Dynadot

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We need this one too guys :)

This guide will also help LLLL.com holders to understand more the value of their 4 letters .com based on how expensive the similar 3 letters .com are.

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of February 1, 2008:

3-Letter .com - $6700 (+ $300 since January 1, 2008 report)

But I consider their guide a bit old since they are not taking in consideration the emergenging countries that appreciate other letters and as we have run a poll here several times lately, the majority of people consider the letters U
and W to be Premium letters.

Let`s have a look at some recent LLL.com sales as reported from NameBio.com :

nak.com $27,135 2007-12-22 SEDO.com
nyz.com $10,605 2007-12-19 tdnam
utw.com $10,100 2007-12-10 SEDO.com
via.com $157,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
cgf.com $14,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
vkx.com $6,200 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
mje.com $10,734 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
okf.com $8,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
our.com $60,000 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
kxr.com $7,101 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
lhg.com $13,613 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
wae.com $10,099 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
hya.com $7,499 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
yrd.com $9,100 2007-12-05 SEDO.com
vfk.com $15,750 2007-11-29 AfterNic.com
qee.com $10,882 2007-11-27 SEDO.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The one expecting to see those companies were you not me (remember your post about Zyrong, Yollow and Xenon?). When you look up at Google an all premium acronym like "fht" you find a lot of companies belonging to people with surnames like Foster, Holmes and Thomas, right? WRONG! Only you could have come up such a contrived argument. For your information there are a lot of other uses for acronyms besides peoples names.

And yes, I think there are a lot of potential users in China for 3 and 3 letters domains with so-called non premium letters. It is already clear in the 4L market where prices are a lot more accessible to small companies, but I think it will be also clear for 3 letter names in the future as internet penetration and general economy in China grow.

You said,

"Yes, the names you listed are uncommon. But the three founders could be Xiao, Yu and Zhang. These are among the most common surnames in China."

Where are all these companies with founders like that who are they using the acronymn as their corporate identity. Are you saying there is good enduser demand for names like yzx.com or are you saying something else?

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

•••
The time to buy is not when they are reaching new lows though, $7000, $6000, $5000, $4000, $3000, not if you want to make a profit. At some point you might get lucky with that strategy but it is unlikely. Stand clear until the crash is definately over.

But you dont do that - you just keep saying they are going to crash at what ever price level on the way down and got very excited when one sold at $2,990, in fact to get to that figure you used a particularly weak Euro to the USD rate. You need to distance yourself from your desire to see people fail; its not an enduring or constructive trait. Now LLL.coms have not hit the lows you were hoping for, you have turned your desire for watching others fail onto the LLLL.coms investors and I so want the buy out to hold, so we can all watch you fail.

Last edited:
•••
But you dont do that - you just keep saying they are going to crash at what ever price level on the way down and got very excited when one sold at $2,990, in fact to get to that figure you used a particularly weak Euro to the USD rate. You need to distance yourself from your desire to see people fail; its not an enduring or constructive trait.

I simply stated that it was an incredibly risky time to buy and that the market could very easily fall another $1000. The price converted to $2999 and that was what it was reported as including dnjournal. I'd much rather buy at $3500 in a rising market than $2999 in a falling market. The $2999 buyer could have easily been the next $7000, $6000, $5000 etc buyer to see a huge loss a month after. At some point the market finds a bottomed but that point isn't known until it starts to rise again.

Now LLL.coms have not hit the lows you were hoping for, you have turned your desire for watching others fail onto the LLLL.coms investors and I so want the buy out to hold, so we can all watch you fail.

I'm been negative on LLLL.com for 18 months, right from the peaks as well. Next you tell me I'm turning my attention to .tv and .mobi.

•••
I simply stated that it was an incredibly risky time to buy and that the market could very easily fall another $1000.
Exactly you wanted them to crash and burn and then 3 months later TODAY you say of the same LLL.coms
genuine collectibles with real capital value

This is no sense of conviction and belief you need to be ahead of the curve. This is hind sight dressed up as wisdom. :td: worthless

•••
I have VPSH {dot} com. VPS Hosting is very big right now and a Google search turns up a ton of services that provide it.

Trying to get a read on what this might fetch at auction - assuming I can drum up some enduser interest. Any thoughts?

•••
I have VPSH {dot} com. VPS Hosting is very big right now and a Google search turns up a ton of services that provide it.

Trying to get a read on what this might fetch at auction - assuming I can drum up some enduser interest. Any thoughts?

Isn't that an LLLL.com?

•••

i like it.

i would try contacting potential end-users directly instead of auction it. in an auction essentially for domainers you may fetch $400/500 USD i guess.

this is allways a matter of getting the right attention. if you get end-users to the auction i guess you could get to $3000 USD. just my HO.

regards,
tonecas

•••
Isn't that an LLLL.com?

Sorry - it was late when I posted. Wrong thread.

i like it.

i would try contacting potential end-users directly instead of auction it. in an auction essentially for domainers you may fetch $400/500 USD i guess.

this is allways a matter of getting the right attention. if you get end-users to the auction i guess you could get to $3000 USD. just my HO.

regards,
tonecas

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

•••
It looks like there are 4 LLL.COMs coming up for deletion in the next few days/weeks:

icz.com
mcu.com
wdy.com
hdj.com

I'm guessing this doesn't happen very often - has anyone had any success in trying to out-smart NameJet/Pool/Snapnames? Or are we resigned to the big profits being made on these by the big companies?

Dave

•••
It looks like there are 4 LLL.COMs coming up for deletion in the next few days/weeks:

icz.com
mcu.com
wdy.com
hdj.com

I'm guessing this doesn't happen very often - has anyone had any success in trying to out-smart NameJet/Pool/Snapnames? Or are we resigned to the big profits being made on these by the big companies?

Dave

nops. you can't outsmart them at this moment.

carefull however with some of those domains. they were hijacked and the scumbag set them to drop.

it is a bunch of domains ranging from LLL.com, LLL.net, LLL.org, LL.org and NN.org that will appear in the next days on the various platforms.

the NN/LL.org will maybe be more dificult to recover by the owner but the rest won't.

regards,
tonecas

•••
nops. you can't outsmart them at this moment.

carefull however with some of those domains. they were hijacked and the scumbag set them to drop.

it is a bunch of domains ranging from LLL.com, LLL.net, LLL.org, LL.org and NN.org that will appear in the next days on the various platforms.

the NN/LL.org will maybe be more dificult to recover by the owner but the rest won't.

regards,
tonecas

Co-sign that. Be very careful bidding on dropped LLL.coms as many of them have been hijacked in the past. Always check whois history before you bid on such domains in drop auctions.

•••
Always check whois history before you bid on such domains in drop auctions.

Thanks - two quick follow-ups. I thought DomainTools was the best site to check histories, but DT doesn't have anything for HDJ.COM since 2008 - which I've never seen before - any ideas?

Also, if the domain was previously hijacked and is now expiring and returning to the pool, does the original owner have any rights to this? If not, why the caution?

Cheers for this,
Dave

•••
Thanks - two quick follow-ups. I thought DomainTools was the best site to check histories, but DT doesn't have anything for HDJ.COM since 2008 - which I've never seen before - any ideas?

it has happened a few times. "misteriously" the domains appear on NameJet's auction an year later in a supposed pre-release auction...

is is also not so easy to keep track of every domain. for instance, IDNs have very little background.

in that particular case of HDJ.com the plot is even more interesting. the domain was schedule for pre-release auction on 2009-10-09 and in the last day, with more than 200 bidders, the domain disappear. it is now in redemption period. notice that it move to redemption period on 2009-10-10...

Also, if the domain was previously hijacked and is now expiring and returning to the pool, does the original owner have any rights to this? If not, why the caution?

Cheers for this,
Dave

it has rights because he was roubed. he can call for the registrars to give him back the domain and the last guy that owns it risks loosing the domain and the money.

notice that their have even been cases of deals that have completed on Namejet and that were reversed one month latter because the buyer used funds that were not hers. in the meantime the domains were sold on SEDO before finanlly getting back to the Registrar that "owned" the domain at the time of the auction at NameJet (for a new auction).

regards,
tonecas

•••
LFA.com sold for $6,205 on GoDaddy. Another expiring auction.

regards,
tonecas

•••
LFA.com sold for $6,205 on GoDaddy. Another expiring auction.

regards,
tonecas

Original owner in 2005 using domain name (@lfa.com) as admin contact. Whois goes private from 2005-10-10 until now.

No wonder why it sold so cheap.

•••
Quite a few bargains lately, makes us wonder sometimes.

•••
Quite a few bargains lately, makes us wonder sometimes.

that's why it is called a bear market :)

in down turns everything seems expensive and people retreat. in happy times everything seems cheap and people spend without thinking.

if we think like the crowd we loose like the crowd.

cash is king in times like this and having it and knowing what to do you can make a killing in a few years.

this short domain game has only one premisse for me: scarcity. everything else is rationalization.

as long the internet keeps having domains in its foundation and has long there is lot of people yet to get on to the internet the value will keep rising in the future, even if it is based only on domainers expectations, a group that too will grow with time.

just my 2cents

regards,
tonecas

•••
Original owner in 2005 using domain name (@lfa.com) as admin contact. Whois goes private from 2005-10-10 until now.

No wonder why it sold so cheap.
Good point pcpro. If buyer did his homework and was satisfied about the authenticity of the 2005-10-10 Whois change then they got a great name at a bargain price.

•••
Good point pcpro. If buyer did his homework and was satisfied about the authenticity of the 2005-10-10 Whois change then they got a great name at a bargain price.

I'd try to contact the 2005 owner by phone before bidding. Just to make sure that the domain changed owners in a legit way. If the domain is legit, the buyer got a "once a year" bargain. :)

•••
I'd try to contact the 2005 owner by phone before bidding. Just to make sure that the domain changed owners in a legit way. If the domain is legit, the buyer got a "once a year" bargain. :)

Seems strange it was sold already. There was supposed to be 5-6 days left of the auction still. Could it be the owner renewed it and it was withdrawn?

•••
Seems strange it was sold already. There was supposed to be 5-6 days left of the auction still. Could it be the owner renewed it and it was withdrawn?

sorry, my bad. messed up the auction end dates.

it is still running until 22 of this month.

regards,
tonecas

•••
sorry, my bad. messed up the auction end dates.

it is still running until 22 of this month.

regards,
tonecas

LOL for one moment there Snoop was getting very excited that another down turn was on its way:P

•••
•••
mcu.com $24,500.00 @ SN.

That was big money - Was that in the std auction format., so we can take it at least 2 people were willing to pay $20k plus

•••
LOL for one moment there Snoop was getting very excited that another down turn was on its way:P

Aah the cheap shots continue.......like I have been saying for several months, I believe this market is on the rise.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back