IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Is there any sizable refference to this issue on social media or is it just this forum (I don't use social media)? I mean if they don't activley frequent this forum any more there's no way they can be playing at ignorance is bliss right? There must be numerous people making a noise elsewhere.
There are references to this problem at Epik's Twitter and Trustpilot accounts

•••
Is there any sizable refference to this issue on social media or is it just this forum (I don't use social media)? I mean if they don't activley frequent this forum any more there's no way they can be playing at ignorance is bliss right? There must be numerous people making a noise elsewhere.

There have been multiple reports on Twitter. Multiple people have contacted Epik support about the issue.
It has been mentioned on review sites.

If there is any ignorance about the issue, it is willful ignorance at this point.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
There have been multiple reports on Twitter. Multiple people have contacted Epik support about the issue.
It has been mentioned on review sites.

If there is any ignorance about the issue, it is willful ignorance at this point.

Brad
I tagged Epik, Rob, and Tony twice on twitter but they never responded till date. I called them out on trustpilot and they responded with their usual auto generated response.

So far, I have created a thread on Nairaland, Blackhatworld, and namepros because of this issue.

I contacted Rob last week and he promised to look into it, but nothing has been done and he no longer respond to my messages. This guys know what they are doing.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting. Epik has just replied to the latest complaint at Trustpilot:

"Hello (name removed by me), all customers who have reached out to Epik have been acknowledged and assisted. Just like many companies, things go under maintenance. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please reach out to our Customer Support team, we would be happy to chat with you."

They also replied to a few of the other reviews with something quite similar.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/epik.com

Last edited:
•••

"Hello (name removed by me), all customers who have reached out to Epik have been acknowledged and assisted. Just like many companies, things go under maintenance. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please reach out to our Customer Support team, we would be happy to chat with you."

That was the same response they gave me. Contacted them on support and they started singing the same rhyme

•••

That was the same response they gave me. Contacted them on support and they started singing the same rhyme

1664284394546.png

Having a system down for weeks or longer, where you can not withdraw your funds deserves more than a canned response.

This issue really demands a public statement about what is actually going on and when it will be resolved; a statement by someone of authority.

These type of responses are worthless.

Also, I am still waiting for someone to point me to a Masterbucks TOS. It doesn't appear to publicly exist.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
They also write this in another reply:

"Like most companies, Customer Support does not oversee money and payouts, however, they are doing the best they can to assist the customers and are happy to chat with you further regarding your concern(s) and share with the appropriate."

So what are customers supposed to do?

Last edited:
•••
They also write this in another reply:

"Like most companies, Customer Support does not oversee money and payouts, however, they are doing the best they can to assist the customers and are happy to chat with you further regarding your concern(s) and share with the appropriate."

Of course customer support can oversee payments.

I had an issue with a payout before with Dan.com. I contacted custom support and they immediately fixed it.

The same is true with basically every other company. You contact customer support to resolve issues like that.

That answer is such a copout. It is just giving people the runaround.

This issue also involves an internal token, that they have chosen to use. That is well outside the norms of other companies, especially in the domain field.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 223913

Having a system down for weeks or longer, where you can not withdraw your funds deserves more than a canned response.

This issue really demands a public statement about what is actually going on and when it will be resolved; a statement by someone of authority.

These type of responses are worthless.

Also, I am still waiting for someone to point me to a Masterbucks TOS. It doesn't appear to publicly exist.

Brad
You're right. The radio silence is clearly intentional at this point and that in itself sets alarm bells ringing. It can't be good or they'd give more detail.

I've moved about 80% of my (small) portfolio away since the hack last year. These issues seem to be one after another lately. A death by a thousand cuts it seems.

•••
You're right. The radio silence is clearly intentional at this point and that in itself sets alarm bells ringing. It can't be good or they'd give more detail.

When Epik removed the domain from my account without authorization, notification, or explanation it was a similar situation. This was a domain I paid $900 for on NameLiquidate.com.

I basically got two responses out of Rob in the thread I started. One where it was largely self-promotional and the other that accused me of "defamatory" statements. Neither one adequately explained the situation, or took responsibility for their own incompetence.

They also were not really straightforward about last years hack, in what happened or what security changes were made.

It seems like their M.O. now is to just ignore things that are inconvenient for them.

Does that qualify as "legendary" support?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It looks like it's pointless to continue talking with Epic's employees any further. We need to take legal action, file complaints with the organizations that were previously described here.

•••
When Epik removed the domain from my account without authorization, notification, or explanation it was a similar situation. This was a domain I paid $900 for on NameLiquidate.com.

I basically got two responses out of Rob in the thread I started. One where it was largely self-promotional and the other that accused me of "defamatory" statements. Neither one adequately explained the situation, or took responsibility for their own incompetence.

They also were not really straightforward about last years hack, in what happened or what security changes were made.

It seems like their M.O. now is to just ignore things that are inconvenient for them.

Does that qualify as "legendary" support?

Brad
Maybe something can be legendarily bad lol.

There's been a lot to feel uneasy about with Epik. I'm sure there were good intentions to start with but it seems it eventually became a mere vessel for self promotion. I don't know much about Rob but I do know having someone so dividing and contovertial at the helm of a company is never really benefitial.

I'd like to think the bare minimum you can ask of any service provider, be it a domain registrar or your plumber, is that they're honest and reliable but the harsh reality is nobody gives a f*ck about you but you.

It really is the wild west out there.

•••
Just a reminder that the latest news on this topic can be read at the link epik.money . Perhaps this domain name will soon become more popular than the name epik.com .

•••
Do keep in mind, that Epik customers are complaining of not being able to withdraw their sales earnings. At least they have had sales.
:-P

They don't get any money, don't have their domain anymore, but at least they had the little psychological positive effect of having had a "sale" :ROFL: (hopefully, they will get their money in the end (y))

I'm aware of two staff who were recently let go. Have they been bleeding other employees?
Is that another tick in the "potential financial troubles" checklist? :/

You could try tracing the wallet addresses you funds came from / went to
Good practice is to not reuse the same address (if they apply it, of course). And Epik is also using Coinbase for a portion of their crypto handling.
This isn't doable.

Isn't this service more or less mandatory to use for some Epik services?
If I'm not mistaken, any sale on their marketplace or nameliquidate automatically results in the credit of MasterBucks to your account. Without the possibility of doing otherwise. Indeed.
PS: Oh yes, I missed the "latest" trick you mentioned. I didn't know you could do that, but I just tested, and it does work!

Contacted them on support and they started singing the same rhyme
I hate it too when it's just a waste of time, and it only tends to irritate you even more.

•••
There have been other options mentioned in this thread.

I will include the following, for informational purposes. People can choose how they want to proceed on an individual basis.

Washington State Department of Financial Institutions deals with "virtual currency".

More information is here - https://dfi.wa.gov/consumers/money-services-complaint

Brad

•••
Look, your frustration is understandable, but maybe this posting is a bit too much with the profanity.

Do keep in mind, that Epik customers are complaining of not being able to withdraw their sales earnings. At least they have had sales.

There are comments on NamePros about the lack of sales on other marketplaces. The payment systems may be fine on those, but having actual sales matters too.

Other than these recent challenges, has Epik been performing as well or better otherwise compared to their competitors? If so, all the more reason to consider being less derogatory. At least they do seem to be able to generate income for many of their customers.

there are many ways for buyers to find yer domain.. people finding it directly on epik marketplace is the least likely of em. just like dan marketplace which is utterly useless for direct sales. this means 99percent of those funds from sales u refer to came from things like epik lander... which in turn means any other lander would have created sale too...or just funds from epik escrow sale...so no those funds or sales would have happened without epik too.

•••
Chat started
Me: Hi, can I please have my masterbucks withdrawal request cancelled, so that I can use the funds directly to pay on your website? Thank you.
xxx joined the chat
Epik: Hi xxx, thanks for reaching out to Epik. Happy to assist here.
Me: Hi xx
Epik: Masterbucks is currently undergoing system maintenance and unfortunately, this affects requests for withdrawals and refunds, while we can't provide a timeframe yet, rest assured that all requests are already in queue and will be addressed and processed as soon as it is available again.
Me: I just would like the withdrawal request cancelled, that's all.
"rest assured that all requests are already in queue and will be addressed and processed as soon as it is available again.": I have already been assured by the support chat my withdrawal would be processed in a 48hours time frame at the very beginning ....
Epik: We apologize again for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter, I do see that you have already sent in a request to cancel this withdrawal, I'll go ahead and send a follow up request to our accounting team, kindly wait for an email update from us regarding this matter.
Me: So, this can't be done right now and I have to wait with my funds locked in the meantime?
Epik: Yes, your withdrawal is still in the queue, as soon as Masterbucks is available again, our accounting team will work on getting all pending withdrawals processed as soon as possible.
Me: Is it possible to CANCEL my withdrawal request? Cancel it now. Or not?
Why are the funds deducted anyway if the withdrawal is not taking place? Doesn't make much sense.
Epik: I'll send a follow-up to our accounting team regarding your withdrawal, and may I also have your account Pin#?
Me: OK, thanks. xxxx for the pin
Epik: Thank you xxx, and for documentation, can you fill out the form below as well?
Withdrawal Date:
Withdrawal Amount:
Withdrawal Type (ACH, Wire-Transfer, Crypto, etc.):
Me: Are you kidding me? You want ME to give you these information? Like you don't have them? How do you want me to remember the exact date? By looking on Masterbucks website maybe? Come on now.
Epik: Hey xxx, no worries, you can skip that part.
Kindly wait for our email update regarding your withdrawal cancellation request.
Is there anything else I can assist you with in the meantime?
Me: No, that was all, thank you. Have a nice day.

•••
Chat started
Me: Hi, can I please have my masterbucks withdrawal request cancelled, so that I can use the funds directly to pay on your website? Thank you.
xxx joined the chat
Epik: Masterbucks is currently undergoing system maintenance and unfortunately, this affects requests for withdrawals and refunds, while we can't provide a timeframe yet, rest assured that all requests are already in queue and will be addressed and processed as soon as it is available again.
"rest assured that all requests are already in queue and will be addressed and processed as soon as it is available again.": I have already been assured by the support chat my withdrawal would be processed in a 48hours time frame at the very beginning ....
Epik: We apologize again for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter, I do see that you have already sent in a request to cancel this withdrawal, I'll go ahead and send a follow up request to our accounting team, kindly wait for an email update from us regarding this matter.
Me: So, this can't be done right now and I have to wait with my funds locked in the meantime?
Epik: Yes, your withdrawal is still in the queue, as soon as Masterbucks is available again, our accounting team will work on getting all pending withdrawals processed as soon as possible.
Why are the funds deducted anyway if the withdrawal is not taking place? Doesn't make much sense.
Epik: I'll send a follow-up to our accounting team regarding your withdrawal, and may I also have your account Pin#?
Epik: Thank you xxx, and for documentation, can you fill out the form below as well?
Withdrawal Date:
Withdrawal Amount:
Me: Are you kidding me? You want ME to give you these information? Like you don't have them? How do you want me to remember the exact date? By looking on Masterbucks website maybe? Come on now.
Kindly wait for our email update regarding your withdrawal cancellation request.
So basically your withdrawal request is stuck and you can't even use the currency internally now?
What a joke.

Brad

•••
•••
Chat started
xxx joined the chat
Withdrawal Date:
Withdrawal Amount:
Everything points to a criminal intent. Your money is in limbo now. It's not even in your Masterbucks account. Yet they're not releasing it.

In summary, the money disappeared.

Look at the CS asking irrelevant questions just to make it seem like they'd do something about the request.

•••
Masterbucks has not been working for weeks. And we can't withdrawal fund from Epik for a long time.
Capture.JPG

I supposed Rob Monster can resolve it after my first thread at the beginning of Sep and I closed the thread. The 2nd thread was created last week after my disappointment at Epik.
Capture.1JPG.JPG
Capture.2JPG.JPG

•••
•••
well with threads like this one after maintenance done they might as well pay people and kill Masterbucks cause who will use it now.

•••
One thing to keep in mind here is the new CEO is largely irrelevant at this point.

Rob Monster is still Chairman of the Board. The board can appoint or remove officers.

In the past Rob has said he owns 80%+ of Epik shares.
That means he should control the board.

Whatever is going on here, it is the responsibility of Rob.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back