IT.COM

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This is a key point. They make money from Advertising, not the publishers. Advertisers have support, and the algos are designed to protect the advertisers.
A mistake was made - that's bad and I am surprised they don't fast track larger publishers for manual review. But for every outlier error, they catch a lot of legit issues that would harm their publishers, i.e. affect everyones source of income. Overall the system works, which is how they attract and keep the big advertisers.

Because we have developed an internet monoculture the system doesn't really work.
Google doesn't have to care about Publishers and they don't care about advertisers - a distinction without much difference.
Sure it works, today, for Google. Sure it works, today, for revenue chasers. Neither of these is an internet win.

A Godot reference... might be too hip.
Maybe a couple... an oldie and a mod.
A few others..... ;)
Peace,
Cy

Don't spoil the ending!

JN and Rickey walk off into the sunset.....

JN and Rickey ride off into the sunset......

Peace,
Cy

Rickey is still Rickey coming in and stealing a base every now and then ;)

•••
Tim Raines and Donnie Baseball....
Good way to go out.

Laters Carnale,
Kenny

•••
JB throwin out that bait....
chumming the water.....
casting that net....

:)

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
•••
•••
Maybe a first for this thread.
A badminton video

Still waiting for a godot clue..
@baseballworld the second last image is what I call a "three on the tree" first vehicle I owned had one 66 chevy 1/2 half ton..wish I had it today.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Angry Elephant Attack In Palakkad Kerala, India, Damaging 27 Vehicles, Cars, Bikes & Autos

Last edited:
•••
•••
JB throwin out that bait....
chumming the water.....
casting that net....

:)

Peace,
Cy

He is reading this thread tho.

johname was last seen: Viewing forum list, 5 minutes ago

Seahawks vs. a superior bird in the Falcons tomorrow.

Dytto drop for johname

just noticed new Dua Lipa, so a a Dua drop as well

Last edited:
•••
Korean restaurant's menu goes viral for labeling its least spicy food 'white'
C2B0MA1UcAEiLm1.jpg

•••
What the hell.

I know I read that too, and it was because he has an older car that wont crank in the cold and it was snowy or really cold out. Just awful

•••
He is reading this thread tho.
I was digging the fishing, bro. :)
Nobody wants to see 30000+ more than me. ;)

As to the 'Hawks and the Falcons... a shootout for sure. o/u @ 51.5
Matt is the real deal, and with Earl Thomas out, it could go higher.
Odds: Falcons - 5
Hawks are 0-8 SU as playoff underdogs.
Too tight for me to bet, and I have to root west coast,
but I wouldn't mind an Atl / GB or Dal game.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Two members of the band Tower of Power hit by train
"(CNN)Two members of the funk-rock band Tower of Power are recovering after being hit by a train, the group's representative said.
"In an unfortunate accident...drummer David Garibaldi and current bassist Marc van Wageningen were struck by a train in California," said their PR agent Jeremy Westby in a statement to CNN. Both men are responsive and being treated at a hospital, according to Westby. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David Garibaldi is one of my favorite drummers.
He and original bass player Rocco Prestia held the bottom of some of the smokinest funk tunes ever.
This would be a bad way to start 2017.

Peace,
Cy

Last edited:
•••
Please help this young woman understand, looking forward to another installment of @johname explains

PS where is @iowadawg also?

sexy-motivational-2.jpg

•••
During a break today in class, some students and I discussed what happens at pet shops here. I didn't want to believe what I was hearing: They said that the larger dogs are sent to the pound (to be put down) if they aren't sold within 12 months.

Just two weeks ago I saw a larger German Shepard in the back. She was a beauty and she would've been the perfect companion dog (broad assumption).

After hearing that, on my way back from school, I stopped by to see if she was still there.

It turns out through loose translation that "she found a family". Though, when asked if the larger dogs in the back go to the pound (again translated: die), the staff responded that they are sent out of state. I suppose that's an innuendo that they are sent to a better place...

A very depressing trip cause I know the dalmatian I was looking at before in the smaller cages, which was getting quite big, in now in the back. And, she'll be the next to "leave the state".

I ended up holding one puppy lab that had "buy me" eyes through the glass. The little guy turned into a shithead and just bit my hands and dragged my finger hard with his teeth, scraping the skin and leaving some big marks (not breaking the skin, though). He eventually calmed down and we got some good interaction. Then, I held a brown female lab; she was calm and just couldn't resist licking my shirt, pant legs, fingers, etc.. But, I believe that was just a ruse from her for me to ante up the $1200 to take her home. I probably should've...

A depressing trip to the pet store after figuring that one out. I don't think I'll ever visit a pet store again unless I'm 100% committed to buying one (and have my pet deposit paid prior).

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
@briguy - Nice. I switched to using old school wooden pencils in the kitchen, I make notes for food stuff and the mechanical get ruined if there's spills. I love the manual sharpener, the smell of the shavings is totally nostalgic.

Yesterday's SuperSale gave me a domain registering marathon hangover. Still must update all my whois, tired of looking at their panel so I'll get to it later. And yet the sale is still going so I am tempted to keep looking over by Standby list : eek addict :

large.jpg

•••
•••
A depressing trip to the pet store after figuring that one out. I don't think I'll ever visit a pet store again unless I'm 100% committed to buying one (and have my pet deposit paid prior).
:(
Pet shops are bad news everywhere. We recently had a few shut down around here, after the owner got a PM delivery ...and left the puppies sitting outside the store in a van overnight last winter :(.

Sadly, if you buy one to "save" them, you help finance the industry.

In the US a lot are from mills in the Midwest or Amish. To those who raise them, even if they are the "better" ones who follow the laws and pass inspections, these dogs are just a crop, like corn or chickens. Pedigrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on because there's no control of breeding, there are no genetic health checks of breeding stock, puppies aren't socialized or trained causing problems for a new owner. And sadly if they're not sold while they are still cute little babies, they get shuffled off somewhere or put down. :(

Contrast that with reputable breeders, who screen for potential health issues before breeding (hips, eyes, anything particular to that breed - not cheap!), raise puppies underfoot in their homes, socialize them to a variety of new people things and environments, set the foundations for potty training, leash training, etc., and care about their puppies for life. They screen potential homes and don't sell to just anyone with a credit card, and most sell on spay neuter contracts with a clause that if you need to give the dog up, it goes back to them. This keeps their lines OUT of shelters and rescues, assuming people honor the contract.

Last edited:
•••
Very informative about "puppy mills", surprised about the Amish! Thanks @enlytend!

Of all the breeds of all dogs that were in my life, my faves are the labs/retrievers and the Samoyed husky. Still believe that you have to be a "special" person to have a Jack Russell Terrier in your household. <just my experience, the one that I had was a classic "ankle biter"

Was feeling a little nostalgic, the other day is I made this free GIF

~~~~
Still wondering about the "SuperBowl" contest on this thread!

Go Packers!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back