NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dials.me

Nice short one that I registered a few weeks back. Still wondering how to develop it.

•••
I was just a bit confused as I see so many name sales posted here. Hope I didn't offend you in any way.

Hi Mark,

no offense at all :)

Frankly i'm quite confused myself when i see that many sales reported here on NP that didnt come from "public" places like sedo/afternic/etc (which probably have the right to publish sales info explicitly stated in their tos) - i do think buyers can often be ..well ..unhappy about spreading the info..
or maybe sellers had their approval prior to posting.. does anyone reporting private sales here have buyer's consent? i dont think so.. isnt it strange indeed?

Danil

•••
Hi Mark,

Frankly i'm quite confused myself when i see that many sales reported here on NP that didnt come from "public" places like sedo/afternic/etc (which probably have the right to publish sales info explicitly stated in their tos) - i do think buyers can often be ..well ..unhappy about spreading the info..
or maybe sellers had their approval prior to posting.. does anyone reporting private sales here have buyer's consent? i dont think so.. isnt it strange indeed?

Danil

Hey Danil,

I am glad I didn't offend. That was not my intent at all. I think the unwritten rule is that unless a buyer specifically requests a non-disclosure domainers such as myself will brag about the sale all over the internet, lol. So here goes:

I have sold a few .me domains recently. All these were sold in the $200-$1000 range:

iso.me
applaud.me
activity.me
sumo.me
parasol.me
vehicles.me

I have also recently turned down some comparable offers on a few other .me domains like couture.me, discounting.me, lecture.me, avalon.me, finesse.me, pimping.me, plane.me, proposition.me, stitch.me, appetite.me, coffeeshop.me, embark.me, etc...

Regards,

Mark

•••
•••
Hi Mark,

Frankly i'm quite confused myself when i see that many sales reported here on NP that didnt come from "public" places like sedo/afternic/etc (which probably have the right to publish sales info explicitly stated in their tos)...
Danil

By default Sedo publish, but if either buyer or seller request them not to, they don't publish.

•••
•••
offer@godaddy#
$6.99 .me domains
code - MEMEME

•••
Just picked up:
Tariff.me
Builtin.me
Amplitude.me

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Is anyone looking forward to the Sedo Auction for .Me in February?

•••
The auction may be disappointing for non call to action names.

•••
Is anyone looking forward to the Sedo Auction for .Me in February?

Yes.

The auction may be disappointing for non call to action names.

Not really, see last auction, actual sales etc. But hopefully you're right a little and most don't bid much on them so I can get them.

•••
I got my first NNN domain and that's in .ME

500.ME

Can any one give me an idea what's the value of this domain???

•••
The Value = how much the buyer is able to pay :D

500.ME

•••

500.ME

It's worth 500 me, whatever me is worth. Some of us are priceless.

Nice for 500 mile car races.

•••
Another Silicon Valley funded startup goes .me.
Fund.me: Mobile Social Network Startup Just.me Raises $2.7 Million

ROBIN
WAUTERS
posted yesterday13 Comments
Just.me, a stealth startup incubated by Palo Alto, California-based Archimedes Labs has raised $2.7 million in Series A funding according to an SEC filing. The company earlier secured $600,000 in seed financing from SV Angel, Google Ventures, True Ventures, Betaworks, CrunchFund and a couple of other high-profile investors such as Don Dodge and Michael Parekh.

I reached out to Keith Teare, CEO and sole founder of just.me (and also technically also a co-founder of TechCrunch, for full disclosure), but he politely declined to comment on the funding round.

Sources close to the company, however, were kind enough to inform us that the Series A round was led by a new investor, namely Khosla Ventures, and that True Ventures also participated again.

Teare tells me he’ll have more to share about the company’s vision when just.me gears up for public launch, which should occur in March 2012.

From what I’ve gathered so far, the company is building a ‘new type of social network’ that lives on your smartphone and the cloud and can be accessed from your desktop browser, rather than the other way around (e.g. what Facebook does). Basically, it sounds like just.me wants to turn your phone into the post-PC centerpiece of your social graph, and not just a tool to gain access to it.

More once we learn more.

•••
Reg Din.me

What do you guys think?

Potential?

•••
Just acquired Mingle.me

Any comments?

--------------------------------------
Sorry. Its Mingles.me

Please comment

Last edited:
•••
•••
Recent Sedo Sales

codemasters.me $5K
runa.me $1,550

•••
Sold b2c[d0t]me (mid-XXX) and picked up cheapskate[d0t]me (reg fee) for a project.

Regarding Mingle.me - I like it for a dating site. Mingles.me doesn't work.

•••
I have a few .me renewals coming up, need advice which are worth renewing?

eSync.me
Freshen.me
Discounted.me
Promiscuous.me

•••

eSync.me
Freshen.me
Discounted.me
Promiscuous.me

Sorry, but I'd drop them all. e, past-tense, and limited use verbs will likely not have resale value.

•••

eSync.me
Freshen.me
Discounted.me
Promiscuous.me

I would let all these follow the light through the tunnel and travel back into the alpha-heavens. In addition, I would purge all remaining .MEs from my account.

•••
•••

eSync.me
Freshen.me
Discounted.me
Promiscuous.me
eSync.me is not that bad, it's brandable. But personally I wouldn't register it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back