IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
February 1, 2023

OLYMPIA, Wash. — Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler issued fines in January totaling $11,000 against insurance companies, producers, brokers, and individuals who violated state insurance laws and regulations.

Unauthorized Insurers​

DNProtect, Epik Holdings Inc., Epik Inc., and Rob Monster, Bellevue, Wash.; fined $10,000 (order 22-0671).

Epik Inc., which registers internet domain names, solicited and advertised “domain name insurance” or “domain ownership coverage” — offered by DNProtect — without authorization to sell insurance in the state of Washington.

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/news/kreidler-issues-11000-fines-violations-january

Nothing happens when I click the "order" link. Maybe because I am outside the U.S.

Last edited:
•••
February 1, 2023

OLYMPIA, Wash. — Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler issued fines in January totaling $11,000 against insurance companies, producers, brokers, and individuals who violated state insurance laws and regulations.

Unauthorized Insurers​

DNProtect, Epik Holdings Inc., Epik Inc., and Rob Monster, Bellevue, Wash.; fined $10,000 (order 22-0671).

Epik Inc., which registers internet domain names, solicited and advertised “domain name insurance” or “domain ownership coverage” — offered by DNProtect — without authorization to sell insurance in the state of Washington.

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/news/kreidler-issues-11000-fines-violations-january

Nothing happens when I click the "order" link. Maybe because I am outside the U.S.
Thanks @Embrand. That looks promising.

@bhartzer Has the fine already been paid by you, Bill Hartzer?

Last edited:
•••
February 1, 2023

Unauthorized Insurers​

They got off cheap honestly.

They were initially fined $50K, and then Epik Holdings / Epik Inc / Rob Monster no-showed the status hearing.
DNProtect fully cooperated.

It is just another example of Epik not bothering with licensing and regulations, for instance with escrow.

Oh, and @robmonster signed the order as Chairman. So that just confirms he is still in that position.

NamePros also appeared in the order, as well as "Epik staff".

9. The complaint also included a copy of a discussion thread that took place in 2019 on the online web forum, Namepros.com (“Forum”). In the Forum, Monster and other participants, some identified as “Epik Staff”, discuss the “must have” features for DNProtect,the lack of available insurance, the need for underwriting the requirements of DNProtect, acquiring an existing insurance agency, and developing relationships with reinsurers for catastrophic loss.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Monster deliberately sought business and investment from people with extreme views, some of them violent. Now Monster is in a financial hole - I wouldn't assume all his troubles are straight legal ones. If he borrowed money from the wrong people behind the scenes he may be blackmailed, extorted, threatened or worse, despite hiding away and hiding behind Royce.

Though I'd rather see him in prison, it would not suprise me if Monster suddenly dies in a car crash or apparent suicide and the missing funds are never found.

Last edited:
•••
February 1, 2023

Unauthorized Insurers​

DNProtect, Epik Holdings Inc., Epik Inc., and Rob Monster, Bellevue, Wash.; fined $10,000 (Order 22-0671).

Here is the "Order" info:

Order 22-0671

Order Summary

Consent Order Rescinding Order to Cease and Desist No. 22-0240 and Levying a Fine of $10,000 for transacting insurance business in the state of Washington without authorization; violation of RCW 48.05.030(1), RCW 48.15.020(1), and RCW 48.17.060(1).

Entities Named in the Order
Entity Name Location
DNProtect (Unlicensed) Bellevue, WA

Order Documents
Order Type Issue Date Effective Date
Consent Order with Fine 01/19/2023 01/19/2023

•••
Here is the "Order" info:

Order 22-0671

Order Summary

Consent Order Rescinding Order to Cease and Desist No. 22-0240 and Levying a Fine of $10,000 for transacting insurance business in the state of Washington without authorization; violation of RCW 48.05.030(1), RCW 48.15.020(1), and RCW 48.17.060(1).

Entities Named in the Order
Entity Name Location
DNProtect (Unlicensed) Bellevue, WA

Order Documents
Order Type Issue Date Effective Date
Consent Order with Fine 01/19/2023 01/19/2023
Here is the full order if anyone wants to read it, in PDF format.

Brad

Attachments

• epik.pdf
    390.5 KB · Views: 36
•••
Monster deliberately sought business and investment from people with extreme views, some of them violent. Now Monster is in a financial hole - I wouldn't assume all his troubles are straight legal ones. If he borrowed money from the wrong people behind the scenes he may be blackmailed, extorted, threatened or worse, despite hiding away and hiding behind Royce.

Though I'd rather see him in prison, it would not suprise me if Monster suddenly dies in a car crash or apparent suicide and the missing funds are never found.

IF Monster did mix personal & business money and used it to "invest" in crypto (as some posts on this forum imply) then we already know where the missing funds are. They vanished into thin air during the crypto crash last year.

Last edited:
•••
IF Monster did mix personal & business money and used it to "invest" in crypto (as some posts on this forum imply) then we already know where the missing funds are. They vanished into thin air during the crypto crash last year.
Well, IF that is the case the liability would likely not end with just Epik.

Companies provide limited protection. They don't offer protection when it comes to corporate abuse.

Brad

•••
Here is the full order if anyone wants to read it, in PDF format.

Brad
Interesting that the Insurance Commissioner received the complaint in December 2020. I guess that means it could take years for investigators to look into Epik.

•••
Interesting that the Insurance Commissioner received the complaint in December 2020. I guess that means it could take years for investigators to look into Epik.
We know from leaked messages the Washington AG is looking into this.
It is highly likely ICANN has started looking into complaints.

The wheels of justice can be slow. The problem in this case is the longer this goes on, the more people are getting screwed over.

Brian has been CEO for (5) months now. Things are only getting worse.

Now this is on the radar of the FBI I don't think that is great news for Epik.

I expect the FBI to be highly interested in a case involving $100K, interstate commerce, and electronic payments.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, I know it is inappropriate, but this sentence just makes me think of Bigfoot. Doesn't he live around that area? 😂:

"Rob Monster (“Monster”) is the registered agent and sole governor of Epik and Epik Holdings. Monster is principally located in Sammamish, Washington with a Bellevue, Washington mailing address."

•••
Sorry, I know it is inappropriate, but this sentence just makes me think of Bigfoot. Doesn't he live around that area? 😂:

"Rob Monster (“Monster”) is the registered agent and sole governor of Epik and Epik Holdings. Monster is principally located in Sammamish, Washington with a Bellevue, Washington mailing address."
At this point it might be easier to spot bigfoot than Rob Monster. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Brian Royce signed as CEO of DNProtect?

Screenshot_20230202-092204.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Well, IF that is the case the liability would likely not end with just Epik.

Companies provide limited protection. They don't offer protection when it comes to corporate abuse.

Brad
Yes, the veil has already been pierced, assuming it is true, as a previous poster mentioned yesterday.

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 231394
Yeah, I am not sure how that worked out exactly.

Bill was named as the party for DNProtect.com. He appears to have fully cooperated at every stage.
I am not sure how at the end Brian Royce substituted himself in that role.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I am not sure how that worked out exactly.

Bill was named as the party for DNProtect.com. He appears to have fully cooperated at every stage.
I am not sure how at the end Brian Royce substituted himself in that role.
We probably now also know who is still tweeting on behalf of dnprotect.

•••

Show attachment 231394
@bhartzer should be commended for at least cooperating with the investigation.
As best I can tell he really had no interest in the "insurance" products to start with.

At the end of the day, whatever the partnership was Epik (Brian Royce) basically shut down his business.
Bill was the one doing the work, it was not Rob Monster and it certainly isn't Brian Royce.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
The DNProtect Twitter account is even linking to Bill Hartzer's website today.

What's this all about?

1675330061920.png

•••
Well that is interesting news indeed. Hopefully, he can get the domain back too.

Last edited:
•••
The history is simple, they moved my domains to Epik account domains without my authorization, they did internally, Mr Rob Monster 5 days ago sent me an email saying that Mr. Bryan sold a big portfolio of domains without authorization of the Board.
Rob hasn't even come out of hiding, and he's already throwing him under the bus!:ROFL:

This guy is something else

•••
Do we have 90,000 domainers that can each put in a dollar to a crowd fund for Kathleen?

If she eventually gets paid, the money can be used for legal fees for other 'victims'.

•••
There is no domain news story more important than the real-time implosion of Epik registrar for January 2023. If there is a more relevant story to domain investors than the possible fraud being run at Epik, prove it.
Interestingly the latest with Masterbucks etc does not seem to have made it into Epik.com's Wikipedia entry yet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epik

But the page history refers to edits made by Epik Holdings including this gem from from 28 Nov 2022:
"Please cease this libel against our company or we will hold you legally accountable".

•••
Interestingly the latest with Masterbucks etc does not seem to have made it into Epik.com's Wikipedia entry yet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epik

But the page history refers to edits made by Epik Holdings including this gem from from 28 Nov 2022:
"Please cease this libel against our company or we will hold you legally accountable".
I think it is important that this is updated. I am not sure how easy to edit a Wikipedia page like this is. I suppose we need a trusted editor to do this for the changes to be kept, so Epik can't just take it down.

•••
I think it is important that this is updated. I am not sure how easy to edit a Wikipedia page like this is. I suppose we need a trusted editor to do this for the changes to be kept, so Epik can't just take it down.

Molly could probably add it. Not sure if she'd appreciate the tag.

Not sure if now is the time anyway. Things are still unfolding and stuff has to be factually accurate when added.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back