Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I noticed my expiring Epik domains aren't going to NameLiquidate anymore.

Anyone else notice this?

I could imagine it's more profitable for them to send the domains to an external auction venue. More eyes on the prize, more competition. Profit.

Especially when you're trying to reach end users/higher sales with expired domains. A lot of their (old) target audience has become a bit reluctant using them for the obvious reasons.

End users... Not sure they've even ever heard of NL or would end up there looking for a domain.

Just guessing of course. BR is doing whatever he can to bring in more funds and I would start by stopping to undersell expired domains at rock bottom (not all) prices.

Also (bit of a conspiracy theory, I admit :) ) if it's not on NL people can't use their mastersucks and indirectly convert it to cash/assets = draining E funds.

Only downside, harder to lock people in at E.

Good catch.

•••
I am sure you have seen the many threads here trashing Epik , coordinated efforts ?
Really ? You think people are attacking Rob/Epik as some sort of conspiracy and not because that Rob/Epik is screwing countless people ?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Rob ran the business better? Is it not his actions that lead to this debacle to start with?

I mean don't get me wrong, Brian seems to be running the business into the ground, but the actual foundation seemed like the issue to start with. The commingled escrow funds, the hack, among other things.

These financial issues are simply not possible with properly licensed escrow companies, using industry standard practices.

If the escrow funds were held separately, and there was not some internal token being used, no one would be waiting on payment.

Even if an escrow company goes bankrupt, the escrow funds should be protected.
Those funds are not the companies to do with as they please.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Rob ran the business better? Is it not his actions that lead to this debacle to start with?

I mean don't get me wrong, Brian seems to be running the business into the ground, but the actual foundation seemed like the issue to start with. The commingled escrow funds, the hack, among other things.

These financial issues are simply not possible with properly licensed escrow companies, using industry standard practices.

If the escrow funds were held separately, and there was not some internal token being used, no one would be waiting on payment.

Even if an escrow company goes bankrupt, the escrow funds should be protected.
Those funds are not the companies to do with as they please.

Brad
Sorry, maybe this was mentioned somewhere in the 143 pages of this post. Is there any FTC response/action to what has been going on/occurring?

•••

Brad

Rob > Brian ... can certainly be debated. Rob spent a lot of time curating a relationship with domainers, hearing Brian say domainers aren't a core part of epik likely frustrared Rob given the countless hours he spent developing domainer relations. Nonetheless, I don't think Rob > Brian that should be the focus point of that tweet.

The important part of the tweet seems to be "Manual renewals are not working. I had to transfer out a domain today that I renewed 2 weeks ago but remains expired" as that might warrant ICANN action.

Brian allegedly saying Rob ran epik into bankruptcy, yet epik not officially filing for bankruptcy might be a moot point if epik is unable to pay registries and in turn epik loses their ICANN accreditation.

Last edited:
•••
Brian allegedly saying Rob ran epik into bankruptcy, yet epik not officially filing for bankruptcy might be a moot point if epik is unable to pay registries and they lose their ICANN accreditation.
It must be a super secret bankruptcy. The type where you don't file anything, keep doing business, but just don't pay your bills.

I mean would I be surprised if they didn't file the proper paperwork? Not really.
They didn't seem to in the insurance field, in the escrow field, and who knows what else.

Brad

•••
The important part of the tweet seems to be "Manual renewals are not working. I had to transfer out a domain today that I renewed 2 weeks ago but remains expired" as that might warrant ICANN action.
I agree. People should certainly file ICANN complaints in that type of situation.

If you can't trust your registrar to renew a domain, that is a MAJOR issue that could lead to domain loss and further monetary loss.

I understand if it is a financial burden to move domains out or you have funds you need to use, but outside that it boggles my mind that anyone sees the value proposition in using Epik at this point.

Too many issues. Too many unknowns.
That is not a good thing when it comes to business.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
when someone searches for a name I own through the Afternic Reseller Network, the name is shown at my list price.
A number do sell at list price, but Epik is far from alone in listing at a different price. I checked prices for four test domains, and later a number of others, for this article on FT networks. And BTW Epik is in Sedo MLS but no longer Afternic FT, so your name must have found way there through a Sedo listing.

Article 'A Deeper Look At Domain Name Fast Transfer Sales Networks'
https://www.namepros.com/blog/a-deeper-look-at-domain-name-fast-transfer-sales-networks.1288722/

Last edited:
•••
He contact
Really ? You think people are attacking Rob/Epik as some sort of conspiracy and not because that Rob/Epik is screwing countless people ?
You’re making assumptions, did I ever say what you said?

All of this trashing Epik and Rob Monster started WAAYYY before this thread , WAAYYY before the Hack took place on Epic . it’s all here for people to read or people can look up archives of the threads .
The threads speak for themselves IMO .

None of this is even remotely new , it’s been going on for years now .

I don’t know exactly what people are looking for as the end result of it all , but I have a very good idea what’s up with it all.

•••
I agree. People should certainly file ICANN complaints in that type of situation.

If you can't trust your registrar to renew a domain, that is a MAJOR issue that could lead to domain loss and further monetary loss.

I understand if it is a financial burden to move domains out or you have funds you need to use, but outside that it boggles my mind that anyone sees the value proposition in using Epik at this point.

Too many issues. Too many unknowns.
That is not a good thing when it comes to business.

Brad

Court documents can be sealed or sequestered , especially when ongoing investigations pertaining persons or property are taking place . I doubt anyone will find out these unknowns you speak of until everything is completed , there is no way that public transparency will happen until everything is completed .

•••
So, do you think Epik the registrar is likely to survive?

I think the business model itself will , it took years to build , no telling how much money . I guess it could rebrand and ect , add some , take away some and so forth

•••
Rob > Brian ... can certainly be debated.

At least BR is openly honest about this stuff. Rob has been (knowingly) misguiding people from the get go.

Don't get me wrong, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. E was making me good money. The signs were always there, I called him out on multiple occasion. Usually he/they tried to burry the truth in a wall of text/conspiracy theory.

Everything they claim(ed) to be is nonsense. It's so far fetched from the truth it's insane. Yet, they were making me money.... I look back and regret ever working with them just for peace of mind and my soul.

Good example given this mastersucks saga which is unfolding: NL. It was never designed for domainers. It was designed to get free funding and tie customers/domainers to E (hold hostage).

Call them out and I'm sure you've see the real Monster hidden within.

NL/E is still taking advantage of unsuspecting users. Ripping them off, locking them in at the E ecosystem.

Point being, sorry about the rant, Brian talks like a dick and acts like a dick upfront, but R talked like an angel heavensent but acts like the Morningstar.

The important part of the tweet seems to be [COLOR=hsl(1, 59%, 47%)]"Manual renewals are not working. I had to transfer out a domain today that I renewed 2 weeks ago but remains expired"[/COLOR] as that might warrant ICANN action.

I have no doubt the registrar will go under sooner or later, unless some Investor with good funding will step in.

There's a lot to say about ICANN but when it comes to some of the issues at hand they don't treat it lightly.

•••
I've been doing a lot of traveling lately so I'm not sure if anyone posted about this or not. But in trying to get an answer for a question, I sent an email to Rob and got an auto responder as seen below.

"I am no longer with Epik as of Sept 2, 2022 and unfortunately, I can no longer answer your email. Please direct all future inquiries to Brian Royce at [email protected]. He will be happy to assist you.

If you need immediate assistance please contact [email protected]. "

•••
And they're still not renewing expired domains and messing with the data (NL):

96impala in king.

How is that not expired, unrenewed yet 2 years old ('21 reg).

Visit the domain and look at who's flogging the domain? That's E, trying to steal your leads/money.

Using E is costing you money! Did you know they charge your listing/liquidation price + $35 for renewal on NL even if the domain isn't to expire for another 90 days?

Crazy.

•••
•••
There's a lot to say about ICANN but when it comes to some of the issues at hand they don't treat it lightly.
The problem with ICANN is that it takes a while for the whole process of notification of breach/cure or termination to step through each stage.

https://www.icann.org/compliance/notices

The number of renewal problems might be an issue but the first step always seems to be if there has been a breach of the registrar's contract with ICANN. According to the latest ICANN registrar list, Rob Monster is still the public contact and his e-mail is stated as the public contact e-mail.

https://www.icann.org/en/accredited...r=e&page=2&sort-param=name&sort-direction=asc

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
I've been doing a lot of traveling lately so I'm not sure if anyone posted about this or not. But in trying to get an answer for a question, I sent an email to Rob and got an auto responder as seen below.

"I am no longer with Epik as of Sept 2, 2022 and unfortunately, I can no longer answer your email. Please direct all future inquiries to Brian Royce at [email protected]. He will be happy to assist you.

If you need immediate assistance please contact [email protected]. "
I am not sure he is "no longer with Epik". It sounds like they basically just took away access to his email.

Considering as of last report Rob is still the Chairman, and he is still the only listed governor for both Epik Holdings Inc. and Epik Inc. in their Washington state business registrations.

Epik Holdings Inc. registration is set to expire tomorrow.
Expiration Date: 12/31/2022

They either file by then, or will get a delinquent notice.

It will be interesting to see what is filed (if anything) as they are required to disclose any changes to the governor(s) as well as changes in the controlling interest of the company.

Brad

•••
And they're still not renewing expired domains and messing with the data (NL):

96impala in king.

How is that not expired, unrenewed yet 2 years old ('21 reg).
These are the WHOIS dates:
Updated Date: 2022-12-17T09:23:29Z
Creation Date: 2021-12-15T08:18:12Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2022-12-15T00:00:00Z

Think that it is still 2022 though. :)

Regards...jmcc

•••
I put in a transfer out request on 25 Th Dec. Still showing " Status is pending Transfer". It takes 5 days now?

Last edited:
•••
I put in a transfer out request on 25 Th Dec. Still showing " Status is pending Transfer". It takes 5 days now?

OK.

It shows out of EPIK now. But not yet in new registrar.:oops: Their status is processing!

Last edited:
•••
I have no idea about this, but as a new such case to me and to some other folks.. can ICANN claw monies back for domain holders, from a registrar?

•••
I checked current ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement and so far could not find any obligation to immediately renew domains on registry level. In particular, the following seems to be applicable:

3.2.1 As part of its registration of Registered Names in a gTLD, Registrar shall submit to, or shall place in the Registry Database operated by, the Registry Operator for the gTLD the following data elements:

3.2.1.1 The name of the Registered Name being registered;

3.2.1.2 The IP addresses of the primary nameserver and secondary nameserver(s) for the Registered Name;

3.2.1.3 The corresponding names of those nameservers;

3.2.1.4 Unless automatically generated by the registry system, the identity of the Registrar;

3.2.1.5 Unless automatically generated by the registry system, the expiration date of the registration; and

3.2.1.6 Any other data the Registry Operator requires be submitted to it.

3.2.2 Within seven (7) days after receiving any updates from the Registered Name Holder to the data elements listed in Subsections 3.2.1.2, 3.1.2.3, and 3.2.1.6 for any Registered Name that Registrar sponsors, Registrar shall submit the updated data elements to, or shall place those elements in the Registry Database operated by, the relevant Registry Operator.

So, basically, it appears that Epik is required to submit only DNS changes within 7 days. There is no requirement as to submission speed of the (new) expiation date - which is 3.2.1.5... If so, if Epik renewed the domain internally (charged the customer), then ICANN would be happy (assuming that Epik will someday submit this change to the registry).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back