Dynadot

domain SUITSFOR.MEN (AN NGTLD THAT WORKS)

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
Non-Premium Renewals.

I currently own it until 2023, with the added coupons I've paid about $6.50 for 6 years of ownership and I'll be maxing it out for the full 10 years after I complete a quick $4 sale of one of my .coms, just waiting for the paypal payment.

The best .com domain for suits other than suit.com or suits.com is 100% MensSuits.com(There is no NGTLD equivalent). I am trying to create price competition for my name as the 4th best due to the fact that it is the emd competitor of the .com SuitsForMen.com.

I have the advantage of locked in renewals for the next 10 years for the domain and renewal at a price below .COM renewal fees.

Here is the Important Data

O5UtONN.png

Source: Domain Index

For an EndUser this could be a great name for an online store selling Men's suits. .Men is imho a pretty weak ngtld but this is probably one of the best uses of the tld on the entire internet. Any end user buying into the name now would be saving years of renewal fees ( which rocket back up soon) and be able to focus mainly on marketing and advertising the name as the .com doesn't even rank for its own keyword (original owner is end user), just check out the domain now www.suitsformen.com, not much done at all in terms of development.

Since I'll be locking this up for a few years I'm interesting in leaving this thread open and seeing how peoples opinions vary over the years. It'll be fun.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
suitsformen.com is a nice site. Mr Hicks mens wear in Alabama.
And it is a great name.
.men i don't think will be around in 10 years as with most new G's so I have to say reg fee

•••
suitsformen.com is a nice site. Mr Hicks mens wear in Alabama.
And it is a great name.
.men i don't think will be around in 10 years as with most new G's so I have to say reg fee

Thanks for your opinion. However, I don't see .men going anywhere, being owned by Famous Four Media its still got plenty of legs today and 10 years from today.

•••
its a hack domain, accept it, there are others like me that appreciate the hack. I have boobtu.be and look and namescon auctioning boob.tube. Who knows? kudos

•••
I call them hacks too. Glad there are others that think the same way

•••
Great domain and loads of potential I would say....

Problem is that you asking for an appraisal is likely going to turn this into another thread like the other one :xf.grin:...lol - too many psychics on NP who have these magic crystal balls that can tell the future and knows exactly what the market is going to do.

•••
This isn't a hack its an emd ngtld. Google treats it as an exact match phrase. There is no two letter cctld ending on the name it ends with the EXACT MATCH key word used in the 3 word phrase. A Hack would be SuitsForM.en(.en doesn't exist) and most, if not all ngtld domainers would agree with me on this. Its high time legacy domainers start doing their research because calling this name a hack is about as wrong as it gets....

•••
its a hack domain, accept it, there are others like me that appreciate the hack. I have boobtu.be and look and namescon auctioning boob.tube. Who knows? kudos
It is NOT a domain hack please read the following.

A domain hack is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or name when concatenating two or more adjacent levels of that domain.[1][2][3] For example, "bir.ds" and "examp.le", using the fictitious country-code domains .ds and .le, suggest the word birds and example respectively. In this context, the word hack denotes a clever trick (as in programming), not an exploit or break-in (as in security).

Domain hacks offer the ability to produce short domain names. This makes them potentially valuable as redirectors, pastebins, base domains from which to delegate subdomains and URL shortening services.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack

•••
Time someone updated wikipedia :xf.wink:

This article has multiple issues. :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
ok, sorry to compliment your domain the wrong way. geesh

•••
Time someone updated wikipedia :xf.wink:

ok, sorry to compliment your domain the wrong way. geesh

Just trying to make sure everyone is one the same page, a lot of the confusion with ngtlds comes from people who don't actually understand the value proposition they provide to end users. It makes no sense to lump emd gtlds with domain hacks because by nature and by definition they are dissimilar and should be treated as separate entities as well as entirely different investment classes.

I'm going to leave this thread open for as long as possible because as the expansion of the internet continues, it will be interesting to see how peoples opinions change. This name is not only in the top 1% of the .MEN registry its also in the top 1% of NGTLD's in general because EMD's ngtlds with this kind of search volume are held as registry premiums with high buy now costs and renewals, in an attempt to remove the domainer from the equation. GiftsFor.Men for example is a registry premium selling for $2360, and this is the reduce priced as it was much higher in early 2016. Luckily when this name dropped it was not retained by the registry as a premium once again and became available for use with standard pricing.

These are the opportunities you must look for. People can hate all they want, I'll continue making moves like this because I see the massive potential and ROI of EMD ngtlds.

You can call me crazy for holding it for 10 years but, I am now in the position to quote high prices and wait for the right end user to come, I've got plenty of time and I'm hedged for the future by taking advantage of limited time $.99 renewal costs. I can now execute price arbitrage until I sell the name for a price I feel desirable.

•••
Despite the sales pitch, I don't see much value in this one.

There is no comparison between this and top notch .COM either in terms of demand or value.

Brad

•••
two or more adjacent levels of that domain
First level SuitsFor
Second level .men

And you can quote any price you want, I too am in a position to quote high prices.

Your example giftsfor.men is a perfect example of a sale that results in a blank page.
That is a big.help in promoting the new G's

•••
two or more adjacent levels of that domain
First level SuitsFor
Second level .men

And you can quote any price you want, I too am in a position to quote high prices.

Your example giftsfor.men is a perfect example of a sale that results in a blank page.
That is a big.help in promoting the new G's

That isn't a sale. Thats a registry held premium.

•••
oh, my mistake. It will never sell at that price, expect another drop. The registry/domainers have to drop prices

•••
Despite the sales pitch, I don't see much value in this one.

There is no comparison between this and top notch .COM either in terms of demand or value.

Brad
Look. I'm not here to make a sales pitch, only express what I feel about what I own. If you think there is no comparison then that is your opinion, nothing more nothing less, this is an appraisal section after all. I'm not looking to get teamed up by people who have preconceived bias towards a legacy tld. I appreciate your opinion and respect your experience. Lets see how things go in a few years, mind you I'm 90% invested in .com.

•••
Take Barber.blog $279 a year. They are making a laughing stock of themselves.
And that's 279 a year. Some extensions will make it. Do hope you sell your .men for high xx,xxx but until then these new extensions better keep dropping their premium prices or more people will be laughing than crying

•••
Take Barber.blog $279 a year. They are making a laughing stock of themselves.
And that's 279 a year. Some extensions will make it. Do hope you sell your .men for high xx,xxx but until then these new extensions better keep dropping their premium prices or more people will be laughing than crying

You should check what I wrote in the "State of the new G's thread", the registrars of these new extensions are easing up on pricing and releasing registry held premiums or not retaining premiums that have dropped. This is how opportunities like the one I've just encountered, exist. Its ok to love .com but to be ignorant of other trends in domain markets out of bias will keep you and other legacy tld domainers from taking advantage of this expansion of the internet at the early stage its in. I've got this name for the next ten years, it will be interesting to see your opinions change over time.

One thing is for sure, if you don't take advantage now, you'll suffer in the long run it won't take long before people are thinking the same thing about ngtlds, its best not to assume what people will want based on what you think is good for them as a domainer because, you'll want them to eat your .com's all day. When the time comes the markets will speak for themselves, but mind you, the train has already left the station.

•••
One thing is for sure, if you don't take advantage now, you'll suffer in the long run it won't take long before people are thinking the same thing about ngtlds, its best not to assume what people will want based on what you think is good for them as a domainer because, you'll want them to eat your .com's all day. When the time comes the markets will speak for themselves, but mind you, the train has already left the station.

Not really. Often the first movers are the ones who end up taking the vast majority of the losses.

If new gTLD ever really do take off then there will be plenty of investing opportunities just like there has been with .COM for many years and still is today.

Best of luck.

Brad

•••
Not really. Often the first movers are the ones who end up taking the vast majority of the losses.

If new gTLD ever really do take off then there will be plenty of investing opportunities just like there has been with .COM for many years and still is today.

Best of luck.

Brad

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I highly respect your opinion. In terms or acquiring names in the top 1% of ngtlds, opportunities are running out a lot faster than you think, because the growth and pace of the adoption is happening at an incredible pace. I'm heavily invested in .com and take a very pragmatic approach to ngtlds, in this particular case I've spent less than $10, for a domain with exponentially more long term ROI potential than most of my current stock of .coms, except for maybe the one premium in my signature. You may not like it or see any value in it past reg fee, but, it is a high search volume emd for an industry in which 5 figures is spent, at the very minimum on monthly advertising budgets for this keyword and that number will only continue to grow as more players enter the market looking to be more competitive. Will they want this name? Who knows, no one person other than those in the direct line of power at these businesses can answer that question. I have 10 years to wait, test the market, feel out their dispositions and watch as the ngtld market develops with the aim to sell the name for a price I find desirable.

People make the mistake of taking these appraisals too seriously. I see the market one way, you see it another way I'm glad you expressed your beliefs in an effort to advise me, so I'm very thankful.

Last edited:
•••
I like the name, but what I really love is the pricing. To get perfect domain name and have it locked for 10 years with total costs of $10 is very clever move imo.

It can be a great brand for any company in that niche, and you have now 10 years to maximize your profit. If you do not sell it in 10 years (and I am sure you will sell it with huge profit) worst case is you can loose 10 dollars.

I think this is really no-brainer here :)

•••
I like the name, but what I really love is the pricing. To get perfect domain name and have it locked for 10 years with total costs of $10 is very clever move imo.

It can be a great brand for any company in that niche, and you have now 10 years to maximize your profit. If you do not sell it in 10 years (and I am sure you will sell it with huge profit) worst case is you can loose 10 dollars.

I think this is really no-brainer here :)

I agree, for the nominal cost the upside could be huge. Although, I wonder if Suits.Men would be better?

•••
I agree, for the nominal cost the upside could be huge. Although, I wonder if Suits.Men would be better?
Maybe, its not an emd though Mens.Suits would be the right name but there is no .Suits tld, and probably won't be due because it would be so limited.

•••
Maybe, its not an emd though Mens.Suits would be the right name but there is no .Suits tld, and probably won't be due because it would be so limited.

Red.Suit
Blue.Suit
Green.Suit
Navy.Suit

Well that's a start...

;)

•••
Red.Suit
Blue.Suit
Green.Suit
Navy.Suit

Well that's a start...

;)
All of those can be bought at SuitsFor.Men :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back