domain Financial.Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
Not planning on selling this anytime soon as I've completely cut down the ngtld section of my portfolio and decided to only have room for 2-3 premium ones that can be developed.

With that said what are your thoughts?

Renewals are a little over $100 a year. Not great but not horrible either. With some work it could pay for itself.

Slader

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Slader, Financial.Help is a great domain, congrats!

I think the renewal is great also.

I am sure this domain will make you both happy and unhappy.

Happy cause you will be satisfied after selling it.

Unhappy because you will no longer have this domain in your portfolio.

:xf.smile:

•••
"Financial help" has a whopping 3.9k monthly searches in google, the amount of results a google search has is useless. Not exactly sure why people think this is some sort of keyword gem let alone a xx,xxx name. There hasn't been a .help sale in over a year, and those sales are all for pretty random keywords by the registry

•••
Okay, I suppose using hyphens is a matter of taste, as well as the niche and how the domain is going to be used..Hyphenated domains still sell.

I would also ask is anyone already seriously using this phrase in one of their domains?
I find small websites like
http://www.lowincomefinancialhelp.com/
http://financialhelpdesk.com/
https://www.financialhelpresources.com/
Someone could come along who really wants to use the phrase financial help, but if a domainer is buying in TLDs that are so speculative and can cost $100/year, it seems unsafe to invest in a phrase that is not already seriously used by many companies in their domains.

I agree .org and maybe .net would be better than the hyphenated .com, but (if you won't accept a 4 figure offer), I'm not sure what's going to entice a buyer to pay $10,000 plus for Financial.Help instead of going for the .org or ccTLD, which are probably cheaper, in addition to looking and sounding more authoritative than a new TLD hack, in my opinion.

Same thing that enticed buyers to buy Live.Bingo this week for $6100 and many other word.word domain hacks that have sold in the 4-5 figure range, it's the direct alternative to the exact match .com, do you see live-bingo.com selling for the same amount? Or the . net/.org/.us? Thats just not the way the market works anymore and sales over the past year have proven this. You really don't see that many two word EMD .org/.net domain's selling for that much anymore and I don't think $100 isn't a lot of money for a domain to be renewed by a business every year, it comes to less than $10 a month which is very manageable. For a geo targeted company the cctld would make sense but any company marketing globally or just in the US, wouldn't have very much incentive.

•••
Okay, I suppose using hyphens is a matter of taste, as well as the niche and how the domain is going to be used..Hyphenated domains still sell.

I would also ask is anyone already seriously using this phrase in one of their domains?
I find small websites like
http://www.lowincomefinancialhelp.com/
http://financialhelpdesk.com/
https://www.financialhelpresources.com/
Someone could come along who really wants to use the phrase financial help, but if a domainer is buying in TLDs that are so speculative and can cost $100/year, it seems unsafe to invest in a phrase that is not already seriously used by many companies in their domains.

I agree .org and maybe .net would be better than the hyphenated .com, but (if you won't accept a 4 figure offer), I'm not sure what's going to entice a buyer to pay $10,000 plus for Financial.Help instead of going for the .org or ccTLD, which are probably cheaper, in addition to looking and sounding more authoritative than a new TLD hack, in my opinion.
I won't accept 4 figures because I have a long term outlook for this name. It's a robust niche and I'm content with refusing offers for this name until I get my price. I make enough per month flipping/selling now to be comfortable with a couple of names of this type.

•••
Slader, Financial.Help is a great domain, congrats!

I think the renewal is great also.

I am sure this domain will make you both happy and unhappy.

Happy cause you will be satisfied after selling it.

Unhappy because you will no longer have this domain in your portfolio.

:xf.smile:
Well said.

•••
You sit on goldmine. I hate ngtld's, but I totally love this one. Renew it for 10 years, and have sweet dreams.

•••
Loan.Help isn't exactly a top word.help combination due to the keyword search metrics, which is why it isn't taken. Math, Debt, Tax, Tech, Financial, Medical, Resume...those are much, much better. I had the choice of buying it and so did many other ngtld domainers...so far everyone has skipped it...
I applaud you and your fellow travelers for skipping loan.help. The nominal utility value of domains has been carved in stone by the happy chiselers at Verisign. It's $10/yr. Anything above that is 211/usury territory. As lolwarrior pointed out it'll cost $1200 (uncapped) to carry financial.help for 10 years. That kind of money can buy stodgy old names that earn reg fee parked and don't drag size 10x anchors. If dot helps were selling like hotcakes I'd understand the enthusiasm but given the state of the market all I can do is scratch my head. Could be eczema.

•••
I applaud you and your fellow travelers for skipping loan.help. The nominal utility value of domains has been carved in stone by the happy chiselers at Verisign. It's $10/yr. Anything above that is 211/usury territory. As lolwarrior pointed out it'll cost $1200 (uncapped) to carry financial.help for 10 years. That kind of money can buy stodgy old names that earn reg fee parked and don't drag size 10x anchors. If dot helps were selling like hotcakes I'd understand the enthusiasm but given the state of the market all I can do is scratch my head. Could be eczema.

Whether or not it's plausible to $1200 in fees over 10 years entirely depends on your opportunity cost and risk appetite. I'm experienced with ngtlds and understand the mechanics of their pricing. I said earlier that I'd only be keeping 2-3 premiums as my only ngtlds. So I'm not scratching my head I've got this planned out.

•••
"Financial help" has a whopping 3.9k monthly searches in google, the amount of results a google search has is useless. Not exactly sure why people think this is some sort of keyword gem let alone a xx,xxx name. There hasn't been a .help sale in over a year, and those sales are all for pretty random keywords by the registry

Sorry wrong. Google AdWords keyword planner shows 5,400.

•••
Whether or not it's plausible to $1200 in fees over 10 years entirely depends on your opportunity cost and risk appetite. I'm experienced with ngtlds and understand the mechanics of their pricing. I said earlier that I'd only be keeping 2-3 premiums as my only ngtlds. So I'm not scratching my head I've got this planned out.

What are the other 2 new G`s that you are planing to hold on?

•••
What are the other 2 new G`s that you are planing to hold on?

Can't disclose them at this time, unlike this one I registered, I'm trying to negotiate to buy the other two from other domainers so disclosing them without actually owning them would be unethical. All I can say is they are also in the finance niche. When I have them in my account, I'll make another appraisal thread.

•••
It's a beauty, no doubt about it. I think the premium renewal is worth it, even as long-term. I have a couple with those kind of renewals as well, but we have to be careful not to become too conditioned to them. As far as it's value, well only you and the buyer can really determine that, but this kind of name can only get BETTER with time.

@Kate mentioned about financial.help having a negative connotation and keeping away from these types of domains. I get the point, but this domain doesn't exude negativity, on the contrary, it invites one to seek resolution. Looks and sounds better than any bankrupcy or debt consolidation name. Financial(dot)Services could hold a candle to it, but your name is far more popular in searches.

•••
•••
Great name. Well worth the renewal (IMO).

99% of the world needs/wants what you're selling. ;)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Ntld who knows $ sell it fast if you can.

•••
Really A Four Figure Domain $$$$

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back