NameSilo

The best web design program?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am currently building a website and I was wondering what the best, web design program is. At the moment I'm using Dreamweaver but I'm not too good at it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Use PhotoShop, it is a pretty good program. :tu:

•••
I have photoshop so I use the two combined. Its doing its work its just that I was wondering if I could make my site look better than previous ones.

•••
I started off with Microsoft Frontpage (years back) as an HTML editor- its simplicity is amazing. Nowadays, I would recommend Macromedia Flash MX.

•••
I use Photoshop and ColdFusion Studio (even for PHP, ASP, Perl - aka HomeSite)

•••
mmmmmm notepad - or if you like pretty colours, code snippets and extensive attribute information - DW on code view.

As for making your site look better, have you tried using CSS and XHTML? it gives you much closer control over positioning and style than old-school html plus it makes your site more accessible.

Flash websites can look.. well... 'Flash' unfortunatly I am still learning the ropes of flash and haven't created a website in it yet, but the sites do look good (generally) you just need to be extra careful about accessibility issues - my main reason for learning flash is to be able to do things that it is great at - animation, games etc rather than whole websites which can have difficulties from a fuctional point of view. (it can be done right, but you just need to be aware of the problems such as SEO, mobile devices, loading times, speech or text only browsers etc.)

•••
Originally posted by Spirited
notepad - or if you like pretty colours, code snippets and extensive attribute information - DW on code view.

•••
Vicious Circle, did you have something to say? :P

•••
I still use notepad! LOL

•••
I started out with HTML coding in notepad.. then started using Frontpage.. didnt like that to much so i choose to use dreamweaver most of the time.. And i use photoshop for graphics.

•••
It really depends on your skill level. Would you consider yourself beginner, intermediate, or advanced?

•••
More than an intermediate type. Notepad is good to use I have to admit!

•••
I use a various collections of programs because each program has their stong points and help get the job done better and faster. For image generation and creation I use Adobe Photoshop, depending on the design I might use Macromedia Flash MX or Adobe Image Ready for some added animation. If I wanted to add a creative favorites icon to help personalize my website I would use Adobe Illustrator for the creation of the icon, then later use a different program to export it as an .ico. Most of the time I use HTML to hard code my projects so I can get a general idea of what I want it to look like. But if your just beginning I suggest you either use Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Once I'm done with my template and I have it just the way I want it, I now incorporate my PHP scripts.

•••
I use Dreamweaver, that is, when I design a site. Seems like I have no time anymore to do that :( I never was much good at it, but I still enjoy it, and Dreamweaver makes it easy for a novice like me.

•••
You cannot use 1 program to create a truly effective web site IMO. For example, I use a combination of:

Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Freehand, Director, Flash and Notepad for coding.

I would use more programs if I had them (which I will do soon), . But get a big software expertise, then you will be able to create some amaing sites. Just learn.

You ain't gonna learn anything overnight - remember that.

•••
well, you really need three, Dreamweaver MX 2K4, Photoshop 7, Flash MX 2K4.

•••
i use, photoshop for all my graphic needs,

then i use notepad for coding, as most/all of my cites now use all css for layout ect

•••
I agree with iDeviseFlash- all you need to get started is Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Flash and an editor (Frontpage, Dreamweaver, and such).

•••
yup. Notepad could replace DW, but i like the syntax highlighting to much :p

•••
I like the simplicity of Microsoft Frontpage, though. :|

•••
ewww, no, lol. Fp is bad. I mean come on, its Microsoft Frontpage, lol. ;)

•••
i'd have to say my two are PS7 and notepad.

•••
ya, i realy dont think u can be a web designs without PS and notepad/DW. well, np is free, hehe

•••
Originally posted by iDeviseFlash
web designs without PS and notepad/DW.

Or Frontpage. :p
It's nice and simple, I like that.

•••
ya, but as i said, hehe. Dreamweaver is just as easy as fp, hehe :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back