IT.COM

The disappearing GoDaddy logo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Picture0017.png

Over the past couple of months godaddy has slowly been removing the godaddy image from their logo

Old
12.webp

New
14.jpg

At the same time they have been changing links and buttons from green to blue. I notice the transition is creeping into all their services and they seem to be toning down the green and even going to two different shades of green with a darker one in places.

All in all I think it is a very pleasing look and it was time to retire GoDaddy and simplify the logo.

The blue buttons are a nice touch but all in all the site still looks like it's stuck in the 90's with a little too much clip art.

That said... it is getting better and they are definitely on the right track.

Visit www.godaddy.com to have a peek (y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I liked the "old man" logo. Since they stopped using it. Maybe I can use it :)

•••
I like the contrast of colors, easy on the eyes. The design is simple, easier to navigate, and loading quicker than in the past. The logo is a little on the humble side, but less is more right? Lol

•••
Well, at least they're spelling "GoDaddy" correctly. I recently saw a banner ad for them on eBay, where the name was spelled "GoDady". I did send Joe Styler a screenshot of it letting him know someone in their ad department couldn't spell...

•••
•••
stolen thread idea

Yup, your opinion on this must be right.

It cannot possibly be a coincidence that two separate people may have a similar thought. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
I've always made a point to avoid GoDaddy whenever possible. I will peacefully decline your invitation.

•••
As GoDaddyyy still does not offer the world's #1 newww TLD .top I have ZZZEROOO domains there - but nevertheless I want to cccongrattt them to the removal of their odd / inappropriate / bizarre comic - head - logo, this was clearlyyy the right decision.

CCCONGRATS GoDaddyyy @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
UPDATE

I noticed that the old FAVICON is still displayed!

upload_2018-5-21_1-1-15.png < click

Last edited:
•••
As GoDaddyyy still does not offer the world's #1 newww TLD .top I have ZZZEROOO domains there - but nevertheless I want to cccongrattt them to the removal of their odd / inappropriate / bizarre comic - head - logo, this was clearlyyy the right decision.

CCCONGRATS GoDaddyyy @Joe Styler

i don't think the logo was inappropriate?! :bored:

what is inappropriate is using the thread to promote the stupid .top extension - pure Propaganda BS

•••
i don't think the logo was inappropriate?! :bored:

what is inappropriate is using the thread to promote the stupid .top extension - pure Propaganda BS
It (the old logo) was veryyy inappropriate in my viewww

But not so inappropriate like your attempt to use this thread for your tryyy to portrayyy my replyyy as "pure Propaganda BS" although you knowww that all what I wrote is a provable fact.

What is (was) "stupid", is (was) the old GoDaddy logo and - again - the fact that GoDaddy ignores a very decisive part of the newww TLD realityyy

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back