Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All LLLL.com sales (eBay) on the 9th:

AXVW $12.50
YHIY $16.91
VOFK $27.00
EHXG $11.50
GEHV $19.50
GXRP $12.01
HYQN $11.50
UYXJ $9.13
XVJL $5.91
AUWQ $8.25
AVZD $8.35
XVWK $3.30 :/
YAUV $19.00
ZRMW $9.49
ZVGE $11.00
FZXI $15.51
VQCP $7.60
YZVP $5.75
XFVT $5.60
VWQT $6.50
NXFN $22.49
YFLV $22.19

_

•••
gladdy said:
NTES.COM nice sale!

I hope so! I bought it! You probably think I'm crazy for doing so, but it should be an incredible traffic domain that happens to be an LLLL.com. Google it and you'll see what I mean. It's a technical job seeker site that's been around since 1995 and appears to get around 20,000 visitors a month. I should get my investment back within twelve months; maybe even within six if I'm lucky.

•••
ebatcave said:
I hope so! I bought it! You probably think I'm crazy for doing so, but it should be an incredible traffic domain that happens to be an LLLL.com. Google it and you'll see what I mean. It's a technical job seeker site that's been around since 1995 and appears to get around 20,000 visitors a month. I should get my investment back within twelve months; maybe even within six if I'm lucky.

Congratulations!

It was expensice but nice pick. Wish you 6 months pay back period :bingo:

•••
vlad74 said:
Congratulations!

It was expensice but nice pick. Wish you 6 months pay back period :bingo:

Thanks, I appreciate it!

•••
Yep, I was also checking the traffic, but I find it always risky to base my purchase on it. However I hope you will find the right parking company and right keyword to monetize it perfectly!

•••
tetrapak said:
Yep, I was also checking the traffic, but I find it always risky to base my purchase on it. However I hope you will find the right parking company and right keyword to monetize it perfectly!

No risk, no reward! I'm getting about an 80% success rate on these types of domains so hopefully the odds are in my favor.

•••
tetrapak said:
Namejet:
ntes.com $6350
ipav.com $143
cdan.com $450
hlmp.com $136
afxl.com $69
xooc.com $69
lmbh.com $128

i like cDan more than anyother on the list, dont no why. But i like it
May be its pronounsable :hehe:

•••
Andrei has been tracking LLLL.com drops for awhile and the numbers have over time been decreasing -- it's hard to not see the buyout holding unless that trend were to reverse itself. DYYO.com had tracked LLLL.com registrations for quite some time and new registrations at regfee have been quite consistent at 5000+ monthly from 2004 until buyout (see: http://www.dyyo.com/analysis_registration.php ).

So long as drop numbers don't increase considerably, I could see some of the bigger holders making sure the LLLL.com buyout holds.

WORDSWORTH said:
The LLLL.com buyout might not last much longer (for bottom of the barrel names). Why? It's hardly worth catching one of these at Dynadot now for $7.75 (or $7.50 with super bulk pricing) to 'flip' for ~$9 or $10 at the forums (or $12 at eBay). After PayPal/eBay fees and time have been factored in, there's precious little profit remaining.

If the sales of these aqxv type names dry up (and they will if the buyers can't see a decent ROI), or if profit margins reduce further (i.e the catchers are forced to sell at cost price), the catchers will probably lose interest and bottom of the barrel LLLL.com domains could become available for hand reg. I don't have much time for scanning etc. but I'll publish any that I discover over the coming weeks at my website.

•••
I see little doubt the buyout will hold. As Reece said it isn't like big blocks of LLLL.com are dropping daily. The amount of drops has been pretty stable.

If you take out all the LLLL.com that are words, quads, cvcv, pronounceable, triples, etc then there are not that many really bad ones left in the first place. There are more than enough buyers to cover that small amount of truly bad ones.

There are 400K+ LLLL.com, and once in awhile a bad one will slip through the cracks, but it will always be taken by domainer as soon as it is found available.

Brad

•••
ebatcave said:
yep lots of goog results for it, but I see wordtracker count is low.
Reminds me of my hace.com it has a ton of results too and gets decent traffic.

I wish you get your money's worth x 20 by selling to one of the many end users for the term :)

the toughest times for LLLL.com's are behind - when it was a year after the buyout and lots of drops, so since we're past that I think there is little chance they will be free again any soon. In fact drops should even increse in quality on average.

•••
-REECE- said:
Andrei has been tracking LLLL.com drops for awhile and the numbers have over time been decreasing -- it's hard to not see the buyout holding unless that trend were to reverse itself. DYYO.com had tracked LLLL.com registrations for quite some time and new registrations at regfee have been quite consistent at 5000+ monthly from 2004 until buyout (see: http://www.dyyo.com/analysis_registration.php ).

So long as drop numbers don't increase considerably, I could see some of the bigger holders making sure the LLLL.com buyout holds.
Thanks for the feedback REECE. It's not just about drop numbers though, but also the willingness of investors to pick up the worst of those drops. Hopefully they will continue to get registered quickly, the buyout will hold and minimum prices will start to rise again.

•••
bmugford said:
I see little doubt the buyout will hold. As Reece said it isn't like big blocks of LLLL.com are dropping daily. The amount of drops has been pretty stable.

If you take out all the LLLL.com that are words, quads, cvcv, pronounceable, triples, etc then there are not that many really bad ones left in the first place. There are more than enough buyers to cover that small amount of truly bad ones.

There are 400K+ LLLL.com, and once in awhile a bad one will slip through the cracks, but it will always be taken by domainer as soon as it is found available.

Brad
I would've thanked you for the reply earlier but NamePros went down as I was composing my post. I'll keep tabs on the situation by running scans and publishing any available names I can find.

•••
DomainMagnate said:
the toughest times for LLLL.com's are behind - when it was a year after the buyout and lots of drops, so since we're past that I think there is little chance they will be free again any soon. In fact drops should even increse in quality on average.

I think drop quality has increased, it is just a timing thing really, we'll seeing low quality drops again at the end of the year.

Just look at some of the sales going through and you can see the toughest times are not behind us,

XVWK.com $3.30 01-Nov-09
YZVP.com $5.75 18-Jan-10
XVJL.com $5.91 01-Nov-09
XFVT.com $5.60 18-Jan-10
VWQT.com $6.50 14-Jan-10

Those are the kinds of names that would have sold for similar prices before that $8 renewal was added late last year/early this year. People have renewed names for a year and effectively thrown that money against the wall. The names above are worth a negative amount after you take out the value of the remaining renewal.

What we are seeing now has the potential to be tipping point in my view. Whether the buyout holds or not will be determined by prices in my view. If they aren't worth selling people will let them drop. In the past most of the drops were accidental/people not paying much attention etc, the new risk is deliberate drops because the names just have no value.

Don't get me wrong though I still think the buyout will hold, but the risk of it not holding has gone up fairly significantly in my view. The people who think
"the buyout will definitely hold" are looking at the market with rose colored glasses in my view, just as the people who think “it will definitely fall over” are probably not being realistic either, the future just isn't known but the risks are pretty obvious. A lot may well depend on the overall state of the economy, in terms of the level of confidence domainers will have in this niche.

Maybe one of the biggest potential defences LLLL.com has is that the owners of higher quality names may well step in if the buyout starts to not hold just to protect the value of their own names. If the buyout didn't hold I think we'd see a very big price crash at all quality levels and I think most realize that even though they may not be willing to say it.

•••
this is beating a dead horse...

i would bet against higher quality holders step in to uphold the prices. Although logically this makes sense as this protects their investment, there are many fallacies. For one, these high quality holders would have to be big holders to be able to absorb the sheer amount needed to make the buyout hold. If they hold so many names, they already know it is difficult to sell on the open market, therefore they are less sensative to reseller pricing.

•••
DUMI.COM
$2604
Sedo recent sales

DGPS.COM
$6200
Sedo recent sales

•••
Today on TDNX:

wpeq.com $20
tsay.com $290
xxle.com $155
yokg.com $20
qhke.com $20
qjde.com $20
qofc.com $25
moij.com $260
vzno.com $20
vfba.com $40
opvo.com $50
renewals have been added

•••
Sedo:

xaeu.com $80
ljao.com $110
nglf.com $146

•••
gladdy said:
DUMI.COM
$2604
Sedo recent sales

really nice domain!!

•••
Namejet over the last couple days:
pbll.com $112.00
rttl.com $167.00
rngs.com $404.00
cngm.com $395.00
oost.com $1,109.00
hrmh.com $109.00

Snapnames last couple days:
jrhw.com $15.00
bwhj.com $14.00
rgjt.com $22.00
jwgc.com $14.00
ekht.com $26.00

•••
It's nice to see that cvcv's are holding their price. :D

•••
All LLLL.com sales (eBay) the 10th & 11th:

BPNE $142.49
QXOQ $2.71
PKNN $20.50
YWTE $14.50
EULK $33.50
LTHQ $21.50
OOGQ $14.07
ZNCZ $12.75
LZLN $18.50
OZLB $51.00 (ounce/pound)
QJAL $9.73
AUQW $10.50
AVZR $12.50
AVZB $8.52
AUJQ $5.51
XDWO $7.07
XLYR $6.35
XMVT $6.50
DDQR $17.49

Pack of 40 LLLL.com sold for $590.00 (about $14.75 ea)

•••
Quick Flip:

L H G P bought for $144 and received two days ago; I sold today for $500.

•••
ebatcave said:
Quick Flip:

nice one! how did u find a buyer for that much so quickly?

•••
DnDot.com said:
nice one! how did u find a buyer for that much so quickly?

The owner contacted me :) I explained about the sell out of the 4L COMs and why certain letter combinations are worth more than others, blah, blah, blah. I explained I wasn't really interested in selling it, but if they still were interested I would be willing to let it go. They were a small company (after doing my background check) so I wasn't looking to gouge anyone. It was a good profit for me and he got his domain back immediately...so happy ending
:p

•••
ebatcave said:
Quick Flip:

Nice flip John :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back