IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For context about Aubrey Cottle, the guy admitted in a public video to be behind the Epik hack (I don't know if that was posted somewhere on the forum at that time):
twitter.com/canmericanized/status/1494035194759819266

(Mention of Epik is specifically at 0:43)

•••
They should not have circulated escrow money.

•••
Pros of NP,

EPIK was the cheapest option for many small -time domainers.

May be time has come to spread out your regs.

1.Which established registrar comes close?

2. Are you abandoning EPIK totally?

false. epik was never THE cheapest

•••
Sure. Woke Antifa agents from the deep state took the Masterbucks ledger from its secure facility at Mar a Lago, and gave it to globalists who copied it onto the hard drive of Hunter Biden's laptop. When Epik ultimately addresses this issue, make sure you have "George Soros" on your Qanon bingo card.
Everything you said is true...

567ab2b55ef70db461ada06752319fa67c8c800281b41eb6970f69a451970e90.jpg

•••

That streetview image of Epik's mailing address is dated October 2018. The UPS store operating in that location has reviews posted as recently as two months ago.

The explanation for why Epik has apparently frozen Masterbucks may also turn out to be fairly mundane, in which case they will make the usual comments about critics and ignore the fact that they have demonstrated they will take people's money, refuse to give it back, and also refuse to explain why, for as long as they like.

•••
no support on the phone ??

•••
The explanation for why Epik has apparently frozen Masterbucks may also turn out to be fairly mundane...
Maybe, but I doubt it. They are getting a lot of bad press and losing customers over this. The fact that nobody at Epik will even hint at what is happening or give some reassurance, is very concerning.

If it was mundane and any of you here were running that company, would you allow this much bad publicity to happen without some (any) response ?

Last edited:
•••
Curiously, there are only 2 complaints cited against Epik in the past three years by the Better Business Bureau in Seattle, Washington.
BBB Seattle, Washington

Last edited:
•••
Curiously, there are only 2 complaints cited against Epik in the past three years by the Better Business Bureau in Seattle, Washington.
BBB Seattle, Washington
The BBB is a waste of time. If the company you complain about is not a BBB member, they dont care. Likewise disputes often favor the BBB client.

•••
The BBB is a waste of time. If the company you complain about is not a BBB member, they dont care. Likewise disputes often favor the BBB client.
You're probaby right.
Reviewing the various BBB sites for domain registrars and marketplaces, the resolutions appear to be scant for non-accredited businesses. Epik is listed as non-accredited. But, for each marketplace, even an unresolved complaint filed does help provide some perspective on concerns raised by the customers.

These are the BBB listings I found for the various registrars/aftermarket places. Compared to some of the others, Epik seems to be doing better in the BBB arena. So, the current issues appear to be very disturbing, but their overall track record appears to be not so bad according to the complaints records there.

GoDaddy DynaDot NameSilo Sedo Sav NameCheap

Last edited:
•••
Epik began to fight criticism on Trustpilot. Messages "Epik.com flagged this review for containing harmful or illegal content" started showing up. Are thieves offended that they are called thieves?

Last edited:
•••
If Epik hands over the money, there is no contradiction in calling them thieves. It will simply be caught thieves who managed to take away the loot.

Last edited:
•••
Epik began to fight criticism on Trustpilot. Messages "Epik.com flagged this review for containing harmful or illegal content" started showing up. Are thieves offended that they are called thieves?
From Epik, the supposed free speech champions... :ROFL:

Negative reviews are harmful to our business. Yeah, no shit.
Do better.

Brad

•••
That streetview image of Epik's mailing address is dated October 2018. The UPS store operating in that location has reviews posted as recently as two months ago.

The explanation for why Epik has apparently frozen Masterbucks may also turn out to be fairly mundane, in which case they will make the usual comments about critics and ignore the fact that they have demonstrated they will take people's money, refuse to give it back, and also refuse to explain why, for as long as they like.
There should be a law that companies need to inform customers directly and officially in detail and a timely matter why their money is frozen for whatever reason.

•••
Please consider that the most effective reviews may be the ones that avoid the name calling, and simply state the facts. Then, the situation speaks for itself.
Yes, it's frustrating perhaps to have them criticize as well, but the nature of the review may be prompting this. For all we know, there may be some very real technical or regulatory issue right now involved, and their hands may truly be tied.

•••
Epik began to fight criticism on Trustpilot. Messages "Epik.com flagged this review for containing harmful or illegal content" started showing up.
Yet they still will not come forward and explain what is going on.

•••
Yet they still will not come forward and explain what is going on.
Well, the "maintenance" term, which they are using to explain the delays, seems not credible. At a minimum, I would think they could be a more realistic in their explanation.

Last edited:
•••
If Epik wrote that most of all we would go bankrupt, so register names with your money while it is possible, the domain zone .com would have to be closed, since there would be no available names left.

•••
People here asked why I kept so much money in Masterbucks. We have martial law in our country, banking operations are limited, Kharkiv is constantly bombed, and many banks have fled. Near the bank where I work, there were shooting battles with the Russians, and customer service had certain inconveniences.

•••
https://domainnamewire.com/2020/10/...oidance-at-center-of-epik-paypal-controversy/

Monster pitched it as a 1031 exchange.

A 1031 exchange is a common tax move in the U.S. for real estate investors. It works like this: a real estate investor sells a property and has a capital gain. Rather than paying taxes on the capital gain, they can essentially roll that gain into the purchase of another property.

While the concept was previously used for things other than real estate, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed in 2017 changed the law to say that 1031 exchanges could only be applied to real estate.

Monster pitched the 1031 exchange value of domain names after this change.

Applying 1031 exchange law to domain names could be a big tax advantage.

Epik customers in the U.S. who used Masterbucks to avoid paying taxes could be in trouble. In October 2018, Monster wrote on Domain Name Wire, “We have folks buying and selling daily, tax-free as 1031 transactions.”

This was also discussed here on NP, with Monster again claiming it could avoid tax for users: https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...-wasting-time-and-money.1119508/#post-7079286

One implication of that could be investigation of individual Masterbucks users by tax authorities for potential tax evasion. Another risk.

In the UK you do have to state when filing taxes whether you used any tax avoidance schemes. Say yes, they can check them. Say no and you can get in serious trouble for not revealing one. Tax authorities could probably force disclosure from Epik, but they don't need to after the Epik hack. Epik as far as I know don't claim to have fixed their vulnerabilities - have they published info about a third party security audit or any improvements? So another hack, or ongoing unauthorised access, probably should be assumed.

Last edited:
•••

These are Russians hundreds of meters from my bank.

•••
People here asked why I kept so much money in Masterbucks. We have martial law in our country, banking operations are limited, Kharkiv is constantly bombed, and many banks have fled. Near the bank where I work, there were shooting battles with the Russians, and customer service had certain inconveniences.

[MEDA]

ever heard of crypto? not the volatile scam called bitcoin or other coins.. but the 10 or so usd pegged stable coins u can pick from. to pick epik Masterbucks over stable coin is pathetic.

•••

I would expect from a good Christian like Rob Monster who helps orphans etc. would help you too get your money back fast, especially in your current situation.

Last edited:
•••
ever heard of crypto? not the volatile scam called bitcoin or other coins.. but the 10 or so usd pegged stable coins u can pick from. to pick epik Masterbucks over stable coin is pathetic.
I never got the hang of crypto. Probably because of my age, I'm too conservative and heavy on my feet. I sold crypto-related names, for example, this year, ledger.ai for $33,333, this money just got stuck in Masterbucks.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back