Payoneer

Suggestion: Bump Button

Discussion in 'NamePros Comments and Feedback' started by Ategy.com, Jun 19, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Ategy.com

Ategy.com Business Member Business Account

So while I really don't have experience with xF, or even back-end forum hacking in over a decade, I'm pretty sure the following is certainly doable.

A “Bump Button” hack .. just a button at the bottom of the thread in bumpable forums that:

1- Shows up only for the original poster after the forum's allowed “bump time”.

2- Pressing the button would automatically add a "Bump" to the thread.

3- At the same time simultaneously deleting any previous “Bump”.

3b- You could also make it so that ANY new post effectively deletes any previous "Bump".

I used to do little hacks like this on my old vB based forum all the time .. it’s been 15 years and you use xF .. so I doubt I could really help make it .. but xF is supposed to be infinitely easier to do this sort of thing .. and I doubt it would take more than few hours work for someone who knows their way around xF code/templates.

This would help:

1- Keep threads a lot cleaner and make real information easier to find.
    2- Keep post counts more accurate because in all honesty "Bump" should not count towards a person's posting total as it really isn't content in any way.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Cyberian

Cyberian Member Services, NamePros Member Services Business Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hello Ategy.com,

That is an outstanding suggestion.
    I'm sure Admin & Tech will A) See if it is doable, and B) Add it to the list if it is.

Thank you.

Peace,
    Cyberian

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!