NameSilo

Best domain brokerage company?

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by ED1190, Jul 13, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. ED1190

ED1190 Established Member

Hello!

So I have a couple of domains that I feel would fetch some pretty nice coin. However, I'm wondering if it'd be wise to use a brokerage company, and have them find the potential buyers.

Has anyone here used a brokerage company, and can recommend a solid one? Pretty new when it comes to this domain stuff, so want to make sure I'm on the right path.

Thank you!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Justin Matmor

Justin Matmor Top Contributor VIP

Only use a broker if you have an ultra premium domain.

Something that will sell for $5000+.

There are a few great brokers on NP.

3. jamesosix

jamesosix Top Contributor VIP

Could you explain why please?

I mean, if a broker would charge a percentage of the sale price, then happy days all round no?

Thanks

4. Justin Matmor

Brokers will try very hard to sell an expensive domain - that's why.

No broker will spend 20 hours trying to sell a $2000 domain to earn 30% or $600. However, a broker will do it for 30% if the return is $1500.

It takes the same effort to sell a $2000 or a $50000 domain for a broker.

5. jamesosix

jamesosix Top Contributor VIP

The thing is though if its a career/job/self employed business then they should be happy for the client if they are having a quiet time/lack of clients/cash flow issues. I mean 600$ is better than nothing imo.

Obviously, if they can afford to be picky, then great, but how many can really afford to picky over a 5k+ or 3.5k+ domain sale.

6. Justin Matmor

If a broker is offered a cheap domain they will not reach out to end users. All they would do is park it somewhere and hope for the best.

7. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

That's it brokers can't sell domains that nobody wants, and won't waste their time.
    And good domains sell for themselves. They don't need brokers, but *real* brokers can sometimes provide qualified exposure or the connections to the right end user.

Brokers who are good would rather broker their own domains, so they keep 100% of the proceeds, rather than a percentage.

8. ED1190

For the record, these are the 2 domains I want to sell:

running.solutions
    offline.consulting

The first one was valued at $4,100 by Estibot and Valuate, and the 2nd one at $960.

9. DaVisionz

DaVisionz Established Member

unfortunately, the market for the new gTLDs is not big enough to warrant interest from brokers except in very rare instances.

10. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

And automated appraisals are worthless. Especially for new extensions.

11. ED1190

Ah, that sucks.

I had checked Namebio.com, and it seems there a few .solution domains that sold for low to mid tier 4 digits.

I could just hold onto both since they're definitely valuable, and then hopefully the tide changes in the future.

12. DaVisionz

I have very few gTLDs but those that I have a definitely applicable to the TLD they are registered under. I have had some interest in a few of my .club domains (pint.club, make.club especially), but have not had offers high enough that I'm willing to let them go just yet. I will be holding them for a while.

13. DaVisionz

I think https://namestat.org/ is a good indicator of what may be valuable in these new gTLD spaces. If a gTLD has almost no use, it's not going to be valuable...

14. ED1190

Hmmm, I'll check it out. Seems like an interesting resource.

I do have another potential premium domain:

AsianClub.net

The .com and .org are currently selling for xxxx. Granted, that may not mean much, but still.

15. Olayinka Oladele

Olayinka Oladele Established Member

Well, good one.
    My advice? Do the hardwork chum and make it all for yourself. If however a broker seems interested in one. Great, shoot! But this is something your own hardwork can reward too.
    Cheers.

16. ED1190

Yeah, you do make a good point. I'll likely start contacting all Asian clubs, and see which one ends up being interested in it. Odds are AT LEAST 1 should be interested.

17. Olayinka Oladele

Olayinka Oladele Established Member

I may have a trick for you to find end users. It works, depending on how large the niche is. Can we do a PM so I guide you?

18. ED1190

Of course, that would be nice! Thank you.

19. golan

golan GolanMedia.com VIP

Some contradiction stuff is here...

20. Veronica Smith

Veronica Smith Established Member

Hey,
    You can try flippa.com to sell or buy domain names. This website has genuine audience for domains. Also, it will require you to pay a fixed amount while registering on it. And, if you want to purchase domain names then I'd suggest you to go for znetlive.com where you can find some cool gTLDs too :)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice