IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

https://domainnamewire.com/2020/10/...oidance-at-center-of-epik-paypal-controversy/

Monster pitched it as a 1031 exchange.

A 1031 exchange is a common tax move in the U.S. for real estate investors. It works like this: a real estate investor sells a property and has a capital gain. Rather than paying taxes on the capital gain, they can essentially roll that gain into the purchase of another property.

While the concept was previously used for things other than real estate, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed in 2017 changed the law to say that 1031 exchanges could only be applied to real estate.

Monster pitched the 1031 exchange value of domain names after this change.

Applying 1031 exchange law to domain names could be a big tax advantage.

Epik customers in the U.S. who used Masterbucks to avoid paying taxes could be in trouble. In October 2018, Monster wrote on Domain Name Wire, “We have folks buying and selling daily, tax-free as 1031 transactions.”

Last edited:
•••
You're right. The radio silence is clearly intentional at this point and that in itself sets alarm bells ringing. It can't be good or they'd give more detail.
It wouldnt surprise me if they had a bank account seized or frozen.

Unless Epik/Monster/etc come forward and explain what is going on, I am feeling they cant get to their funds because of seizure or freeze. If thats the case, you wont see money for a long time.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure I'm stating the obvious but just incase it might be a good idea for anyone selling there to remove your BIN listings or at least change them to Make Offer untill this is sorted as I bet you can still buy names there and you don't want to risk the loss.

•••
•••
It looks like they could be doing some restructuring. Just 13 days ago they opened a new Masterbucks LLC:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_wa/604970941
Company Number
Status
Active
Incorporation Date
15 September 2022 (13 days ago)
Company Type
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Jurisdiction
Washington (US)
Branch
Branch of Wyoming (US) company
----------------------------------------------------------

Masterbuck withdrawals have been a problem for much longer than this LLC forming date.

Lets see if they split off assets and legal responsibility to this new formed company. I mean, at this point if you try to sue Epik for your money, do you have to sue Masterbucks LLC which may have no cash assets ?

I'm on the edge of my seat (I have no money tied up with them, so no worries here).

•••
Company Number
Status
Active
Incorporation Date
15 September 2022 (13 days ago)
Company Type
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Jurisdiction
Washington (US)
Branch
Branch of Wyoming (US) company
----------------------------------------------------------

Masterbuck withdrawals have been a problem for much longer than this LLC forming date.

Lets see if they split off assets and legal responsibility to this new formed company. I mean, at this point if you try to sue Epik for your money, do you have to sue Masterbucks LLC which may have no cash assets ?

I'm on the edge of my seat (I have no money tied up with them, so no worries here).
Exactly my first thought!

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Thanks. I guess there could be many reasons for registering these new companies?
I think there might only be one.

Oprah Winfrey Smirk GIF

You know, the more they evade the issue, the more we are going to speculate. If thats what they want, it will only hurt their business more.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I guess there could be many reasons for registering these new companies?

Certainly.

Epik has a habit of getting into regulated businesses and then complaining about the regulations. In a previous discussion of Masterbucks, their hatchet man suggested that Epik Masterbucks worked essentially like store gift cards, and they made a mock-up of a store gift card display, as if that was something they were actually rolling out.

As I mentioned back at the time:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-your-epik-experience.1146613/page-81#post-8006758

There is an exception to many money-transmitter license regulations involving stored-value cards which can be used as store credit only (i.e. gift cards).

However, as the Epik crew is going to discover later in their adventure, there is a huge difference between a store "gift card" which has a stored value that can be spent on goods at the store, and a medium of exchange - in which CUSTOMERS of the store may transfer balances to one another. That's where the problem arises. Trying to camoflauge a medium of exchange among multiple parties as a store gift card is not going to work out well in the long run.

If I had to guess, the "long run" may have arrived. Epik stopped Masterbucks payouts, formed a WY LLC, and then registered that WY LLC in the State of Washington in what looks like, if I had to guess, an attempt to avoid yet another state regulator.

There's a history of this sort of thing. When various state regulators inquired about Epik's unlicensed escrow services, it was dealt with like this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.30.16 PM.png

It's not available in those states, because those states apparently inquired about Epik's lack of a license to provide that service.

Likewise, when Rob was thinking about some sort of domain insurance, he posted about acquiring a licensed insurance entity here on Namepros:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...for-dnprotect-com.1156889/page-3#post-7454960

As for insurance expertise, part of the logic for seeking to acquire an existing insurance agency in property and casualty is to be able to fast-track the learning curve, and compliance.

He ended up not doing that, and so...

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.31.33 PM.png

Because, again, Washington is probably the only state whose regulator inquired.

Are things like financial and insurance regulation a barrier to entry? Yep. Are they often outdated? Yep. Do they protect entrenched interests over innovative service providers? Yep, yep and yep.

All of those things are true about regulation. The truth of those things does not make the regulations go away. The thing that those regulations are intended to imperfectly accomplish is to provide at least some protections against customers showing up at their bank one day to find the money missing and the building turned into a Taco Bell. And here we are.

But, getting back to "Masterbucks as an in-store stored-value gift card..." That sort of thing is going to work fine relative to money transmission regulations, so long as you have people storing value on their cards and buying things from that vendor. But where you then start using it as a medium for transferring money among buyers and sellers, it is no longer operating as a stored-value gift card, but it is operating as a medium of exchange - i.e. as a money transmission vehicle. Becoming among the providers of choice in situations where, for example, people found the KYC requirements at escrow.com to be too onerous, is also not a funnel that is going to lead to a good place.

That's just one guess, among many possibilities. No doubt, at some point, someone will jump in to pick at some minor detail in that hypothesis and go on some sort of personal rant directed at me. Whatever. But this is not the first time that there's been trouble on the good ship Masterbucks, nor is it surprising that the Masterbucks operation would suddenly halt while some interstate game of corporate musical chairs was being conducted. Maybe they will be able to say, "We stopped doing this in Washington and now it is being done in Wyoming" where the fintech regulators are less energetic. That may kick the can down the road until the next unsurprising episode of "we don't like banking and insurance regulations" comes around.

•••

It is not quite that easy. You can't just create a new LLC and poof all your liabilities disappear.

Masterbucks is clearly operating under the banner of Epik. If fraud or malfeasance is involved you don't enjoy the same legal protection when it comes to a LLC or corporation.

Also, individual officers of a company can be held liable in that situation.

With these filings it is quite possible that Epik is trying to bring their operations in line with regulations.
It seems like they have a habit of playing fast and loose with regulations and licensing in the past, as John pointed out above.

However, it is also possible something else is going on. The more time it takes Epik to respond, the easier it becomes to lean that direction.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
However, it is also possible something else is going on.

Sure. Woke Antifa agents from the deep state took the Masterbucks ledger from its secure facility at Mar a Lago, and gave it to globalists who copied it onto the hard drive of Hunter Biden's laptop. When Epik ultimately addresses this issue, make sure you have "George Soros" on your Qanon bingo card.

•••
Sure. Woke Antifa agents from the deep state took the Masterbucks ledger from its secure facility at Mar a Lago, and gave it to globalists who copied it onto the hard drive of Hunter Biden's laptop. When Epik ultimately addresses this issue, make sure you have "George Soros" on your Qanon bingo card.
Surely, it has something to do with Hunter Biden's laptop.

Brad

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Doesn't Bill Hartzer run DNProtect.com?

Isn't it kind of odd to leave a review for your own product?
It's as transparent as can be. Four reviews in total, all posted on the same day. Thankfully all 5 stars.

•••
And indeed, @bhartzer used to have an Epik.com staff badge, but recently swithced tags to DNProtect Staff.

•••
@Bob Hawkes It seems they (Epik) used your name in the DNProtect review (see above).

•••
All those reviews are fake. Should be fun reporting them.

•••
Meanwhile I'm experiencing a delay transferring a domain into Epik. Been over 5 days. I know... in my defense, aftermarket purchase so I had to.

Might be unrelated, could be bad luck. Never experienced a transfer taking over 5 days ever. If it can't be expedited it usually takes 5 days to the minute.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back