Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Branding, you sound like you know this for certain. Do you? Because there are a lot of victims reading this thread, and I don't think the fat lady has sung yet. Do you need to completely squash the hopes of so many people if you really don't know for certain? Do you truly know the reported debt numbers?

Kathleen, let me be straight, but honest. First and foremost it is in no way my intention to squash the hope you have or any other victims who got caught up in this scam.

If my post added to your distress I sincerely apologise for this as I have been in a similar situation myself (non domaining related) where I have been left with tens of thousands in damages, money I didn't have spare at the time. It's a shit situation to be in, pardon my french.

It takes it's toll. The uncertainty when you actually NEED this money to make a living, and I can only imagine how hard this would be when they scammed you out of your retirement funds!

Again, definitely not my intention to take away any hope. As for hope, I do hope and pray you wil be made whole and with Easter coming up, maybe they'll find it in their hart to give you what you're entitled to!

Bottom line: Don't lose hope! Never lose hope!

Spinning back to the facts. No, I don't know for certain but I do recognise a lot of red flags, signs I failed to pick up on in te past. Adding up numbers reported doesn't paint a nice picture.

Since you raised a valid point, do you know this for certain? I do feel the obligation to do some further digging and I will try whether I can find out more by asking some contacts closer to the company.

•••
Kathleen, let me be straight, but honest. First and foremost it is in no way my intention to squash the hope you have or any other victims who got caught up in this scam.

If my post added to your distress I sincerely apologise for this as I have been in a similar situation myself (non domaining related) where I have been left with tens of thousands in damages, money I didn't have spare at the time. It's a shit situation to be in, pardon my french.

It takes it's toll. The uncertainty when you actually NEED this money to make a living, and I can only imagine how hard this would be when they scammed you out of your retirement funds!

Again, definitely not my intention to take away any hope. As for hope, I do hope and pray you wil be made whole and with Easter coming up, maybe they'll find it in their hart to give you what you're entitled to!

Bottom line: Don't lose hope! Never lose hope!

Spinning back to the facts. No, I don't know for certain but I do recognise a lot of red flags, signs I failed to pick up on in te past. Adding up numbers reported doesn't paint a nice picture.

Since you raised a valid point, do you know this for certain? I do feel the obligation to do some further digging and I will try whether I can find out more by asking some contacts closer to the company.
Thank you, Branding. :)

•••
Thank you, Branding. :)

For what's it's worth Kathleen, I think your case is rather unique compared to others in this entire ordeal. It's well documented, you filed with the right authorities, you have an 'I owe you' signed by the CEO.

I'm not that well educated when it comes to the US legal system as I'm in the EU but your case has a lot of things going for you to make sure your will prevail!

•••
For what's it's worth Kathleen, I think your case is rather unique compared to others in this entire ordeal. It's well documented, you filed with the right authorities, you have an 'I owe you' signed by the CEO.

I'm not that well educated when it comes to the US legal system as I'm in the EU but your case has a lot of things going for you to make sure your will prevail!
Yeah, that is why I have been more focused on this claim than others.

The facts are well known and well documented.

It happened after Rob was replaced as CEO.

Both parties are in the US.

It involves interstate commerce and electronic communications.

https://www.justia.com/criminal/offenses/white-collar-crimes/wire-fraud/

Elements of Wire Fraud

• The defendant was part of a scheme to defraud another person, such as by obtaining money or something else of value through false pretenses;
  • The defendant acted knowingly or with intent to defraud;
  • The defendant made false representations that were material to the scheme to defraud; and
  • The defendant transmitted a material misrepresentation by wire, radio, or television communications in interstate or foreign commerce.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, that is why I have been more focused on this claim than others.

The facts are well known and well documented.

It happened after Rob was replaced as CEO.

Both parties are in the US.

It involves interstate commerce and electronic communications.

https://www.justia.com/criminal/offenses/white-collar-crimes/wire-fraud/

Elements of Wire Fraud

• The defendant was part of a scheme to defraud another person, such as by obtaining money or something else of value through false pretenses;
  • The defendant acted knowingly or with intent to defraud;
  • The defendant made false representations that were material to the scheme to defraud; and
  • The defendant transmitted a material misrepresentation by wire, radio, or television communications in interstate or foreign commerce.

Nailed it. Considering these fact, I would have expected them to have made her whole at the first chance they got as it's such a strong case.

This case brought a lot of negative attention to them which could have been avoided by simply paying her.

The issue with E would remain but it would be way more manageable from a PR perspective.

•••
Nailed it. Considering these fact, I would have expected them to have made her whole at the first chance they got as it's such a strong case.

This case brought a lot of negative attention to them which could have been avoided by simply paying her.

The issue with E would remain but it would be way more manageable from a PR perspective.
It is one of the most problematic claims for them, which we know about.

The wrongdoing still happened, even if they pay Kathleen back.
I am not sure simply paying Kathleen back will be the end of it for Epik.

Epik has been generating revenue selling off assets like large domain portfolios, [their forum], etc.
Those funds are going somewhere.

They don't seem to be being used to pay customers.

Are they going to fund operations or are they being funneled somewhere else?

It is possible Epik is intentionally winding down, selling off assets, leaving a worthless shell of a company to declare bankruptcy.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
•••

Yes. I guess it just proves how little money they have (none). The fact that they won't pay her, and are always running behind on renewals/registrations.

•••
Thanks for the comments Brad. Appreciate the thoughts as well as the sensitivity.
I am not a lawyer or an expert in bankruptcy, etc.

I see 3 possible options.
#1. You filed with the WA AG and if Epik wants to "try" to get them off their back, the easiest way to do that is pay your debt, so the complaint goes away. Monster apparently agreed to backstop that domain debt, so your case would likely be the first one where Epik can't pass the financial blame onto others. Remember unlike most people who are owed money, you also have a letter from them. As much as the other lawsuit is noteworthy, at the end of the day it is just a civil suit, NOT a criminal case. Since you are going through the WA AG, yours would be much more likely to be a criminal case and with WA state backing it, too.
#2. They go bankrupt, in which case you should receive some money back (whether it is a little or a lot, who knows.)
#3. IF it is proven that company & personal funds were mingled, the people involved can be held financially liable too (not just the business). Naturally, they probably will end up declaring personal bankruptcy, but you would be able to collect more of the debt that way too.

There are three wild cards in this:
#1. I don't know if being an "early bird" in going after them legally will help you get nearer the front of the line for bankruptcy claims
#2. I also don't know if, in bankruptcy court, those at the front of the line get paid in full and those at the back get nothing OR does everyone get back X percentage of their amount owed?
#3. Keep in mind, if Epik is taken over by ICANN, ICANN finds a registrar to BUY the domain part of the business, and after the ICANN fees are paid up, any leftover money goes to the registrar (Epik) (in this case that money would likely go toward paying off the debts in bankruptcy court, I would imagine.)

Long story short, I would be shocked if you got nothing out of it.
If being an early bird helps, you should receive a significant part of the money back, perhaps even all of it.
Regardless I think you will certainly be receiving some money back (and with there potentially being multiple financial sources to tap) the cumulative total could be more than expected, even if individually it isn't as much as one would hope.

Here's hoping / praying it works out MUCH better than expected for all those adversely affected.

Last edited:
•••
I just got an email from the Washington State AG. Epik Holdings, Inc and Masterbucks were contacted by the Attorney Generals office this afternoon, and notified of my complaint. They have 21 days to respond to the complaint. And they will get a reminder in 14 days if there is no response at that time.

Last edited:
•••
I just got an email from the Washington State AG. Epik Holdings, Inc and Masterbucks were contacted by the Attorney Generals office this afternoon, and notified of my complaint. They have 21 days to respond to the complaint. And they will get a reminder in 14 days if there is no response at that time.
That is great news.
Sounds like all your hard work is starting to pay off!!!
Will be praying it works out for the best.

Last edited:
•••
I am not a lawyer or an expert in bankruptcy, etc.

I see 3 possible options.
#1. You filed with the WA AG and if Epik wants to "try" to get them off their back, the easiest way to do that is pay your debt, so the complaint goes away. Remember unlike most people who are owed money, you have a letter from them. As much as the other lawsuit is noteworthy, esp the letter part too, at the end of the day it is just a civil suit, NOT a criminal case. Since you are going through the WA AG, yours would be much more likely to be a criminal case with WA state backing it, too.
#2. They go bankrupt, in which case you should receive some money back (whether it is a little or a lot, who knows.)
#3. IF it is proven that company & personal funds were mingled, the people involved can be held financially liable too (not just the business). Naturally, they probably will end up declaring personal bankruptcy, but you would be able to collect more of the debt that way too.

There are three wild cards in this:
#1. I don't know if being an "early bird" in going after them legally will help you get nearer the front of the line for bankruptcy claims
#2. I also don't know if, in bankruptcy court, those at the front of the line get paid in full and those at the back get nothing OR does everyone get back X percentage of their amount owed.
#3. REMEMBER if Epik is taken over by ICANN, ICANN finds a registrar to BUY the domain part of the business, and after the ICANN fees are paid up, any leftover money goes to the registrar (in this case that money would likely go toward paying off the debts in bankruptcy court, I would imagine.)

Long story short, I would be shocked if you got nothing out of it.
If being an early bird helps, you should receive a significant part of the money back, perhaps even all of it.
Regardless I think you will certainly be receiving some money back (and with there potentially being multiple financial sources to tap) the cumulative total could be more than expected, even if individually it isn't as much as one would hope.

Here's hoping / praying it works out MUCH better than expected for all those adversely affected.

That is great news.
Sounds like all your hard work is starting to pay off!!!
Will be praying it works out for the best.
Thank you GNP. :) It is a lot of hard work, and it is unfortunate because I feel like I had to work really hard to get this money--for something that was supposed to be a simple transaction. It has been like having a second job and there is no end in sight. It has been 4 months of non stop work, stress, seeing doctors, sleepless nights. I am getting ready to take further actions, as I am not counting on the AG to get the job done. I like what Matt Adkisson did, and someone called me late last night and told me I could get triple my money under a RICO lawsuit, and if its a jury trial, a jury could award me whatever they want, maybe even a million bucks for what they have put me through.

•••
They have 21 days to respond to the complaint. And they will get a reminder in 14 days if there is no response at that time.

Is that 21 total days (I assume) or 21 business days???
If the former, that would mean there should be an update on April 27th (day after the time period ends).

Last edited:
•••
Is that 21 total days (I assume) or 21 business days???
If the former, that would mean there should be an update on April 27th (day after the time period ends).
21 calendar days

•••
@Kathleen Kalaf, I think you have unwittingly created a new career for yourself -- that of a consumer advocate. You've studied and learned and been very tenacious, and I know this will pay off for you in one way or another. You're also helping the rest of us learn how to stand up and fight for our rights.

It sounds as if you're making some solid progress with the Washington AG.

Hang in there.

•••
Another day has passed and no renewals are being processed...and go figure, not even 'our tech is aware of the problem' crap as no one form 'support' is responding.

•••
Another day has passed and no renewals are being processed...and go figure, not even 'our tech is aware of the problem' crap as no one form 'support' is responding.
So how long has renewals not been processing? Can't read 240 pages.

•••
So how long has renewals not been processing?
They have been sluggish for weeks, but now seem to have stopped.

It is no secret they have been moving funds into the proper account to renew names as 'customers' initiated a registration and/or renewal. (if they had funds in the proper account, registrations would be nearly instant).

Now I have more than one name I consider to be premium in 'expired' status because prompt renewals are not being made.

•••
So how long has renewals not been processing? Can't read 240 pages.
It has been an issue for several months. They usually do process eventually, but it can take anywhere from hours up to around 10 days in one case from memory. But I think there were also some that didn't process at all and the customer had to contact support to eventually be refunded in Masterbucks, which can't be withdrawn. The only way to get value from MB is to convert to in-store credit at Epik and spend on renewals/registrations which may/may not work.

•••
.. the Attorney General might just go in and shut them down.
May not be a good thing depending on what this means. Epik has shut down itself already in some ways.
We want to be able to get our money or use our money, but also we want to be able to manage our domains.
Just arrest these people, sell their houses and cars by force, and make Epik work in good hands, by people who are familiar with Epik system. "punishing bad people", doesn't save good people.

•••
@Kathleen Kalaf, I think you have unwittingly created a new career for yourself -- that of a consumer advocate. You've studied and learned and been very tenacious, and I know this will pay off for you in one way or another. You're also helping the rest of us learn how to stand up and fight for our rights.

It sounds as if you're making some solid progress with the Washington AG.

Hang in there.
Thank you J Sokol. I hadn't thought of it that way.

•••
May not be a good thing depending on what this means. Epik has shut down itself already in some ways.
We want to be able to get our money or use our money, but also we want to be able to manage our domains.
Just arrest these people, sell their houses and cars by force, and make Epik work in good hands, by people who are familiar with Epik system. "punishing bad people", doesn't save good people.
I agree with you, Topdom. I had to take some action though with the AG. What I really want is for every victim to get paid--that is my wish for everyone. And yes, we want everyone to be able to manage their domains. I am sorry I said that--I just get so frustrated by the horrific situation but I want what is best for every customer here.

Last edited:
•••

All the resources have been redirected to drafting a BS response to the WA AG.

Last edited:
•••
•••
On Apr 6, 2023, Epik.com wrote:

>Epik returned to the lab and looked at what worked and didn’t work to serve our customers best.

Translation:

Epik came to the conclusion that offering Masterbucks works quite well to our advantage, and we decided to further develop this service.

Last edited:
•••
On Apr 6, 2023, Epik.com wrote:

>Epik returned to the lab and looked at what worked and didn’t work to serve our customers best.

Translation:

Epik came to the conclusion that offering Masterbucks works quite well to our advantage, and we decided to further develop this service.

Good point. That did work well for Epik, not so much for the customers that got scammed.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back