Dynadot

domain SUITSFOR.MEN (AN NGTLD THAT WORKS)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
Non-Premium Renewals.

I currently own it until 2023, with the added coupons I've paid about $6.50 for 6 years of ownership and I'll be maxing it out for the full 10 years after I complete a quick $4 sale of one of my .coms, just waiting for the paypal payment.

The best .com domain for suits other than suit.com or suits.com is 100% MensSuits.com(There is no NGTLD equivalent). I am trying to create price competition for my name as the 4th best due to the fact that it is the emd competitor of the .com SuitsForMen.com.

I have the advantage of locked in renewals for the next 10 years for the domain and renewal at a price below .COM renewal fees.

Here is the Important Data

O5UtONN.png

Source: Domain Index

For an EndUser this could be a great name for an online store selling Men's suits. .Men is imho a pretty weak ngtld but this is probably one of the best uses of the tld on the entire internet. Any end user buying into the name now would be saving years of renewal fees ( which rocket back up soon) and be able to focus mainly on marketing and advertising the name as the .com doesn't even rank for its own keyword (original owner is end user), just check out the domain now www.suitsformen.com, not much done at all in terms of development.

Since I'll be locking this up for a few years I'm interesting in leaving this thread open and seeing how peoples opinions vary over the years. It'll be fun.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A couple thoughts:
  • This one is clumsy, I don't like it visually, for branding purposes it won't work well
  • people will always have to remember where to put the dot, is it suitsfor.men, suits.formen, oh not it must be suitsformen.com ?
  • like Ecalc said, prepositions in domain names tend to diminish value
  • like Ecalc said, alternatives exist
  • plus, four (and two, three) are possibly confusing in domain names
  • I think new extensions work best with single keyword + TLD, where both left and right and the dot make sense as a combo eg. good.men
  • in my view it is a domain hack, most names in new extensions qualify as hacks for me. Of course, they are not like bitco.in where the keyword is split in the middle. Here the keywords are separated by the dot. Nonetheless, the left of the dot cannot be dissociated from the TLD itself: 'suitsfor' wouldn't make sense. On the other hand bitcoin.com is a self-contained brand. But we can leave that as a technicality.
  • the fact that similar domains like GiftsFor.Men are flagged as premium by the registry carries no weight at all, the pricing set by registries doesn't reflect any kind of end user demand. IMO this was just a crumb left by the registry and I don't think it's an oversight on their part.
  • I don't lend much value to EMDs unless they are .com. Search volume doesn't mean built-in traffic until the name is developed. Any domain can be developed after all.
  • More relevant question: how many names sell in new TLDs because they are EMD ?
  • Is there a pool of possible end users ? I think the most obvious end user would be suitsformen.com but they don't need it
  • the fact that is was cheap doesn't mean it's worth considerably more than what you paid for, plenty of names can be had in new extensions for cheap.
  • it lacks branding potential overall
In short, if you are waiting for an user he/she will never come IMO. You have better domains than this one.
Thanks for your opinion Kate. We'll see what happens in 10 years.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back