IT.COM

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We need this one too guys :)

This guide will also help LLLL.com holders to understand more the value of their 4 letters .com based on how expensive the similar 3 letters .com are.

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of February 1, 2008:

3-Letter .com - $6700 (+ $300 since January 1, 2008 report)

But I consider their guide a bit old since they are not taking in consideration the emergenging countries that appreciate other letters and as we have run a poll here several times lately, the majority of people consider the letters U
and W to be Premium letters.

Let`s have a look at some recent LLL.com sales as reported from NameBio.com :

nak.com $27,135 2007-12-22 SEDO.com
nyz.com $10,605 2007-12-19 tdnam
utw.com $10,100 2007-12-10 SEDO.com
via.com $157,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
cgf.com $14,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
vkx.com $6,200 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
mje.com $10,734 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
okf.com $8,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
our.com $60,000 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
kxr.com $7,101 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
lhg.com $13,613 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
wae.com $10,099 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
hya.com $7,499 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
yrd.com $9,100 2007-12-05 SEDO.com
vfk.com $15,750 2007-11-29 AfterNic.com
qee.com $10,882 2007-11-27 SEDO.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That was big money - Was that in the std auction format., so we can take it at least 2 people were willing to pay $20k plus

there were actually 3 bidders over 20k.

ICZ ended $7250
WDY ended at $7800

some strong sales! the winning bidder for these two names is chinese.

•••
Strong sales indeed, I would have guessed they would go for $4k maximum.

•••
mcu.com $24,500.00 @ SN.

that one is on the "warning lot".

it belongs to the same guy who had his account hijacked and about 100 domains sent to deletion.

most of the LLL.com, LLL.net, LLL.org, CC.org and others alike that are being drop in the last days belong to the same account.

it will be interesting to see how this will end.

nevertheless, strong sale for current times. many people entering in the action pushing it up level after level.

regards,
tonecas

•••
there were actually 3 bidders over 20k.

ICZ ended $7250
WDY ended at $7800

some strong sales! the winning bidder for these two names is chinese.

As I said two weeks ago in response to snoop saying to watch parking revenues, (implying if they continue to go down it will have a drag on LLL.coms prices) - Its Chinese buyers which will drive this sector.

In conclusion the factor that will have most effect on these names is if the uptake from China will significantly increase the turnover of LLL.coms to endusers. Not parking revenues.

Last edited:
•••
that one is on the "warning lot". it belongs to the same guy who had his account hijacked and about 100 domains sent to deletion.

I contacted this guy a few weeks ago and he was very aware that the domains were set to delete, and was going through the process with Netsol... surprised to see that they actually dropped, considering Netsol were mid-discussions with the previous owner.

What's the 'warning lot'???

•••
I contacted this guy a few weeks ago and he was very aware that the domains were set to delete, and was going through the process with Netsol... surprised to see that they actually dropped, considering Netsol were mid-discussions with the previous owner.

What's the 'warning lot'???

the "warning lot" is the domains that are dropping in the recent days that were all renewed, hijacked and set for deletion. You buy them and you have some chance of have to give them back in a few weeks.

funny seeing so many backorders on 57.org, cq.org and others when there is no chance to grab them again once they are deleted. this ones were also on the "warning lot".

this is an event that i am eager to see the end. the owner had a nice good portfolio and these domains were some of the best. let's see how "friendly" the registrars and the Registry are.

regards,
tonecas

•••
xai.com sedo 12,650 euros ($18450-).

•••
XAI.com is still going, currently at €12,650 / $18,975 USD (Sedo/GD)!

LLL.com world dominance! :)

•••
XAI.com is still going, currently at €12,650 / $18,975 USD (Sedo/GD)!

LLL.com world dominance! :)

importantly 3 people were prepared to pay $15,000

•••
Did anyone get premium auction results ?

•••
LFA.com - $15,005 Godaddy Auctions. Sounds a lot better that the original posting :)

•••
LFA.com - $15,005 Godaddy Auctions. Sounds a lot better that the original posting :)

:notme:

much better ;)

completly insane the auction. The bidder 1 got the domain from bidder 18 who pushed the price until $12,000. Then bidder 1 enter again at 11:24:40 and then on was a proxy bid war between the two until 14:04:32. Almost 3 hours of increments of $5. These GoDaddy auctions are funny :P

Didn't notice that Godaddy only places the indication of a Proxy bid on one of the bidders. The other one gets its proxy bids entered after each 31 seconds.

regards,
tonecas

Last edited:
•••
$15k is more like it! why was it reported before at a way lower price?

•••
the "warning lot" is the domains that are dropping in the recent days that were all renewed, hijacked and set for deletion. You buy them and you have some chance of have to give them back in a few weeks.

funny seeing so many backorders on 57.org, cq.org and others when there is no chance to grab them again once they are deleted. this ones were also on the "warning lot".

this is an event that i am eager to see the end. the owner had a nice good portfolio and these domains were some of the best. let's see how "friendly" the registrars and the Registry are.

regards,
tonecas

Are there risks of the previous owner take you to wipo many months later? What is the list of his domains?

•••
Are there risks of the previous owner take you to wipo many months later? What is the list of his domains?

WIPO i don't think so. But the registrars and the Registry can agree to return the domain to the owner. i'm personally interested in seeing the end of this novel because it is something new to me and i want to see if the registrars and the Registry will do something.

the lot included names like:

cq.org
zq.org
xq.org
57.org

wdy.org
qrz.org
qth.org
uhf.org
jtw.org

wdy.net
ecz.net
qso.net
jtw.net

wdy.com
mcu.com
icz.com

2jw.com
d2a.com

races.net

and on...

regards,
tonecas

•••
•••
Namejet:

WJS.com $12,600
awesome sale! havent seen any crappy sales lately.

the cheapest names i can find atm are around 4.5k

•••
Even better sale, JJJ.com went for $48,500. Snoop won't be happy to hear this, as he sold it at the bottom for $16k.

•••
Even better sale, JJJ.com went for $48,500. Snoop won't be happy to hear this, as he sold it at the bottom for $16k.

Any idea where that sold?

•••

There is a God:!:
:wave:

HRZ.com $4,500 sedo

Last edited:
•••

Awesome sale. It was only about 9-10 months ago that Snoop sold it at $16K for a loss.
The LLL market has rebounded quite a bit.

•••
•••
Namejet:

WJS.com $12,600

i suspected that would get into the low $xx,xxx because of the obvious typo of WSJ. good price.

there is more to a domain than good or bad letters :)

regards,
tonecas

•••
Some good sales at Traffic NY auction

QDC.com $7000
UTN.com $10,000
UZS.COM $5,000

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

I believe a private sale, seller has just announced it at the "other" forum.
JJJ.com $48,000
Whois showed it in SEDO escrow service for the last week and today it now shows
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Hayden Road Scottsdale Arizona, is the home of Godaddy.
And the name servers reside in China. Could it be the sweetest deal of all and a Chinese buyer brought it?

•••
LLN.com $11,000 Traffic NY auctions

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back