Dynadot

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We need this one too guys :)

This guide will also help LLLL.com holders to understand more the value of their 4 letters .com based on how expensive the similar 3 letters .com are.

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of February 1, 2008:

3-Letter .com - $6700 (+ $300 since January 1, 2008 report)

But I consider their guide a bit old since they are not taking in consideration the emergenging countries that appreciate other letters and as we have run a poll here several times lately, the majority of people consider the letters U
and W to be Premium letters.

Let`s have a look at some recent LLL.com sales as reported from NameBio.com :

nak.com $27,135 2007-12-22 SEDO.com
nyz.com $10,605 2007-12-19 tdnam
utw.com $10,100 2007-12-10 SEDO.com
via.com $157,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
cgf.com $14,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
vkx.com $6,200 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
mje.com $10,734 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
okf.com $8,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
our.com $60,000 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
kxr.com $7,101 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
lhg.com $13,613 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
wae.com $10,099 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
hya.com $7,499 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
yrd.com $9,100 2007-12-05 SEDO.com
vfk.com $15,750 2007-11-29 AfterNic.com
qee.com $10,882 2007-11-27 SEDO.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow Toni , you are really one of a kind ... hard to find a man that will take a hit like you are doing , so so sorry for this , i hate it when bad things happen to such a good person like yourself ,

leaving the club in a bit...
small heads up, I called Godaddy and Phil and yes his account has been hacked...
I will be returning his domain..
later more...
Toni

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I agree! I am bummed that it has taken this turn but is refreshing to see someone suck up a loss and deal with it in a responsible manner rather than hoping it is a game of hot potato....... I really hope that you are able to sort things out and be refunded but, if not, at least the scenario did not get more complicated through a quick resell and then someone coming after you for a refund when a problem came to light later on. Believe me, I KNOW being scammed hurts the ego and the wallet, but being blamed for taking someone's money would probably hurt even more. I think you have dealt with this in a very mature and professional manner and agree with SDX that you will soon be back in the "club"..... hope to see ya there! Best of luck sorting this out. SP

wow Toni , you are really one of a kind ... hard to find a man that will take a hit like you are doing , so so sorry for this , i hate it when bad things happen to such a good person like yourself ,

•••
lappanion: This is probably obvious but I hope you have reported this through whatever method you used to pay for the domain. Paypal, escrow.com, wire transfers, western union all have various amounts of time in which they *may* be able to freeze/reclaim the funds and/or at least get you information on who collected the funds. A police report is obviously warranted as well. If you traded other domains for this one, talk to the registrars involved. The sooner you report this the better!

Anyway, I wish you all the best and I hope you keep us informed of how it turns out. If you can post more details about this scam, it might help prevent other domainers from falling into similar traps.

•••
Thanks for all your kind words, I am learning a lot right now,
I am really glad this has happened to me and not the Domain Buyer Group,
I have founded a few month ago, so the lesson I am learning now
will help me and us a lot in future deals.

And I will certainly try again to make my way back in DA Club, :D , might be a while though :)

I have reported all of this to Paypal and I feel I have a small chance to win this fight even for intangible goods, am not giving up so fast, will file a police report once the Domain leaves my account...

the domain is still in my account, I am investigating overtime of what exactly happened but can't give you more insight till I am a 100% sure, many BIG questionmarks...

So far I can only issue a warning for those Names, Email, Nicknames and IP:
Hannan Nozari -- [email protected] -- Phill Maco --
eddo -- iname -- 173.212.204.174

If you see any of these trying to sell something please contact me right away,
Will also leave this piece of proforma info in the Dispute Board..

Thanks Guys, especially Slim Pickins for helping me so much with this case...
Toni

PS. the usernames are fairly generic so there might be other members at other forums with the same usernames, example here at NP iname is a 1 time poster in the appraisal thread, the scam took place at Noomle (iname) and eddo was the guy trying to sell it here at NP...

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all your kind words, I am learning a lot right now,
I am really glad this has happened to me and not the Domain Buyer Group,
I have founded a few month ago, so the lesson I am learning now
will help me and us a lot in future deals.

And I will certainly try again to make my way back in DA Club, :D , might be a while though :)

I have reported all of this to Paypal and I feel I have a small chance to win this fight even for intangible goods, am not giving up so fast, will file a police report once the Domain leaves my account...

the domain is still in my account, I am investigating overtime of what exactly happened but can't give you more insight till I am a 100% sure, many BIG questionmarks...

So far I can only issue a warning for those Names, Email, Nicknames and IP:
Hannan Nozari -- [email protected] -- Phill Maco --
eddo -- iname -- 173.212.204.174

If you see any of these trying to sell something please contact me right away,
Will also leave this piece of proforma info in the Dispute Board..

Thanks Guys, especially Slim Pickins for helping me so much with this case...
Toni

PS. the usernames are fairly generic so there might be other members at other forums with the same usernames, example here at NP iname is a 1 time poster in the appraisal thread, the scam took place at Noomle (iname) and eddo was the guy trying to sell it here at NP...

If you ever need a hand/advice on understanding if a sale is legit or not, send me a PM and I will check it for you, rest assured I won't take the LLL.com.

Regards

•••
Thanks, will surely do... :)
I appreciate the offer very much.
Toni

•••
what is the "DA club" people are talking about?

•••

I think they mean "the club", but they think it's cool to say "da" instead of "the", sort of like being the only white boy on the BET awards afterparty trying to catch up with the street lingo.. :music:

•••
I think they mean "the club", but they think it's cool to say "da" instead of "the", sort of like being the only white boy on the BET awards afterparty trying to catch up with the street lingo.. :music:

I think most people understand "da" means "the"...nothing too "street lingo" about it these days.
Just having fun that's all.
If you want to be boring and realistic, there is NO "club" that domainers belong to unless they're making business together...
For many it's a cunning game to outsmart each other in order to make more money. :P
For me its just a fun hobby ;)
And LLL.COM's are just sweet! :)

Last edited:
•••

Just to make it clear, 'da club' refers to the 'the club' (I use this term loosely) of people who own an LLL.com in this case. Just making sure you understand it!

•••
I think most people understand "da" means "the"...nothing too "street lingo" about it these days.
Just having fun that's all.
If you want to be boring and realistic, there is NO "club" that domainers belong to unless they're making business together...
For many it's a cunning game to outsmart each other in order to make more money. :P
For me its just a fun hobby ;)
And LLL.COM's are just sweet! :)

I know, I know. Just trying to be sarcastic.. :) ;)

•••
•••
thanks for explaining the "da club". Maybe we should form a formal club and call it "da club".

LL.com is the Platinum member
LLL.com is the gold member
LLLL.com is the silver member
LLLLL.com is the bronze member

•••
thanks for explaining the "da club". Maybe we should form a formal club and call it "da club".

LL.com is the Platinum member
LLL.com is the gold member
LLLL.com is the silver member
LLLLL.com is the bronze member

I vote "YES" for DA CLUB! :)

•••
Do we get anything for being a gold member? I couldn't even afford the steep prices for a platinum membership! ;)

•••
I think "Da Club" should be LLL.com only. LLLL.com ownership isn't exclusive enough and LL.com is going to be a small club. Best to say DA Club stands for Domain Association Club.

•••
I think "Da Club" should be LLL.com only. LLLL.com ownership isn't exclusive enough and LL.com is going to be a small club. Best to say DA Club stands for Domain Association Club.

GREAT! ...maybe DAC(dot)COM will sell their name to us for DA Club? :)

•••
MEC COM seems to be a bit of a bidding war on, at the latest SEDO Great Domain auction, now at $41,000

•••
MEC COM seems to be a bit of a bidding war on, at the latest SEDO Great Domain auction, now at $41,000

I saw that...I'm really rooting for it! :)

•••

According to a comment over at Domain Name Wire, "mec" also means "guy/boyfriend" in French, so that may help push the price up.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back