NameSilo

Terrible situation with godaddy stealing searches!

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews started by tasaki25, Oct 5, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. robepik

robepik CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

The buyer is in the UAE. The transaction should close within this week. I just spoke to the buyer via phone now to review closing mechanics. Looks good.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Great job Rob

Swiss registrant owns How.tv for 14 years, new registrant 2 days and gets $75,000 sale. #Random #DomainingCrazy

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  3. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

Didn’t how.tv sell for $11k on sedo in 2011?

4. tasaki25

tasaki25 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes it was sold for 11k.

5. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes you are correct my error, I was looking at a whois history that I thought dated back to 2004 not 2014 when the Swiss registrant had the name. So it was regged in 2003 it looks like, sold in 2011 for $11,000 dropped and now sold for $75,000.

Thank you for pointing that out.

6. equity78

Here is how it looked in 2007 [​IMG]

7. Sarah@Epik

[email protected] Director, Marketing and Social Media Epik.com Staff VIP

Hi Everyone, if you fund your account, please make sure to email [email protected] with your PIN so we can add the bonus. Thanks!

8. Jay Ha

Jay Ha Exploring.. Gold Account

Should have moved.. Searched for a name that I was long waiting for to drop. It was available, went to cart and it gave me an error the domain wasn't available anymore. (I have screenshots)
    Not sure if someone regged it or it was 'held hostage' or it is just their crap engine.

9. Ammudamus

Ammudamus Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Did the sale close?

10. tasaki25

tasaki25 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Still no

11. Ammudamus

Is the Epik Escrow set up?

12. robepik

Yes, set up. Spoke with the buyer this morning in Dubai (their work week starts Sunday). We should have an update from the buyer on Monday as they put their funds together. In the meantime, I will likely advise the registrant to bid up the second 5 figure bidder just to keep that iron warm.

13. equity78

Looks like the nameservers changed to Bodis, if this name is sold why did the seller do this? Makes little sense. Why would anyone have a sale in escrow and park it saying name might be for sale, the Dubai buyer should be pissed if they think they are completing a domain sale.

14. CJ6

CJ6 ... whatever VIP

Good luck on the sale.

Epik is great. I just need a massive sale on one of my Epik domains to help fund more domains. (I just transferred about 40-50 more domains to Epik over the last week. Thanks for the transfer sale, Rob.)

15. Ammudamus

The name isn’t sold and that’s the problem. I am not sure why the seller changed nameservers either. Seems like a way of suggesting they aren’t as confident. Only time will tell.

16. equity78

Any update?

17. mayazir

mayazir VirtualNameMarket.com VIP

It may be bug, I remember a few years ago I was waiting one domain to expire and didnt know nothing about expiredomains and GD auction and closeout, so I was trying the domain I wished. I was checking it each evening and one day I checked it and GD showed it was aviable for reg fee. I paid it and got email and refund in a few minutes. I tried to reg it with another registrar and it was not aviable. The domain became aviable just 2 weeks later.
    From another side you could be right, because if they see a good domain, why not to reg it and sell for xxxx, instead of let you reg it for a few bucks?
    Anyway, they have a lot of bugs, because of that I reg at Namesilo and transfer there all my domains.

18. Vito

Vito Media Branding LLC Gold Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

I am trying to understand this post here Rob.

If buyer at 75k is legit and working out payment details, why would there be any bidding up the bidder #2?

And registrant cannot bid up auction since he is seller and cant bid on his own auction.

So correct me if i am wrong here. Bidder at 75k in Dubai might not go thru. Maybe it will but it is taking too long. So are you trying to get bidder 2 higher? Or lower than 75k? So lets say you are working on bidder 2 at 80 k or something similar?

Example...
    I was bidding on a condo here in Chicago and offered 5k over list price but because i had to be financed i lost it to someone who came in and only gave exact asking price, but in cash.

I am guessing that is the same situation you are talking about here? So bidder #2 might come in lower but have the funds in cash or be in a better financing position.

Sorry just trying to understand this line of yours here...

"I will likely advise the registrant to bid up the second 5 figure bidder just to keep that iron warm."

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018 at 5:41 PM
  19. Ammudamus

I didn't understand the comment about the second bidder going up. In fact, why would you do that unless you thought the 1st bidder is not going to follow through? In addition, I would think you would be violating the initial agreement with the 1st bidder, unless they specifically said they aren't funding. Doesn't make much sense.

20. robepik

There is a legally binding $75K offer from a buyer in Dubai which we are working to close hopefully without requiring a legal action to enforce the sale after the buyer accepted the buy it now price. As for the timing, just FYI, the discussion cycles for this particular transaction are little slower than normal because the seller (NamePros member) is in the hospital recovering from a surgical procedure. So, send him good thoughts.

21. Vito

Vito Media Branding LLC Gold Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

@Eric Lyon or @Kenny
    Is it possible to seperate this thread into 2 threads.

The OP here was complaining about something at GD but myself and others got involved when..

@robepik 's announced the sale of How.tv being sold at Epik for 75k.

All these bumps might look bad when we keep seeing a GD bashing title and we are not even in here for that reason at all.

Thanks

22. equity78

Probably going to be very hard to get a judgement against someone in Dubai. looks like the seller is on Namepros right now.

23. equity78

Yes the thread mistitled from the get go which I explained last week. GoDaddy has never offered premium .tv registrations, @Joe Styler and @Paul Nicks can verify that.

24. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

We have not and do not offer premium .tv registrations ever to my knowledge - you are correct in that. If this was a premium registration you wouldn't see it as available with us when you search.

25. equity78

Which is what I explained when this thread started, so like @Vito said this thread should be relabeled How.tv regged and sold.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: