Domain Empire

new gtlds The Great Rebranding Story: Small Business Owners Adopting the New Extensions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
We often have a preconceived notion that .com domains are the best for online presence and business. Businesses around the world are now moving away from the herd mentality and are opting for the new TLDs which reflect their brand and business in a better way. The primary reason to opt out of .com is that these small businesses are able to secure good keywords in the new extensions.
Barclays, one of the largest banking services in UK, changed their web address to new and cool name Home.Barclays in mid 2015.
The trend was soon followed by the Saxo Bank of Denmark who switched to Home.Sexo in 2016. Thus began the migration of the big companies from the .COM to their own extensions.
This strategy is well used by some other business like Lusso-Clothing.co.uk who switched to Lusso.bike. It is interesting to note that Lusso is a 33 years company so even older companies are following this cool trend...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
What do you need to know. Its been said and proved a million times over that .com is king.

If you cant take to facts why should we waste our time? Go ahead buy those nGTLDs. Make a fortune. Prove us wrong. Until that time. You are the one thats got it wrong.

Your business record does not scream professional. You have minus 1 itrader:)

Last edited:
•••
No extension is a king, what makes a domain a good domain is the combination of keyword and the extension.

Extension alone doesn't make you a millionaire.

This is true that .com have more registrations but you forgot something: People lose more money with .com

See how many of them dropping each week. And since you false .com prophets speculate the market there are tons of people wasting their money on the drop catch platforms.

If the domain is not renewed there is a reason behind that. Millions of .com drops each year, millions and what is the chance that drop catchers will make big bucks on those dropped domains?

0.000001 in a Million?

Do not mislead people about .com, they see this type of comments(.com is king) and they register hundreds or maybe thousands of useless domains. Assuming they made a smart investment just because invested in .com.

(n)

•••
What do you need to know. Its been said and proved a million times over that .com is king.

If you cant take to facts why should we waste our time? Go ahead buy those nGTLDs. Make a fortune. Prove us wrong. Until that time. You are the one thats got it wrong.

Your business record does not scream professional. You have minus 1 itrader:)

Why do you want to buy new domain names to make a fortune?
See, that's where the problem is: haters thing that new gTLDs were created for investors and actually, that's where the joke is. I confirm that I am no professional :)

•••
This is a domaining forum. People are here to talk about making money from investing in domain names. So I dont get your "joke".

People like you are not professionals we can agree on that. But you are not even domainers. You are trolls. You are here to amuse yourself. Enjoy, but some of us are here to talk and do actual business. Sorry if we interupt your trolling.

Last edited:
•••
Exactly, the main purpose of domains is promoting products and services online for businesses.

This .Com vs new gTLDs bias is only spoken within domainers who want to promote their investments, but in actual business life, there is no such competition.

Last edited:
•••
If you think that market monopolies are easily toppled. What can I say?

If you think that billions of dollars spent on direct marketing had no effect. What can I say?

If you think further billions of dollar spent through indirect marketing through popular culture had no effect. What can I say?

If you disregard the experiences of your fellows that have been in your industry for decades. What can I say?

Let me say this though. .Com IS king and you cant cure stupid.

Last edited:
•••
If you think that market monopolies are easily toppled. What can I say?

If you think that billions of dollars spent on direct marketing had no effect. What can I say?

If you think further billions of dollar spent through indirect marketing through popular culture had no effect. What can I say?

If you disregard the experiences of your fellows that have been in your industry for decades. What can I say?

Let me say this though. .Com IS king and you cant cure stupid.

Please use tagging, so we can understand who you are talking to.

Last edited:
•••
Funny: no haters? :xf.smile:
Wait :)

First of all, this is a rehash of old information. Some of the names featured have been abandoned in the meantime, or they are not resolving or maybe they have dropped. In fact the list looks very familiar. Because we have seen those names before... look:
50+ businesses dumped their .com for a new top level domain - or did they ?

Stuff like Home.Barclays is old news too. But it is the global portal only. Clients of the bank do their day to day banking on barclays.co.uk, .fr or some other ccTLD. They don't visit the global portal on a regular basis and don't care about the rebranding at all.

And it's funny that even Home.Barclays (which I understand is meant to be the success story and model for new extensions) is still full of links to barclays.com, for instance subdomains like www.investmentbank.barclays.com, barclayscorporate.com, www.newsroom.barclays.com etc
I didn't have to dig a lot, just looked at the page source. Check for yourself.

How many years do you think they'll need to complete the 'transition' ?

It's the usual nTLD propaganda, nothing newsworthy to report on, so it's same stuff repeated all over again, by people who are not even paying attention and posting outdated data.

Not hating, but not impressed.

•••
•••
•••
And if you want to see the businesses that use .com.. Just use the internet. No need for specialized lists of exotic nature.

Billion dollar companies are adapting to new gTLDs.

Did you ever question why?

•••
•••
Billion dollar companies are adapting to new gTLDs.

Did you ever question why?
Because they were conned into thinking this was the next big thing for their branding.
How come ordinary people are still unfamiliar with new extensions if they are doing so well.
Did you ever question why ?

Dozens of big companies have already terminated their TLDs. Do I need to send you the link again ?

Multi million dollar companies also had .mobi domains back in the day. Just saying.
Other than domainers, marketing departements and IP lawyers, nobody noticed and nobody remembers.

•••
Because they were conned into thinking this was the next big thing for their branding.
How come ordinary people are still unfamiliar with new extensions if they are doing so well.

Dozens of big companies have already terminated their TLDs. Do I need to send you the link again ?

Multi million dollar companies also had .mobi domains back in the day. Just saying.
Other than domainers, marketing departements and IP lawyers, nobody noticed and nobody remembers.

.mobi is ridiculous and it is not a new gTLD.

You think Billion Dollar companies are stupid to fall for a hype?

It is really good for branding for most of the companies using it.

It is catchy, easy to remember.

Think of a tour operator who provides tours to New York and their name is let's say Davidson Tourism

Nobody will remember their website davidsontourism.com but if they have NewYork.Tours I guarantee their customers will remember the website and come back again whenever they want to visit NewYork again.

Also this domain will help them to gain reputation against their competitors named like Jack Tours or so, who organizes tours to New York as well.

also companies who terminated their own tlds like ,mcdonalds (.McDonalds) and so have no value for domainers since you can`t invest in them they are only for their usage.

Last edited:
•••
Afraid your opinion is worth as much as your itrader. Zero all across the board.

No experience. Not as an investor and not as an advisor to those conglomerates you are talking about. I have experience with both and can tell you that conglomerates are not a single entity that acts rationally. They also have noobs that read press releases and think they are research.

Thats for you @atinc. Noticed you had trouble keeping up without tags to help you.

•••
Afraid your opinion is worth as much as your itrader. Zero all across the board.

No experience. Not as an investor and not as an advisor to those conglomerates you are talking about. I have experience with both and can tell you that conglomerates are not a single entity that acts rationally. They also have noobs that read press releases and think they are research.

Thats for you @atinc. Noticed you had trouble keeping up without tags to help you.
So you called me stupid right?

I assure you I am not. I am a successful business entrepreneur, definitely making more money than you do as a business professional.

And what this fact makes you then?

You are right, I have sold zero domains since I started out investing heavily on domains which was last year.

I got no domain sales at namePros or other platforms.

I am an honest businessman owning multiple businesses and domains are just another investment tool for me.

Selling high-quality domains are not easy compared to selling low-quality ones for a couple of bucks.

I got no time to sell $2 - $99 as many of you do here to show that you guys are great sellers.

LOL

Last edited:
•••
You dont seem overly bright no. Maybe you made more money than me in some other industry. I dont know. I mean in forest gump the main character also becomes rich. Its not impossible.

But we are talking domains. A field where you self admittedly have no experience and no success. I sold more than 20k domains in my career as a broker and investor and did a little more than 900k USD in domain sales last 12 months. You know how many nGTLDS I sold? Zero.

So I think I have more experience and knowledge than you in this market. You want to teach me about soap or what ever go ahead. Here we are talking about domain names.

•••
You dont seem overly bright no. Maybe you made more money than me in some other industry. I dont know. I mean in forest gump the main character also becomes rich. Its not impossible.

But we are talking domains. A field where you self admittedly have no experience and no success. I sold more than 20k domains as a broker and investor and did a little more than 900k USD in domain sales last 12 months. You know how many nGTLDS I sold? Zero.

So I think I have more experience and knowledge than you in this market. You want to teach me about soap or what ever go ahead. Here we are talking about domain names.

That only happens in Hollywood pawl.

Don`t fool yourself.

So that makes the difference, you sold 20,000 domain names in your entire career and made 900K only this year.

I don`t do fake reports man, that makes the difference. I am an honest man, don`t need other domainers appreciation cause I am doing well with my businesses.

I don`t trust the numbers you provided above.

I read another thread about you with this guy who sold hatred.com or something and he mentioned you that you couldn`t sell his name and questioned your so-called sales reports, he didn`t trust you either.

At the end of day, he sold his domain for $150,000 by himself by outbound marketing.

Proves that you are pretty good at your job.

Keep it up

•••
Well I dont really care. If anyone wants to see I can provide documentation from escrow.com of 866k in sales last 12 months. Last 60k was done in direct transfers.

Funny you do mention a fake sale as counter point to my real ones though.

Anyways since your final point is that you dont believe me lets just let it rest. If you want documentation I will show you. But then I expect you to come here and publicly acknowledge that you are wrong.

Can you do that? Or you to busy not selling domain names?

Edit
Or we can just ask the GM from escrow.com to confirm. Since then I do not have to send you 8 pages from my escrow account.

@Jackson Elsegood can you confirm that I have more than 850k in sales since August 2016 at Escrow.com? And more than 100k this month?

Last edited:
•••
Well I dont really care. If anyone wants to see I can provide documentation from escrow.com of 866k in sales last 12 months. Last 60k was done in direct transfers.

Funny you do mention a fake sale as counter point to my real ones though.

Anyways since your final point is that you dont believe me lets just let it rest. If you want documentation I will show you. But then I expect you to come here and publicly acknowledge that you are wrong.

Can you do that? Or you to busy not selling domain names?

You should do that by opening a new thread so you can clean that bad reputation.

If you are accurate with the quantity of domains you claimed you have sold which is 20,000, then I will ofcourse come back to say sorry. But till then I will assume this is not true.

Make sure the documents are not photoshopped or what so ever and share them publicly in a new thread.

This ain`t for me this is for your reputation.

•••
Well I can not document the 20k since thats spans 14 years of business. I can document around 7000 from last 12 months. I asked the escrow GM to confirm my numbers.

My business rep is fine. I have 100% satisfaction what do you have? All I see is a blank slate and zero feedback. I have a problem letting liars go unchecked which gets me in trouble sometimes. Including the hatred "sale". Btw why has that not changed owner? Why did the guy claiming to sell it try to sell ALL of his domains here at NP a few weeks later. Including his handle name? Check your facts and your world might change.

•••
Well I can not document the 20k since thats spans 14 years of business. I can document around 7000 from last 12 months. I asked the escrow GM to confirm my numbers.

My business rep is fine. I have 100% satisfaction what do you have? All I see is a blank slate and zero feedback. I have a problem letting liars go unchecked which gets me in trouble sometimes. Including the hatred "sale". Btw why has that not changed owner? Why did the guy claiming to sell it try to sell ALL of his domains here at NP a few weeks later. Including his handle name? Check your facts and your world might change.
See 7000 domains in the past 12 months doesn`t really make sense to me.

This means selling 583 domains on a monthly basis for 1 year.

But if you really do then I would show you big respect.

I am fine with documentation of 7000 domains. Please share when you can verify that with escrow.com `s General Manager.

You think Richard is lying and made a fake sales report?

His sale was verified by dsad and domain sherpa. How come it can be possible? Please explain so I can understand your point.

On the other hand why do you use escrow? Don`t they also get a commission out of the sales? How much % left to you after the sales?

If I did broker 7000 domain names for $866,000 in 12 months I would eliminate escrow to raise my profit. And provide the same service they do.

How much net profit did you make with this 7000 domains in the past year?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back