Domain Empire

domain SUITSFOR.MEN (AN NGTLD THAT WORKS)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
Non-Premium Renewals.

I currently own it until 2023, with the added coupons I've paid about $6.50 for 6 years of ownership and I'll be maxing it out for the full 10 years after I complete a quick $4 sale of one of my .coms, just waiting for the paypal payment.

The best .com domain for suits other than suit.com or suits.com is 100% MensSuits.com(There is no NGTLD equivalent). I am trying to create price competition for my name as the 4th best due to the fact that it is the emd competitor of the .com SuitsForMen.com.

I have the advantage of locked in renewals for the next 10 years for the domain and renewal at a price below .COM renewal fees.

Here is the Important Data

O5UtONN.png

Source: Domain Index

For an EndUser this could be a great name for an online store selling Men's suits. .Men is imho a pretty weak ngtld but this is probably one of the best uses of the tld on the entire internet. Any end user buying into the name now would be saving years of renewal fees ( which rocket back up soon) and be able to focus mainly on marketing and advertising the name as the .com doesn't even rank for its own keyword (original owner is end user), just check out the domain now www.suitsformen.com, not much done at all in terms of development.

Since I'll be locking this up for a few years I'm interesting in leaving this thread open and seeing how peoples opinions vary over the years. It'll be fun.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
suitsfor.men

wholesale: $x
retail: $x

strike 1 - TLD is not com or cctld. There is no evidence of market demand for .men domains. Namebio show one reported sale, indoset.men (210 USD, 2016-03-29, uniregistry). If there is any appreciable underground sales activity it will bubble up in public reports.

strike 2 - SLD is more than one word. Sales data shows that two or more words is a hurdle for .com and a brick wall for all other tlds.

strike 3 - Branding efforts by publishers like kars4kids have raised an element of spelling confusion about 4/for in domain names. Prepositions in general are domain dead weight.

strike 4 - Weak market for clothing domains with phrases ‘suits for’ or ‘for men’. Recent public sales include hatsformen.com (335 USD, 2015-02-06, godaddy) and socksformen.com (215 USD, 2015-03-13, godaddy). Exclude ‘for’: threepiecesuits.com (101 USD, 2016-01-28, namejet), leathersuits.com (211 USD, 2015-11-16, namejet) and woolsuits.com (361 USD, 2014-11-01, godaddy). Publishers/investors can buy practical 2+ keyword .coms for low $xxx or hand reg available names such as sportcoatsformen.com, mensbusinesssuits.com, tuxedosformen.com, etc for $x. The .men enthusiast can hand reg tuxedosfor.men, pantsfor.men, shirtsfor.men, etc for $0.69 each.

This is not baseball. Two strikes and you’re out. Good luck!

•••
I like the name, but what I really love is the pricing. To get perfect domain name and have it locked for 10 years with total costs of $10 is very clever move imo.

It can be a great brand for any company in that niche, and you have now 10 years to maximize your profit. If you do not sell it in 10 years (and I am sure you will sell it with huge profit) worst case is you can loose 10 dollars.

I think this is really no-brainer here :)

•••
Red.Suit
Blue.Suit
Green.Suit
Navy.Suit

Well that's a start...

;)
All of those can be bought at SuitsFor.Men :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Despite the sales pitch, I don't see much value in this one.

There is no comparison between this and top notch .COM either in terms of demand or value.

Brad

•••
One thing is for sure, if you don't take advantage now, you'll suffer in the long run it won't take long before people are thinking the same thing about ngtlds, its best not to assume what people will want based on what you think is good for them as a domainer because, you'll want them to eat your .com's all day. When the time comes the markets will speak for themselves, but mind you, the train has already left the station.

Not really. Often the first movers are the ones who end up taking the vast majority of the losses.

If new gTLD ever really do take off then there will be plenty of investing opportunities just like there has been with .COM for many years and still is today.

Best of luck.

Brad

•••
Here is an image to discredit your point. The majority of registrations have occurred within the past year, this extension isn't even two years old and your trying to say that "Numbers don't lie". Well, guess what there have been over 75k registrations in just the past 2 months, which is massive growth for the tld, with the majority of people like locking in their investments long term. There has been 2.5k registrations in the past week and this extension has quickly become one of the better run ngtlds with such a cheap renewal. This is the kind of pricing structure that KEEPS businesses running and its been an excellent move by Famous Four Media.
CytbiAj.png

Yes the extension is doing great....

One single recorded sale. Yes one sale.

102,000 registrations.
1 sale.

So let's get back to appraising the name.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170116-133805.png
    Screenshot_20170116-133805.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 27
•••
Great domain and loads of potential I would say....

Problem is that you asking for an appraisal is likely going to turn this into another thread like the other one :xf.grin:...lol - too many psychics on NP who have these magic crystal balls that can tell the future and knows exactly what the market is going to do.

•••
I like the name, but what I really love is the pricing. To get perfect domain name and have it locked for 10 years with total costs of $10 is very clever move imo.

It can be a great brand for any company in that niche, and you have now 10 years to maximize your profit. If you do not sell it in 10 years (and I am sure you will sell it with huge profit) worst case is you can loose 10 dollars.

I think this is really no-brainer here :)

I agree, for the nominal cost the upside could be huge. Although, I wonder if Suits.Men would be better?

•••
Thanks for your opinion. None of those were previously held or dropped premiums by the registry and quite francly pantsfor.men, shirtsfor.men and tuxedosfor.men are all low level emds for this tld.
w
Weak Market for "for men"? I don't thinks so. All the sales you have mentioned are emds that are not within the top 5 names in that niche

SuitsForMen
ShoesForMen
WatchesForMen
ClothesForMen

All of these have yet to sell in the aftermarket, and all would likely go for high 5 to low 6 figures. So your analysis of the market does not take into account the fact that the top names in the niche, which are relative to my name have not sold, and their value to an end user because that would be a better comparison. Regardless I appreciate your opinion, this isn't a game to me, You may think I've struck out, but I think I view things with a much further outlook than you legacy domainers. I can sit on this name for 5 years and still be in my 20's, so lets see what happens. I'm in no need to sell or auction this name until at least 2021, I've got other emd ngtlds like Fishing.Tools that will go up for sale in 2020. This isn't baseball, this is chess, and I'm thinking several years ahead.
Registry labels/markups such as ‘premium’ carry no weight in my price model. I agree that pantsfor.men, shirtsfor.men & tuxedosfor.men are low level as are all two word .men domains.

Market strength is determined by completed sales volume and realized price, not perceived quality or asking price. If no homes sold in a zip code during the most recent quarter then that market is weak/cold/illiquid/[insert derogatory term here]. The market for .com clothing domains with the phrase ‘for men’ is indeed weak. Six figure .com hypotheticals serve no purpose. The appropriate comps for your name are the available .men hand regs noted in my previous post.

Honest appraisals aren’t sugar coated. When you buy a used car, you or your mechanic go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb to find any problems. The same when buying a house. Home inspectors aren’t paid for compliments, they just identify defects. Car and house problems are usually repairable. Not so with domains. Thus the two strike rule. One strike is bad. Two strikes are deadly to the wallet. Discriminate harshly when picking names. Five years is the blink of an eye. Prepare to hold for ten years minimum before retail sale and keep one eye on the fire exit.

Last edited:
•••
suitsformen.com is a nice site. Mr Hicks mens wear in Alabama.
And it is a great name.
.men i don't think will be around in 10 years as with most new G's so I have to say reg fee

Thanks for your opinion. However, I don't see .men going anywhere, being owned by Famous Four Media its still got plenty of legs today and 10 years from today.

•••
This isn't a hack its an emd ngtld. Google treats it as an exact match phrase. There is no two letter cctld ending on the name it ends with the EXACT MATCH key word used in the 3 word phrase. A Hack would be SuitsForM.en(.en doesn't exist) and most, if not all ngtld domainers would agree with me on this. Its high time legacy domainers start doing their research because calling this name a hack is about as wrong as it gets....

•••
its a hack domain, accept it, there are others like me that appreciate the hack. I have boobtu.be and look and namescon auctioning boob.tube. Who knows? kudos
It is NOT a domain hack please read the following.

A domain hack is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or name when concatenating two or more adjacent levels of that domain.[1][2][3] For example, "bir.ds" and "examp.le", using the fictitious country-code domains .ds and .le, suggest the word birds and example respectively. In this context, the word hack denotes a clever trick (as in programming), not an exploit or break-in (as in security).

Domain hacks offer the ability to produce short domain names. This makes them potentially valuable as redirectors, pastebins, base domains from which to delegate subdomains and URL shortening services.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack

•••
Maybe, its not an emd though Mens.Suits would be the right name but there is no .Suits tld, and probably won't be due because it would be so limited.

Red.Suit
Blue.Suit
Green.Suit
Navy.Suit

Well that's a start...

;)

•••
I don't want to piss in anyone's cheerios....

But let's get to the reality of things here.

1. The .men extension only has 102,000 registrations.

2. 49,000 of those registrations are parked.

We need to expect a huge drop ratio over the next year time frame.

Numbers like these cannot sustain a thriving business model.

Numbers don't lie....

As for appraisal, I'm going to say it's worth what you paid for it.

Here is an image to discredit your point. The majority of registrations have occurred within the past year, this extension isn't even two years old and your trying to say that "Numbers don't lie". Well, guess what there have been over 75k registrations in just the past 2 months, which is massive growth for the tld, with the majority of people like locking in their investments long term. There has been 2.5k registrations in the past week and this extension has quickly become one of the better run ngtlds with such a cheap renewal. This is the kind of pricing structure that KEEPS businesses running and its been an excellent move by Famous Four Media.

CytbiAj.png

•••
I did give you an appraisal....

It's worth what you paid for it.

Reg-fee.

Put it on any auction platform with a high reserve to protect your asset.

This will give you a very clear indication of its current value.

You may even like my reg-fee appraisal after that.

I'm not saying these things to downgrade you or the domain.

I'm saying these things from experience and past mistakes I made and learned from.

Kevin
Its not worth my time. I won't be putting this on any auction platforms because, that is not the best mechanism to sell ngtlds at this time. When we reach 2020, I might give an auction a second thought, but even that is unlikely.

•••
Your also making the wrong assumption by assuming that one sale accounts for all aftermarket transactions for the tld, discounting private sales that you are not privy too.

The same can be said with any extensions. Far more .COM sell than are actually reported.

There is no reason to believe that .MEN sales are disproportionately higher than other extensions that are not reported. The bottom line is low reported sales = low overall sales.

A reg fee appraisal in the current market is basically what it is worth.
In the future who knows...

Brad

•••
Don't fall for the ngtld domainer hype, it will end up costing you money in wasted renewals.

Most companies don't even know they exist, so unless you plan on developing it, I would let this one go.

1 reported .men sale

indoset.men 210 USD 2016-03-29 Uniregistry

Good luck in whatever you decide
Thanks for your opinion Giles, I really appreciate it. I'm not letting it go...I have my own set timeline for when I will market this name and that is not any time soon. Probably in 2021.

•••
I prefer a single word with a new extension, the perfect match to the left and the right of the dot. I think those will be the ones with the most value. Once you put two words in front of the dot, there are so many combinations available, I think the value drops.

For $10, suitsfor.men is not a bad name and even with 10 years of renewals you will probably make a profit. Personally I would not load up on those names, spend a bit more now when the market is weak and grab the names that are a perfect match. That is my two cents anyway.

Last edited:
•••
I prefer a single word with a new extension, the perfect match to the left and the right of the dot. I think those will be the ones with the most value. Once you put two words in front of the dot, there are so many combinations available, I think the value drops.

For $10, suitsfor.men is not a bad name and even with 10 years of renewals you will probably make a profit. Personally I would not load up on those names, spend a bit more now when the market is weak and grab the names that are a perfect match. That is my two cents anyway.

Thats thing though people don't seem to understand. I'm not paying anymore renewals... for $10 I got the name and 10 years of renewals, in other words I spent 10$ for the name until 2027, its a 3 word emd ngtld, I'm not taking to much risk with this because there is a difference between a domainer and end users preference.

This isn't even my best ngtld, in terms of emds I've also got Fishing.Tools, a name that I won't be letting go for a while...its not fishing.equipment but, the next best emd ngtld that matches the left and right of the dot. It would take an extremely good offer for me to consider selling that in this market.

•••
Thats thing though people don't seem to understand. I'm not paying anymore renewals... for $10 I got the name and 10 years of renewals.

Sorry, I missed that somehow.

•••
A couple thoughts:
  • This one is clumsy, I don't like it visually, for branding purposes it won't work well
  • people will always have to remember where to put the dot, is it suitsfor.men, suits.formen, oh not it must be suitsformen.com ?
  • like Ecalc said, prepositions in domain names tend to diminish value
  • like Ecalc said, alternatives exist
  • plus, four (and two, three) are possibly confusing in domain names
  • I think new extensions work best with single keyword + TLD, where both left and right and the dot make sense as a combo eg. good.men
  • in my view it is a domain hack, most names in new extensions qualify as hacks for me. Of course, they are not like bitco.in where the keyword is split in the middle. Here the keywords are separated by the dot. Nonetheless, the left of the dot cannot be dissociated from the TLD itself: 'suitsfor' wouldn't make sense. On the other hand bitcoin.com is a self-contained brand. But we can leave that as a technicality.
  • the fact that similar domains like GiftsFor.Men are flagged as premium by the registry carries no weight at all, the pricing set by registries doesn't reflect any kind of end user demand. IMO this was just a crumb left by the registry and I don't think it's an oversight on their part.
  • I don't lend much value to EMDs unless they are .com. Search volume doesn't mean built-in traffic until the name is developed. Any domain can be developed after all.
  • More relevant question: how many names sell in new TLDs because they are EMD ?
  • Is there a pool of possible end users ? I think the most obvious end user would be suitsformen.com but they don't need it
  • the fact that is was cheap doesn't mean it's worth considerably more than what you paid for, plenty of names can be had in new extensions for cheap.
  • it lacks branding potential overall
In short, if you are waiting for an user he/she will never come IMO. You have better domains than this one.

•••
suitsformen.com is a nice site. Mr Hicks mens wear in Alabama.
And it is a great name.
.men i don't think will be around in 10 years as with most new G's so I have to say reg fee

•••
its a hack domain, accept it, there are others like me that appreciate the hack. I have boobtu.be and look and namescon auctioning boob.tube. Who knows? kudos

•••
I call them hacks too. Glad there are others that think the same way

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back