IT.COM

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
speakerinterviews.co.uk
sportsphysiotherapists.co.uk
triathloncoaches.co.uk

Would obviously need developing.

•••
•••
u5.co.uk .uk
0z.co.uk .uk

moj.co.uk .uk

and sold my MobileBet.co.uk,uk for high x,xxx$

•••
I am probably going to let
Privacy barrister. Co. uk

expire soon

And

Profile lawyer. Co. uk

Oh

And

Driver videos. Co.uk

•••
•••
LondonVeterinarian.co.uk
SweetDeals.co.uk

•••
•••
LondonVeterinarian.co.uk
SweetDeals.co.uk

The second ones a peach and should sell for proper dough

If you still have the .uk option etc if it hasn't been bought well worth buying if you can get it for reg fee as more. Co.uk domains are fast becoming just .uk as uk businesses start to upgrade .uk which has only recently become available as it wasn't available to my knowledge when. Co.uk was so. Co.uk became the recognised standard for the uk but. uk is fast becoming the recognised standard nowadays

But then again you probably already know that etc lol

•••
HorseTrailers.co.uk
HorseBoxes.co.uk
MarineServices.co.uk
YourVoice.co.uk
Diver.co.uk
4wd.co.uk
AskMe.co.uk
WellnessCoach.co.uk

•••
The second ones a peach and should sell for proper dough

If you still have the .uk option etc if it hasn't been bought well worth buying if you can get it for reg fee as more. Co.uk domains are fast becoming just .uk as uk businesses start to upgrade .uk which has only recently become available as it wasn't available to my knowledge when. Co.uk was so. Co.uk became the recognised standard for the uk but. uk is fast becoming the recognised standard nowadays

But then again you probably already know that etc lol
Lol, yeah I was thinking about registering .uk, but I read this article: https://www.tld.sc/en/2016/06/co-uk-still-preferred-to-uk-two-years-after-launch/ and had second thoughts. I know it was written a year ago, but maybe something to consider.

•••
EUTax.co.uk
Oldster.co.uk
Freefight.co.uk ( in the Netherlands free fighting is the same as MMA and I presumed it wasn't different in the UK. Lol, my bad)

•••
PerfectCut .co.uk
WaterSmart .uk
SimplyPerfect .uk
TechDesign .uk

•••
Refuges.co.uk
KittyCats.co.uk
HotelsJobs.co.uk
Naem.co.uk
GTLS.co.uk
TruckJobs.co.uk

and probably a few more....

•••
I have sold or been involved in hundreds of co.uk domain sales over the years (since around 2010) including 3L's, one words, geo's, services, emds etc. I am a UK domain registrar and have run one of the most successful co.uk catching systems in the past.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about .co.uk or .uk domains.

•••
Some of my favourites...

LuxurySupercars.co.uk & uk
TruckIT.co.uk
JustLaughs.co.uk
MudRaces.co.uk
StunningHomes.co.uk
PropertyPics.co.uk
GymFest.co.uk
DroneTalk.co.uk
DoggyCare.co.uk
DrivingSupercars.co.uk
TrainBIG.co.uk
TopTunes.co.uk

Last edited:
•••
A few of mine, some are being developed:

Cageside
MMAFighter
MMAFighters
MMAZone
HammerFist

ProfessionalWrestling
Pinfall
Turnbuckle
LegDrop
Powerbomb
Moonsault
HammerLock
Ringsiders
WrestleChat
Bruisers
Fightcast
Fightcaster

Dethrone
Vandals
Broadcasts
Vlogger
Bassist
RockPod
Unreleased
Requests
WarCry
Sirens
PublicEnemy
SuspectDevice
Wickets

•••
•••
ElectricCarChargers.co.uk - a growing market servicing the range of new electric vehicles.

•••
I don't have many .co.uk domains these days (three in total!). These were originally bought for brand protection (I've also got these terms in other ccTLDs):
  • whiskybar.co.uk
  • thewhiskybar.co.uk

•••
•••
Where have you had the most success selling your .co.uk domains?

@Dave I would be very interested in your reply.

•••
•••
Where have you had the most success selling your .co.uk domains?

@Dave I would be very interested in your reply.

For some reason I never had a reply informing me of your message, so I apologise for how late this has come.

I have only ever sold co.uk domains on Sedo, Domain Lore and private. These are the platforms I recommend for UK (Sedo/Private for end user price, Domain Lore for expected reseller pricing although you may get some end users from time to time).

I for sure do not recommend any other platforms since most have mainly a US audience and focus on .com only.

•••
For some reason I never had a reply informing me of your message, so I apologise for how late this has come.

I have only ever sold co.uk domains on Sedo, Domain Lore and private. These are the platforms I recommend for UK (Sedo/Private for end user price, Domain Lore for expected reseller pricing although you may get some end users from time to time).

I for sure do not recommend any other platforms since most have mainly a US audience and focus on .com only.
Think domainlore.uk is the only place I've sold UK names.

As this is also a showcase...

Picked up 055 in co.uk and .uk last week from eBay. Speculative buy as there doesn't seem to be a market for NNN at the moment. Might have been from someone here at NP but not sure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back