IT.COM

The legality of Links???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
O.k. i'm a Newbie so.... If i started a small website that would be created to generate money from using adsense (and actually this question is for using adsense ect or not using adsense-just to have a website) can i just put various links of different websites on my webiste? I.e. without money being involved can i just put a link, like if i said; i think this is a cool webiste check out....>>namepros.com or sedo.com or golf.com or cars.com or your website.com without your permission or do i have to have the permission of the owners of the website to put a link in my website?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well I don't see why anyone would mind a link back to their site. Unless you're saying here's a list of websites that suck:
link 1
link 2
etc.

•••
CHILLY said:
do i have to have the permission of the owners of the website to put a link in my website?

Sometimes you do. Some sites have terms and conditions about 'deep linking' to specific content rather than the homepage.

If you're linking to homepages I can't envisage any problems, (providing you are not making libelous comments next to the links!)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back