Dynadot

The best web design program?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am currently building a website and I was wondering what the best, web design program is. At the moment I'm using Dreamweaver but I'm not too good at it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, it may give more "sense of accomplishment" but it's slow and can often be a pain. Sure, I know HTML but I still use the WYSIWYG editor.

I apologize, I thought you were saying that all WYSIWYG editors were rubbish. It's up to you what you use really, but I prefer dreamweaver WYSIWYG because it's quick, easy and most of the time gives perfect code.

Not saying I don't hand code either ;) I use dreamweaver code view for CSS and manually type out PHP ;)

•••
To all those who hail NotePad, Might I recommend a more advanced hard-coding editor.

WYSIWYG should be
WYSIWYNG
-What You See Is What You Normally Get

I will admit, If I had DreamWeaver and Flash MX 2k4, I would use them. I am just too cheap. Buying photoshop was almost more than I could afford. If I had the $ to buy a domain, I wouldn't be here (glad I am here though, because you all rock!!!)

•••
vi owns notepad.... However i prefer to do my layouts in photoshop cs then port over to dreamweaver. Then again for edits i do prefer vi because i can do my edits in real time, then alt tab over to the browser to see how it will look. If i like it i can leave it and alt tab back to vi, if not just hit "escape u" . I dont know of a quicker method....

•••
I use Photoshop / Dreamweaver combination.. it gets the job done

•••
if you know what your doing it does. lol

•••
Araneae. Also use frontpage to preview in 800x600

•••
I believe FrontPage is best for beginners like me :lol:

•••
Coffecup html....

Now they added a html editor

its a poorman's dreamweaver

•••
photoshop/Dreamweaver MX for me

•••
NotePad ,Fooey I don't need any of those Steeken Hitek Editors
I use VI
(if you don't know what VI is ,you really can't say you are a programmer )

•••
Hey,

I would say the best program that can be used to design is Photoshop and Notepad or Dreamweaver for coding.

But anyway most of it depends on your imagination :)

- Sw

•••
Unless you use WYSIWYG editors.. then its not about imagination

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back