Domain Empire

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We need this one too guys :)

This guide will also help LLLL.com holders to understand more the value of their 4 letters .com based on how expensive the similar 3 letters .com are.

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of February 1, 2008:

3-Letter .com - $6700 (+ $300 since January 1, 2008 report)

But I consider their guide a bit old since they are not taking in consideration the emergenging countries that appreciate other letters and as we have run a poll here several times lately, the majority of people consider the letters U
and W to be Premium letters.

Let`s have a look at some recent LLL.com sales as reported from NameBio.com :

nak.com $27,135 2007-12-22 SEDO.com
nyz.com $10,605 2007-12-19 tdnam
utw.com $10,100 2007-12-10 SEDO.com
via.com $157,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
cgf.com $14,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
vkx.com $6,200 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
mje.com $10,734 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
okf.com $8,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
our.com $60,000 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
kxr.com $7,101 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
lhg.com $13,613 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
wae.com $10,099 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
hya.com $7,499 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
yrd.com $9,100 2007-12-05 SEDO.com
vfk.com $15,750 2007-11-29 AfterNic.com
qee.com $10,882 2007-11-27 SEDO.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
exactly!!!!
i never believed on premium letters and this sale proves i m not wrong(for once :D)

•••
We can't tell much from a single sale...

On average LLL.coms containing premium letters (U+W included, but I'm not going there) sell for more than LLL.coms containing non-premium letters.

on!SPOT said:
exactly!!!!
i never believed on premium letters and this sale proves i m not wrong(for once :D)

•••
It really depends who bought it. Maybe a law firm named Johnson Weaver & Yates bought jwy.com :D

With any domain all you need is 2 bidders to drive the price up.

One sale doesn't make a trend.

on!SPOT said:
exactly!!!!

•••
on!SPOT said:
exactly!!!!

but....you may got me wrong: $10,000 is nothing to be excited about for a LLL.com these days.....since it`s starting to be quite the lowest price for them....or near it.

I have not seen sales under $8,000 for a while now.

•••
i m not excited but i cant ignore the fact that jwy contains mostly non-premium letters.
$8000 to $9900 has some difference imo

i mostly calculate all my investments compared to the money i gave when i st bough them, this one fetched me about $700(and more) raise per month and that is exciting imo.

•••
italiandragon said:
I have not seen sales under $8,000 for a while now.

They actually occur quite frequently if you know where to look.

•••
Pound said:
They actually occur quite frequently if you know where to look.

I look everywhere, but of course can`t be everywhere all the time.

Please report anything that has not been reported, thanks.

•••
at sedo today:

OVU,com -> $10,555

•••
Whats driving these increasing prices

LLL.coms increase in value against a back drop of an economic down turn and slowing sales of domains in general. No other sector of domains or otherwise has risen so much in the last 4 months, but why?

My theory is the rarity of these names plays the largest part. Given that PPC revenue is down and often the acronyms these names form have little meaning and therefore no obvious targeted audience, so what traffic they do get is often junk traffic.

Given there are 17,576 names of which about half are developed, leaves an available pool of approx 8,000 but within this 8,000, 2,000 are owned by elequa who is known not to sell, other known large portfolio owners, who are not sellers, accounts for another approx 1,500 that are locked away. It leaves approx 6,000 names available, that can possibly be brought at re-seller values, but with over 10,000 domainers and the available pool decreasing week on week as they get purchased by end users for development; it may explain why the prices continue to rise and seemly defying gravity and the underlying economic condition.

I beleive they will rise to a minimum of $15,000 before we see any slowing to around other assets' typical yearly increases of about 10% per year.

What do you think?

Last edited:
•••
betthelot said:
LLL.coms increase in value against a back drop of an economic down turn and slowing sales of domains in general. No other sector of domains or otherwise has risen so much in the last 4 months, but why?

My theory is the rarity of these names plays the largest part. Given that PPC revenue is down and often the acronyms these names form have little meaning and therefore no obvious targeted audience, so what traffic they do get is often junk traffic.

Given there are 17,576 names of which about half are developed, leaves an available pool of approx 8,000 but within this 8,000, 2,000 are owned by elequa who is known not to sell, other known large portfolio owners, who are not sellers, accounts for another approx 1,500 that are locked away. It leaves approx 6,000 names available, that can possibly be brought at re-seller values, but with over 10,000 domainers and the available pool decreasing week on week as they get purchased by end users for development; it may explain why the prices continue to rise and seemly defying gravity and the underlying economic condition.

I beleive they will rise to a minimum of $15,000 before we see any slowing to around other assets' typical yearly increases of about 10% per year.

What do you think?

For non US buyers, they are good investments for other reasons as well, the falling US dollar helped and may even produce an additional return when that currency will recover some losses.

•••
Just for the records, SEDO shows now completed the nice sale of:

TAZ.com $40,000

•••
I have a Supply question about the LLL.com's.

Do you have any idea how many of the 17576 LLL.com's are in the hands of end users? I imagine that the number available for trade is heading towards 0.

Does anyone do a survey of these?

•••
It's a long ways from zero, but yes, that's the direction it's heading in.

More and more domainers are becoming their own endusers for LLL.coms -- I'm aware of 6 different NPers using their LLL.coms for new developments of their own -- probably alot more on here (and a whole lot more elsewhere) doing that too.

rgremill said:
I have a Supply question about the LLL.com's.

Do you have any idea how many of the 17576 LLL.com's are in the hands of end users? I imagine that the number available for trade is heading towards 0.

Does anyone do a survey of these?

•••
at sedo

LMV,com -> $20,500 (just one bid)

i think this LLL.com went to an end-user...

•••
bricio said:
at sedo

LMV,com -> $20,500 (just one bid)

i think this LLL.com went to an end-user...

Of course....brainwashed domainers think V is not Premium...

(ask this to Businesses in Venezuela, Virginia, Vermont or Vanuatu... :blink: )

•••
SNQ.com is at NameJet - closing tomorrow - Current bid - $7,001

•••
italiandragon said:

I think you have summed up the reason why it is regarded as "semi-premium" rather than a letter such as G for Germany, Greece, etc. Basically put the number of possible acronyms for V up against a commonly regarded "premium" and you will see less. Obviously there are many for V, however, to have it on the same level as other letters would be an error.

•••
Spade said:
SNQ.com is at NameJet - closing tomorrow - Current bid - $7,001

Didnt budge. Final Price - $7,001 - Im so mad I wasn't home today.

•••
The thing about that is you never know what the winning bidder was willing to spend. All it takes is two bidders to drive it up. Maybe his proxy bid was $10K.

I have been involved in several auctions were it is basically me and 1 other person, and if they weren't there I would get a steal.

Spade said:
Didnt budge. Final Price - $7,001 - Im so mad I wasn't home today.

•••
at sedo today

IJI,com -> 6,101 EUR ($9,445)

•••
italiandragon said:

I like the letter V a lot -- I use the fact that nobody else seems to like it when buying. :hehe:

•••
Tomorrow at NameJet:

FTN.com Closes tomorrow.

Current price: $13,200

Its a beautiful name - clearly all premium, lots of acronym possibilities. I would love to be in the bidding, but I see this going higher.

•••
Spade said:
Tomorrow at NameJet:

FTN.com Closes tomorrow.

Current price: $13,200

Its a beautiful name - clearly all premium, lots of acronym possibilities. I would love to be in the bidding, but I see this going higher.

But it's only a 'double premium' ROFL :hehe:

•••
arnie said:
But it's only a 'double premium' ROFL :hehe:

I suppose there is no "winning" the premium debate.

•••
ZRU.com sold for $8100 here on Namepros

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back