Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Kush

Established Member
Impact
Hello NamePros

We’re excited to announce the launch of our partnership with MediaOptions - the world’s number #1 domain brokerage firm.

Together with MediaOptions, we can now bring you a fully streamlined domain aftermarket process: from marketplace to brokerage and everything in between. Read more about the new service here.

More than anything, we are thrilled that we have finally democratized domain brokerage for all Dan.com sellers. Thanks to MediaOptions, our platform now includes the option of using an enterprise-level domain broker.

Heads up: because we’ve added new brokerage features to our platform, we have also updated our Terms and Conditions. You can check them out here.

Thanks @DAN.COM @MediaOptions
Follow me on twitter @jetwbdotcom

Dear NP Community share your thoughts on this partnership...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't see any sense in this pseudobrokerage...
You can't negotiate with your INBOUND buyers or what???

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have seen this video, there only INBOUND offers/buyers and nothing more.

•••
Yeah, this is mostly for people with no negotiations skills. Great :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Looks like Uniregistry #2.
They just copied it.

•••
While it is for inbound with a reasonable starting offer, I still see a place for this sort of service. Some of us either hate to negotiate or are terrible at it (speaking personally), and I think this might provide a way to not leave money on the table. Good on the companies for the arrangement. Certainly track record for getting good prices is there.
Bob

•••
I agree with everything said, good and bad. But the email they sent out promises much more than this actually is (negotiating inbound offers on your behalf).

More than anything, we are thrilled that we have finally democratized domain brokerage for all Dan.com sellers.

Yeah, right. For those that get an offer in the first place.

•••
I think that's a logical next step for DAN,
as the others ( GD, Sedo, etc ) already provide such or similiar service, while DAN feels like very modern and automated, yet.....automated, so they just outsourced brokering making this service available as well.

The time will show, surely MediaOptions will not accept all incoming brokering requests due to low quality/prices or will not match the fulfillment quote over time, then DAN could extend this brokerage option with brokerage service providers.

•••
While it is for inbound with a reasonable starting offer, I still see a place for this sort of service. Some of us either hate to negotiate or are terrible at it (speaking personally), and I think this might provide a way to not leave money on the table. Good on the companies for the arrangement. Certainly track record for getting good prices is there.
Bob
Thanks for posting...

•••
•••
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts... keep writing...

•••
Hello NamePros

We’re excited to announce the launch of our partnership with MediaOptions - the world’s number #1 domain brokerage firm.

Together with MediaOptions, we can now bring you a fully streamlined domain aftermarket process: from marketplace to brokerage and everything in between. Read more about the new service here.

More than anything, we are thrilled that we have finally democratized domain brokerage for all Dan.com sellers. Thanks to MediaOptions, our platform now includes the option of using an enterprise-level domain broker.

Heads up: because we’ve added new brokerage features to our platform, we have also updated our Terms and Conditions. You can check them out here.

Thanks @DAN.COM @MediaOptions
Follow me on twitter @jetwbdotcom

Dear NP Community share your thoughts on this partnership...
Are you from DAN??? Because it looks like you are.
That's an email announcement from Dan.com and you should make it clear, and don't post it like if you are from Dan making the announcement here.

At least put the link to check the news that they have placed in their email:

https://news.dan.com/203266-dan-com-and-mediaoptions-announce-industry-first-partnership

Last edited:
•••
Unable to post it..Thanks for sharing the link✅

•••
Love the innovation! Dan is really giving the traditional players a run for their money.

That said, I was initially under the impression that this additional service would be included in their commission as there was no mention of the cost in their announcement. But after reading their terms further, it looks like they would charge sellers 20% commission (+2% buyer's fee) in return for a better inbound negotiation experience if I'm not mistaken?

That makes it more expensive then listing on Afternic/GoDaddy where negotiation is included and more importantly listings get a ton of additional buyer exposure.

Again, love the move but I'm just struggling to see the benefit.

•••
Love the innovation! Dan is really giving the traditional players a run for their money.

That said, I was initially under the impression that this additional service would be included in their commission as there was no mention of the cost in their announcement. But after reading their terms further, it looks like they would charge sellers 20% commission (+2% buyer's fee) in return for a better inbound negotiation experience if I'm not mistaken?

That makes it more expensive then listing on Afternic/GoDaddy where negotiation is included and more importantly listings get a ton of additional buyer exposure.

20% to reply on my behalf to inbound offer?!!
Lol no thanks I will reply myself

•••

Thanks for posting... Mediaoptions usually charges 15% but if in partnership they will charge (20%+2%) which is even more than sedo also I think then they have to put light on it @DAN.COM @MediaOptions

Last edited:
•••
•••

The added value of using the service is obvious to most domainers. MediaOptions sells +$100M in domains a year. No other domain seller or broker does that. They know better than anyone how to price a domain but also how to move a domain and get a buyer to the desired price point.

If the average domainer sells a specific name for $10k, they can get a $50k sale done. The 20% commission we charge includes MediaOptions taking over the entire negotiation for you with a range of tools that we provide them, including offering payment plans.

Check out the Domainsherpas podcast for the finer details. Andrew Rosener, in the podcast, explains clearly why MediaOptions will increase your sales ratio + sale outcome.

•••
The added value of using the service is obvious to most domainers. MediaOptions sells +$100M in domains a year. No other domain seller or broker does that. They know better than anyone how to price a domain but also how to move a domain and get a buyer to the desired price point.

If the average domainer sells a specific name for $10k, they can get a $50k sale done. The 20% commission we charge includes MediaOptions taking over the entire negotiation for you with a range of tools that we provide them, including offering payment plans.

Check out the Domainsherpas podcast for the finer details. Andrew Rosener, in the podcast, explains clearly why MediaOptions will increase your sales ratio + sale outcome.
Thanks for replying... ✅

Last edited:
•••
This is just an option so you can choose to use it or not.
Beside, we have a lot of non-English speaking domainers here and like Bob said some of us are terrible in term if negotiations so we have something to gain and nothing to lose.

•••

But isn't brokerage mainly about finding potential buyers? Handling negotiations alone doesn't make this service worth the 20% commission IMO.

For example Afternic charge 20% but they bring traffic and handle negotiations at same time.

•••
Anyone has experience about submit domains to mediaoptions.com directly for sell?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back