IT.COM

Text Spam From New Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I rarely use privacy when registering domains but I might have to start. My phone, texting and everything wont stop. Anyone have any suggestions of how they handle this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I rarely use privacy when registering domains but I might have to start. My phone, texting and everything wont stop. Anyone have any suggestions of how they handle this?

I use a google voice number and I shut down SMS / Emails to the phone number. I only allow voice to go through and I screen those now.

Added: I only get this new reg spam from GoDaddy and its starting to piss me off to a point where I am going to start regging new domains with other registrars. I dont necessarily want privacy because a good deal of my sales are inbound solicits. I want the potential buyers to find me via email or phone - but its getting really bad lately. My last new reg at GoDaddy was 2 weeks ago and I am still getting over a dozen spam emails to my email address. At least with Google Voice I can shut down / control different contact methods. My 2 cents.....

Last edited:
•••
I too ( like everyone else I suppose ) have received and am still receiving a ton of spam emails and they ALL are from India.
What I have noticed though is that it does not depend on the registrar but from the location in the world you input in your whois. I get 100% spam when I put in my Aussie address, I get 0% with my Italian one.
They must have scrapers set on certain locations.

Last edited:
•••
I too ( like everyone else I suppose ) have received and am still receiving a ton of spam emails and they ALL are from India.
What I have noticed though is that it does not depend on the registrar but from the location in the world you input in your whois. I get 100% spam when I put in my Aussie address, I get 0% with my Italian one.
They must have scrapers set on certain locations.

That is extremely interesting, thanks for that.
@AGAME thinks it is only from Godaddy this barrage of spam comes, have you experienced differently?

I use a google voice number and I shut down SMS / Emails to the phone number. I only allow voice to go through and I screen those now.

Added: I only get this new reg spam from GoDaddy and its starting to piss me off to a point where I am going to start regging new domains with other registrars. I dont necessarily want privacy because a good deal of my sales are inbound solicits. I want the potential buyers to find me via email or phone - but its getting really bad lately. My last new reg at GoDaddy was 2 weeks ago and I am still getting over a dozen spam emails to my email address. At least with Google Voice I can shut down / control different contact methods. My 2 cents.....

Yeah same experience, i'm sometimes waking up weeks later to 15-20 spam domain registration emails a day and more come flooding in throughout the day. phishing attempts, logo design, seo etc. just on the email front, never mind phone and text spam, it's a massive irritant. I think namesilo with free privacy is going to be a serious consideration for me going forward. I can't be bothered with this torrent of spam every time i'm going to reg a new domain. I hadn't regd a domain for a while until recently, things are much worse than ever before on the spam front.

Last edited:
•••
Its ridulous to think that by buying something, I immediately start getting barraged with offers, spam, texts, etc.

Whois info has terms of use. If thats how the marketers are getting the info, they are not supposed to use it for spammimg people.

•••
I have 12 texts this morning, 2 attempted phone calls, 5 emails, just from registering 2 names yesterday.
Talked to one east indian boy, there is a room full of spammers. I was pretty crude to him :)
Pathetic to think that this is ok for them to do this, should be working for them.
Now i have to delete these messages and block these numbers, mark emails as phishing scams
I know, what else do I have to do, right @tha-she ?
Just got another call from east indian spammer, trying to sell logo, 1-468-294-3890

How do they get these phone numbers to show on call display? These east indian spammers are being creative.

•••
I have a blocked number list on my phone that is almost 100 different numbers. I have no idea how they keep getting new phone numbers. They probably have thousands of telephone numbers to call/text from.

Really a waste.

•••
I have a blocked number list on my phone that is almost 100 different numbers. I have no idea how they keep getting new phone numbers. They probably have thousands of telephone numbers to call/text from.

Really a waste.

Yep they get cheap throw away phone numbers by the shed load and then dispose of them when needed, rinse and repeat. You can not stop these scumbags with text, email and phone they are an unstoppable load of irritants.

You would think with time things should get better but lately weeks after my regs the spam if anything is getting worse. I must remember to use namesilo in future for regs so I don't get snowed under with spam.

Question: Does anyone know how to block these emails coming in via gmail with a filter as others have suggested above, if so how please?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Got hit by Spammers LogoSurgeon.com registered at godaddy. Only takes a minute to report them.
Closing accounts may slow them down. @Joe Styler what can be done about all the scammers registering and spamming from accounts hosted by you, and others?

Is there an email we can report spamming domain names?

Visited their fancy site, they have done 5000 logo's in one month. Reg Nov1
Regards,
Dale Walis
Senior Consultant – The Logo Surgeon
(407) 545-6154
He is the contact for all the spam emails for LogoSurgeon.com registerd at godaddy I received this morning

•••
Also got quite a few from 29designx.com those are texts. i followed their no_url_shorteners link and they have a fancy site hosted by my host A2Hosting. My host :)
I'll go have a chat with them, see if i can't have those spammers site shut down.
Beware of spammers 29DesignX.com sending multiple text spams.

•••
That is extremely interesting, thanks for that.
@AGAME thinks it is only from Godaddy this barrage of spam comes, have you experienced differently?

Yes I speak from experience. I have recently registered some names with Name and the same happened.

•••
I haven't registered a name at godaddy in 6 months. Fasthosts yesterday, spammed today.
Same with netfirms registrations, buy one day get spam the next. I send them all to sedo, and get a lot of traffic for first few days.
It's far from a godaddy conspiracy

•••
I have now a second phone for whois information and use privacy when it's free.

All spam scam calls are now going to my second phone.

It is worst when you get domains at domain.com dotster.com etc

You may want to deactivate the "marketing email" from your dotster etc account.

I think they share your information to the spammers! Or maybe they are the ones who are bombing your email!

Last edited:
•••
61954_69e3fe479b56c59ed543df1c62cc78d3.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 58
•••
The spam emails that make me laugh (going by the titles, I don't open them) are the ones offering SEO or web development services.

Most of them are probably scams anyway, but who the heck would choose a company because they spammed them?

I also find the ones trying to sell you names that are available to hand reg rather funny.

•••
Great to have found this thread... I was starting to wonder if it was just me. For me, it only started when I recently purchased about 5 domina names, about 4 weeks ago (so relatively small fry). I have many other domains from a while back but they don't appear to be getting info scraped from whois. My issue is quite small in that I only get about 2 or 3 calls a day. So I worked a reframe in that when the phone rang I used it as a reminder to be in the "Here and Now", and enjoy the exercise of slowly getting up and making my way to the phone... if it says overseas (I'm in OZ) I just answer and say no... but thanks for the here and now reminder. If you're not into personal growth this will not mean much to you so I apologize for taking up your time.

So in short... I initial got upset to the point of having a little scream to now, quite welcoming the reminder to be here and now.

I don't have privacy on.... I do show a link in who is that takes users to a site that list any domain names I have for same.

I guess the best option for me would be to get a Google (or other) phone account that has an answering machine message directing anyone interesting in buying a domain would be to go to URL and they would fill out a "Make Offer" form.

Note: I could still get spam but it more about reducing it I guess. As for eMail... I could (have not yet) create a new address just for who is and direct them to a folder... this would make it super fast to clean.

Also, in relation to previous message in this thread about it only taking 10 minutes a day... like that's OK. For me... even 1 minute a day = 7 minutes a week. And that's 7 minutes of my life that I can't get back... and I take that pretty serious.

So for me, I'll do what I can to reduce spam and while under 10 a day I'll reframe to make it a good thing by using it as my little be here now reminder. Note: You can actually buy these little "Be her now" reminders. :)... so we are getting them for $0

•••
The phone calls and text messages seem to slow down after about two weeks after registration.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I received spam emails, unrecognized international phone calls, text message everyday

Good thing is that I dont feel lonely

•••
Voip.co.uk
0300 # £2 a month, free divert to a sim card in a old phone or even have them make a message for you.

•••
GUYS!

I have found one douche bag who SELLS our INFORMATION!

Got a spam from:

"Stiven Rusell" <[email protected]>

TITLE:
Get 150000 Email Address and Phone Numbers Daily
SR

Newly Registered Domains List & Whois Data

Get instant access to a FTP server with over 30 previous days worth of WHOIS data, dropped domains and newly registered domains daily!

Over 5 Million domains are registered Every Month. After paying you will be assigned a FTP account to easily access the data you need Instantly.

You can get daily new 150000 Email Address and Phone Numbers in Worldwide

Download Sample Database (500000 Data Included)

Join Membership and Grow your business
35% off this December
PROMOCODE - DEC35

Signup now

Team

Dailydomain.info

more info : [email protected]

http://ceygatemail.net/index.php/lists/rq588j75vr00f/unsubscribe/ww953vw07sff2/oo198endl8ade,
Dailydomain.info
4645 Sunrise Hwy
Bohemia New York 11716

IP of spammer

The source IP address is 167.114.193.160.

Geo-Location Information
Country Canada
State/Region QC
City Montr�al
Latitude 45.504
Longitude -73.5747
Area Code

What to do now? Bomb spam him? Legal actions?

I will surely go for legal actions. I live 2 hour away from this guy. I will go with legal actions since spamming is ILLEGAL in Canada

•••
•••
At least around 10 calls a day, from Washington, NY, or 12345689 or unknown numbers.
Every time it's someone with an Indian accent.. + about 10 - 15 texts a day + 10 emails at least.
Once in a while I answer as I have legit calls too and it's more often that not the same people.... Also now there's a new twist, when you tell them straight-up that you are not interested in any web development or app design, now they
1) either start selling you the exact thing you said you're not interested
2) start giving attitude and blatantly lying, saying that's not what they are offering and actually start selling what you thought the call was for (same as the last million times)..

And whoever said, it's just a few calls and text and emails and we're overreacting... when you're in a meeting and your phone shows incoming calls, or constant texts when you're waiting for some important updates, you sure don't have a busy life or have a bias towards this type of behavior. If it was periodically done or after a few times of saying "not interested" it stopped, that would've been fine.. this is spamming with attitude on top of it.

Last edited:
•••
Get a second paid phone for your whois information!

Check your voicemails once a day in case you have missed a call from a buyer.

Voila!

•••
I guess that could be sort of a solution, but when a client calls you and you never answer, and when you do , it's not convenient for them.. especially if there's time zone differences... not ideal

•••
wow, I don't get that much Spam at all (No that is not a offer for any!). I guess I should be thankful. Can not believe that it's such a bad problem.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back