IT.COM

opinion The blind leading the blind - The sad story of domain landing pages and marketing deficiencies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
As I surf the web, I watch in awe how all industries keep improving their sales process. They have new tech, new ways to track, new ways to capture leads, ways to remarket and improved ways to make more sales.

Almost every domainer with decent names can make more money if the following items are implemented.

1. Do not use landers that are blocked by uBlock Origin.

2. We must know how many potential buyers visit a page. Every lander should have a javascript slider the visitor must slide to see the price or enter their email to get the price. This will tell you almost 100% how many people that landed on the page were real people.

3. Collect emails yourself from people that want a price. This way you can email them lower prices in the future.

4. Dan should add a phone number on all landers - if we need to pay afternic prices for landers with a phone number, I would have no problem. Let people choose.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As I surf the web, I watch in awe how all industries keep improving their sales process. They have new tech, new ways to track, new ways to capture leads, ways to remarket and improved ways to make more sales.

Almost every domainer with decent names can make more money if the following items are implemented.

1. Do not use landers that are blocked by uBlock Origin.

2. We must know how many potential buyers visit a page. Every lander should have a javascript slider the visitor must slide to see the price or enter their email to get the price. This will tell you almost 100% how many people that landed on the page were real people.

3. Collect emails yourself from people that want a price. This way you can email them lower prices in the future.

4. Dan should add a phone number on all landers - if we need to pay afternic prices for landers with a phone number, I would have no problem. Let people choose.
I agree with all the above. Esp. with the new price changes coming from Afternic, Dan, etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back