Dynadot

Suggestion: Unique Replies Counter

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

turbo funk

Established Member
Impact
an idea came to me while searching through some of the domains being sold here. i think this would make threads a bit easier to analyze while you're scrolling through.

a lot of people bump their own threads which racks up the reply count and gives the impression that there are discussions going on. then you get disappointed when you hop into the thread and find a bunch of bumps.

which is all good, this is more of a 'quality of life' suggestion lol nothing site breaking, but i'm sure it would be appreciated by a lot of people without even realizing it

so, basically its another reply counter on the threads, except it counts the unique posters in a thread instead. so if it's only one person bumping, it will show:

replies: 7
unique replies: 1

that's basically it
lmk if i need to explain it better! :xf.grin:(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your idea.

Each thread has "View Metrics" under Options with the following:
  1. Replies, excluding replies from thread creator
  2. Members who responded with a reply
#2 is the one that you want, right?

•••
a lot of people bump their own threads which racks up the reply count and gives the impression that there are discussions going on. then you get disappointed when you hop into the thread and find a bunch of bumps.
We're also planning to use a button instead of posts to bump threads. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back