scanned, whereas .tv and .com and even .mobi did.

Anyone else finding problems with .me domains, for example in validation on forms?

BTW the domain psychotherapy.me is a real-world developed domain that turns up in search results.

•••
Nice to see a .me is in the reserve-met bidding lead for the next NP Live Auction (and it's my name ;) ). Be sure to submit yours before time runs out.

•••
Regged a nice geo .me today - Tokelau.me :tu:

Regards,
Vitaliy

:wave:

•••
I registered OPPORTUNE/me. What do you think?

•••
Hi guys,
are LLL.me's have any value? :blink:

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Hi guys,

Regards,
Vitaliy

What LLL.me? sex.me or zxk.me?

My opinion is that it realllly depends of the name.

•••
I see google search results (meet.me)

Meet.me: Coming May 2012

meet.me sounds way better than meetme.com, and better than meet.com

Reads and looks better. Not sounds better.

MEET ME DOT COM
MEET DOT ME

For spoken word the .com is much better. You can't say "go to MEET ME" it has to be "MEET DOT ME".

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

So your line of thinking is, there have been fake sales throughout history, therefore a great .me sale must be fake and probably any other great non .com sale as well.

Enough to allow me to have doubts. With no formal reporting, with no real identification what was part of the sale and negotiation even reported sales are speculation. imho.

Some of the "price" may have been just added to get the advertising and viral discussion of the name. I think EVERY domainer has heard of meet.me by now... that kind of advertising isn'e cheap.

Nothing is as clear as it seems.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Hi guys,

Regards,
Vitaliy

Not inherently.

•••
What LLL.me? sex.me or zxk.me?

My opinion is that it realllly depends of the name.

Thank you for response, I mean readable LLL's and LLL's consisting only of premium letters.

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Thank you for response, I mean readable LLL's and LLL's consisting only of premium letters.

Regards,
Vitaliy

I would definitely reg 1 word LLL .me all day. Cat.me Dog.me etc etc

random PFL.me, BRH.me etc etc, I would pass on.

I own 1 LLL.me but it is my son's initials, all premium letters ;)

•••
Picked up

KEP.ME

Looking to sell to some company with KEP as acronym.
Any thoughts?

•••
Recent Sedo Sales

funk.me $2,665
mortgagerates.me $2K
dax.me $1,950
whisky.me $1,170

•••
Received an offer of $12 K for fun.me last week, but we turned it down, as we wish to build a gaming site -- that was the initial offer, with no counter

One of the most successful Brasilian startups is fashion.me

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
A few sales last week, all via the cctld auction right here on NP:

c@(][e.me $160
t@no_url_shorteners $61
[email protected] $67

Congrats to the buyers.

Last edited:
•••
A few sales last week, all via the cctld auction right here on NP:

*snip*

Congrats to the buyers.

thanks Steve,

only - may i ask you not to post exact domain name please :)

•••
thanks Steve,

only - may i ask you not to post exact domain name please :)

Why exactly is this? Seems a bit ridiculous to post a domain sale but you cant post the "exact" domain, lol? Why not just say dont post the domain name at all - otherwise not posting the exact domain name is like giving somebody your phone number but leaving a few numbers out??? Or here is my address but I changed the street name LMAO...

Is is this because sales should be posted under the ccTLD sales thread? Can you post the "exact" name there?

Or are you the buyer and signed a DND letter?

I am confused?

•••
Why exactly is this? Seems a bit ridiculous to post a domain sale but you cant post the "exact" domain, lol? Why not just say dont post the domain name at all - otherwise not posting the exact domain name is like giving somebody your phone number but leaving a few numbers out??? Or here is my address but I changed the street name LMAO...

Is is this because sales should be posted under the ccTLD sales thread? Can you post the "exact" name there?

Or are you the buyer and signed a DND letter?

I am confused?

well, i prefer my sales/buys are not indexed by google so that anyone can find out how much i paid/gained.
if you feel ok about that you can sure post anything you want including your credit card balance or irs filings. its up to you, i respect your freedom to reveal any kind of your personal/business information.
on my end can i require to keep some things private as much as possible if i have that ridiculous idea for some reason or another?
if you think its stupid i would also like to keep the right to remain stupid as long as its legal and doesnt make anyone feel bad :)

•••
well, i prefer my sales/buys are not indexed by google so that anyone can find out how much i paid/gained.
if you feel ok about that you can sure post anything you want including your credit card balance or irs filings. its up to you, i respect your freedom to reveal any kind of your personal/business information.
on my end can i require to keep some things private as much as possible if i have that ridiculous idea for some reason or another?
if you think its stupid i would also like to keep the right to remain stupid as long as its legal and doesnt make anyone feel bad :)

Hello 4pm,

No it is not stupid at all. I understand now. You purchased the domains and do not want disclosure. That makes perfect sense. I do that myself. I was just a bit confused as I see so many name sales posted here. Hope I didn't offend you in any way.

Best regards,

Mark

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back