opinion The Good and Bad of Brokerage Services You Use

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kristaps @ NameSilo

Established Member
NameSilo Staff
Impact
Hello all,

We are putting the finishing touches on our new brokerage platform namelot.com and are wondering what kinds of features you love or lack from the brokerage services you currently use.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The ability to resell others domains eg I see a gem for sale on site have a buyer in niche.
or eg have 20 of same keyword and there are 50 listed that my domains will bring traffic to.

Last edited:
•••
Hi I just registered at Namelot and looks like an excellent idea. However there are just 4 brokers including the test brokers. Any expected time the platform will be fully operational?

•••
Thank you for registering. We are in open beta and still working out a few things. I would say within July we should have most of the remaining things ironed out.

•••
Did sellers pay upfront to list name???

•••
dont use any brokerage service except, I only use domains marketplace

- API for adding/modifying/deleting domains
- auto approve with a file on the root directory
- bulk import/export
- multiple payment options to fit any customer in the world.

Last edited:
•••
OK just register and I just list one domain name for testing

Great platform...

Hope my domain will show on home page.

Kudos...

•••
More competing platforms is always better :) The 1st question to @Kristaps @ NameSilo - will your brokerage service operate in the same "anonymous - no human signatures" mode like support @ namesilo does ? I am referring to "Have a nice day! NameSilo Support" and similar endings in responses to support tickets (or no signatures at all).

If so, it would not work.

Reference:

The Value of Personal Service
A few years ago, a survey by Genesys asked more than 9,000 consumers about what mattered to them most when it came to doing business with companies.

What did the respondents mark as the improvement they’d like to see most among the companies they do business with?

40% of them – more than double the responses that the second place answer received – said “better human service”.

... and many more quotes. Just search what marketing pros do recommend in connection with better customer service...

•••
@Kristaps @ NameSilo Is your service functional? What is your criteria for accepting names for brokerage? Is it commission based or is there any upfront fee?
I am looking for platform/brokers who will accept not- so-premium-names (may be on an annual fee or case based fee structure). Sometimes I can find leads but cannot find exact person to be contacted in an organisation or I am not so confident in directly talking to them due to language issues. So if somebody call do that role for an affordable fee or/and moderate commission, that would be great.

Last edited:
•••
@Kristaps @ NameSilo Is your service functional? What is your criteria for accepting names for brokerage? Is it commission based or is there any upfront fee?
I am looking for platform/brokers who will accept not- so-premium-names (may be on an annual fee or case based fee structure). Sometimes I can find leads but cannot find exact person to be contacted in an organisation or I am not so confident in directly talking to them due to language issues. So if somebody call do that role for an affordable fee or/and moderate commission, that would be great.

Thank you for your interest.
- Our NameLot service is indeed functional - you can create an account today at namelot.com and start listing your domains.
- ATM we don't have any requirements for listing domain names but generally, the more premium names with higher selling potential tend to be more successful with our brokers.
- Our fee is commission based, minimum 20%.

Once you list a domain with us, our brokers will then manage all the reach-outs on your behalf so you won't have to worry about these types of issues.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back