Dynadot

Strato.com is Another Worse Registrar

NameSilo
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
Domainers should be very careful of typical registrar like strato.com. It happened that I registered TallDresser.com with them with their promo 01/04/2017 and I am very surprised that my Card was charged since 16/03/2018 for renewal of the domain and the domain is not renewed up to date.
The worse scenario is that they do not have customer care contact where one can get across to them and now the domain has expired since 31st March 2018 and they have not renew the domain after the charging of my card.

I now intend to transfer the domain out of their service but the money charged may not be reversed

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've learned to stick with the reputable registrars. Not worth it to toss money at random no-names and pray I will still have them later on or hope to not be overcharged or scammed in some other way.

•••
strato is one the the worst registrar. No support, 30 days auto pre-renewal and very poor dashboard.

I will never use them again.

•••
Agree with @creataweb. Seems like these new/small registrars are not worth the hassle even with the nice promotions they run.

•••
File for a chargeback. Don't think you lose anything by burning bridges with shitty registrars!

•••
File for a chargeback. Don't think you lose anything by burning bridges with sh*tty registrars!
Yap! I will do that. Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back