IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Guy's

Finally got it all completed today had to wait for payment to clear
buyer is also happy for me to report :tu:

.com

3dmovil " 3D Mobile in spanish "

Real good ROI on a $8 reg sold to the new owner at $1150 :)

Thus taking my 3d sales up to $4150 since my first reg late January 2010

I have around 10 3D Domains and will be holding and developing those :)

WTG! That is a great name for the end user and an awesome sale for you!

Question... Did end user contact you... Or did you contact them?

Cheers!

•••
I've just noticed that 3d real estates droped couple of days ago and nobody picked it up (dot com). 3d real estate is taken in all major extensions. Is plural (realestates) really so bad? Thanks.

•••
WTG! That is a great name for the end user and an awesome sale for you!

Question... Did end user contact you... Or did you contact them?

Cheers!

Thanks

She contacted me..I had turned down a $500 offer on the domain a few days ago.

The new owner contacted me..we played around with the price..and came to a point that we completed the transaction...leaving us both happy :)

I prefer 3d + single keyword..or short 3dcc.com/cc3d.com

I've not bought any new 3d domains for sometime..just looking to buy some new short generic domain or lll.com

Good luck %%-

--------------

---------------

Last edited:
•••
Ive been offered £125 for - 3DBLURAYPLAYERS.CO.UK , said no straight away! Think in 6 months Oct/Nov time would be worth £1250 or poss more!

•••
They are only worth what the end user is willing to pay. A mid xxx sale would be a very nice return on most of the domains in this thread. I have mine priced accordingly, no point in being too greedy. Small returns add up!

•••
Most of the people who have posted domains in this thread will never make any decent sales for two major reasons

1.) The domains are low quality.
2.) Even when a miracle happens and they get an offer they are totally unrealistic in their asking price.

Brad

•••
I have regged the following 3D domains :

3DBRAVIA.COM (Sony Bravia 3D television)
3DCANYON.COM
STUDIOMAX3D.COM
SWIFT3DMAX.COM
3DCINEMATRAILER.COM
3DVIDEOTRAILERS.COM
3DGAMETRAILERS.COM
3DSFILES.COM (maybe with the upcoming Nintendo 3DS)
3DSTAR.INFO
3DER.INFO
3DVECTORLOGO.COM

•••
You have a couple TM issues on that list.

Brad

I have regged the following 3D domains :

3DBRAVIA.COM (Sony Bravia 3D television)
3DCANYON.COM
STUDIOMAX3D.COM
SWIFT3DMAX.COM
3DCINEMATRAILER.COM
3DVIDEOTRAILERS.COM
3DGAMETRAILERS.COM
3DSFILES.COM (maybe with the upcoming Nintendo 3DS)
3DSTAR.INFO
3DER.INFO
3DVECTORLOGO.COM

•••
Some of you are just blatantly wasting your money. I mean, speculation is one thing; but a good number of them don't even stop to think, how the name can be a viable business model?

What is anonymous3d?

It just doesn't make any sense. And if it did, wouldn't anon3d.com be a better choice?

Stop it guys. You're all wasting your money. Save it and buy 1 or 2 decent keywords an end user can use to start or represent an online business.

This 3d thing is gone too far. Most names listed within this thread will never find a home on the web besides a parked page.

Unbelievable.

Just wondering...have you bought/sold/thinking of buying/selling any 3D domains? Can we have a peek? :tri:

•••
Just wondering...have you bought/sold/thinking of buying/selling any 3D domains? Can we have a peek? :tri:

Nope! Not sold any. I came late to the party. I managed to get used3dgames.com - based on the expectation that the marketplace will accept 3d games as a mainstay of an overall gaming industry. This is a big unknown. So is 3d TV, 3d Movies and what have you. Take the best 3d names and check their reg dates. That's the way domaining should be done. Get to the party way before it begins. And then be patient. Only the noobs and latecomers get excited about snagging bread crumbs. This is the kind of deception which will lead them nowhere.

Remember, 3d technology is nothing new. The success of Avatar spawned all this euphoria. Most of noise is from the sell side - Manufacturers. Ultimately, the consumers will decide if 3d becomes a mainstay.

Now, tell me, why would anyone buy 3dkenya.com? Who would buy it? At what price? Did you research that? This seems (and I could be wrong) to me a reg based on emotion.

All those domainers who are posting their names here must revisit this thread a year from now with their success stories. Which I doubt. At which time, they will have forgotten 3d and scooping up another hot trend. And belatedly.

And you may think, is there a lesson to be learned here?

Most domainers are trying to get lucky as opposed to getting educated.

Years go by and they still believe lightening will strike their way. Keep your hopes alive.

Last edited:
•••
Remember, 3d technology is nothing new. The success of Avatar spawned all this euphoria. Most of noise is from the sell side - Manufacturers. Ultimately, the consumers will decide if 3d becomes a mainstay.

What I find odd is that some great OLD 3d technologies/names are available if you think outside of the normal view of things. Everyone is so focused on 3d films that they forget 3d is an old technology (especially in areas such as medicine/graphics/modelling).

I just took about 10 domains. Each has a CPC of over $3 and between 1000-6000 EXACT searches a month for 3d + one or two keywords. I can't even begin to capture ALL of the variations on this theme (reverse the words, add a third). The PRIMO variations (non-hypen) were taken years ago but these are hardly scraps.

For example 3dScan.com was taken but 3d-Scan.com was not. {not a real example but symbolic of what I did}

They ARE 3d- but Google doesn't give a monkey's about hyphens and it makes sense when there is one keyword or two short keywords.

To me 3d-Scan.com is almost as good as 3dScan.com (even at 30% its a good value play)

But don't lose heart...I'm sure somewhere a Kenyan farmer wants 3dKenya.

I did take 3d-adventure.com for those of you who appear to be ON ONE.:lol:

If you're interested in he "genre" as there are many more available names send me a PM because I'm done.

Last edited:
•••
Nope! Not sold any. I came late to the party. I managed to get used3dgames.com - based on the expectation that the marketplace will accept 3d games as a mainstay of an overall gaming industry. This is a big unknown. So is 3d TV, 3d Movies and what have you. Take the best 3d names and check their reg dates. That's the way domaining should be done. Get to the party way before it begins. And then be patient. Only the noobs and latecomers get excited about snagging bread crumbs. This is the kind of deception which will lead them nowhere.

Now, tell me, why would anyone buy 3dkenya.com? Who would buy it? At what price? Did you research that? This seems (and I could be wrong) to me a reg based on emotion.

All those domainers who are posting their names here must revisit this thread a year from now with their success stories. Which I doubt. At which time, they will have forgotten 3d and scooping up another hot trend. And belatedly.

And you may think, is there a lesson to be learned here?

Most domainers are trying to get lucky as opposed to getting educated.

Years go by and they still believe lightening will strike their way. Keep your hopes alive.

Hmmm, relevant points there but i really think you've missed a trick. You say '3D technology is nothing new' ...THIS 3D technology is!

A lot of people seem to be stuck in the Jaws3D era...a fad..it'll pass kinda thing.

'This 3D is a big unknown. So is 3d TV, 3d Movies and what have you'....EXACTLY.It is unknown...ALL of it, that's the fun and that s precisely why everyone is getting excited about the possibilities. It is the VERY likely prospect that 3D is coming (is here) to the home and internet.

The way that we're going to view movies,games etc are undergoing a monumental shift. Billions have been invested by very smart people...you don't think they're doing this on a whim do you?

You bought used3dgames.com...i bought 3DUsed.com so i can see where you're coming from.

Who would buy/use 3DKenya.com. Well,I reckon users would be people who want to see Kenya in 3D...safaris etc.Buyer would maybe be a tour company perhaps...?

It is ALL speculation and as long as we know that then I reckon go for it.

As for me,i'm quite happy picking up the 'breadcrumbs', and all long as all the experienced domainers keep thinking that there's none left..well..:lala:

•••
Who would buy/use 3DKenya.com. Well,I reckon users would be people who want to see Kenya in 3D...safaris etc.Buyer would maybe be a tour company perhaps...?

That's a compelling argument but wouldn't someone selling Safari tours of Kenya rather have the words "Safari" or "Tour" or "Africa" than 3d?

Honey, I want to go on a tour or safari in Africa...

Ok.. let me go to 3dKenya.com

Duh. :)

•••
ive regd

3DSCONSOLES.COM
3DSCONSOLES.CO.UK
3DPCGAMES.CO.UK

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Those are some great names reged at this point in the game.

•••
Any newbie looking to buy into 3D should just save there cash and buy one 3D domain on the aftermarket...then registering 20 3D domains that have no value.

•••
I agree that the future of gaming will include a 3D element..

Some of my 3d game names..

3dGameSite.net
OnlineGames3d.net
Internet3dGames.com
InternetGames3d.com

•••
That's a compelling argument but wouldn't someone selling Safari tours of Kenya rather have the words "Safari" or "Tour" or "Africa" than 3d?

Honey, I want to go on a tour or safari in Africa...

Ok.. let me go to 3dKenya.com

Duh. :)

I was using that as an example. The site could be for anything concerning Kenya...3DKenya could encompass real estate, safarai...anything...all under one umbrella. Why limit to one?

Double Duh :D

•••
Here's my 3D domains;

3DMI . org
3DMI . info
3D Presentation .net

•••
I was using that as an example. The site could be for anything concerning Kenya...3DKenya could encompass real estate, safarai...anything...all under one umbrella. Why limit to one?

Double Duh :D

Ok. Yeah. You got me. Why get Kenya.com. Obviously 3DKenya.com has all that and MORE. :)

•••
i was pleased to have a inquiry email for i3dpoker this morning

p.s well done d-k you seem to be proving the trolls to be wrong

I wonder if any of these trolls even have a idn , do they know the internet is a changing world ? and there is no point just saying only buy .com ....most of the .coms cannot be purchased because of prices

People are being forced to think outside the box and some think outside the box regardless , there is nothing wrong with cctlds for your regs as well

Last edited:
•••
I had to laugh at the irony of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^ 3D Sheep lol Nice one!

I think on a serious note, every domainer new or experienced is a speculator and even some of the more experienced users on here have purchased the odd name that they may have regretted. Of course there will by probability be a few surprise golden eggs but some names will obviously never even get to a golden embryo stage.

In general though there is a lot of very experienced and excellent advice being delivered in this thread by some domainers who have been doing this for a very long time. You may have noticed that from time to time some of these users don't always give advice freely probably because thay have said the same thing a million times over.
One thing is certain though, that the central core of the advice is to (A) choose very wisely and (B)Not to go over the top or waste money after all 12 Months will go by very quickly for renewals.

Don't get me wrong I've purchased more than my own fair share of crap as it is far too easy to register a batch of domains but all those batches add up.

Personaly I'm heeding the advice given as one or two key 3D domains will far outweigh 50 worthless ones. Plus I value an experienced domainers judgement way over my own any day, despite knowing that I'm learning well through intelligent reading.

We will all defend our own purchases in one way or another, I could probably even defend a domain like 3DBoiledEggs if I had faith in it lol.

I really do hope that we all succeed and do well out of our 3D Goodiebags but the Domain market will as ever dictate that most of us will lose.
I would just rather heed the valuable and well intended advice that has been bestowed and limit my damages :)

That's just my personal view but Good luck to everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
anyone else notice that Sedo has been down (like not even recognized kind of down) for HOURS!!

•••
DDDHD.net 3DHDmovie.net

see3DHD.com

i have 3
haha````````

•••
•••
Ok. Yeah. You got me. Why get Kenya.com. Obviously 3DKenya.com has all that and MORE. :)

Well, i would've bought Kenya.com but the $791,000 that it'd cost me is a bit steep at the mo.:rolleyes:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back