Dynadot

Is This A Good Registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
I happened to have sold a name at namejet and the domain remains in my account even six months after been transferred to the new owner and the worse thing is that the registrar is now asking me to renew the domain name.

Though the name is carrying the new owner's profiles in the Whois.

I don't know which of the two registrar I should blame for this problem - possessed or the transferred registrar should be blamed for this mess.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Jet" implies speed. You're lucky they are not Namehorse!

•••
•••
So was it transfered to a different registrar or transfered (pushed) to the buyers account at the same registrar?

If it was actually transfered to a different registrar, and assuming it's .com, who is the registrar listed when you search Verisign's WHOIS? If it is not your registrar they are clearly just mistaken.

•••
Connectreseller??
I don't think I should expose them for it could be a mistake. because I have transferred out from them before and there was no problem. It just look curious to me and that is why I brought it here

•••
•••
So was it transfered to a different registrar or transfered (pushed) to the buyers account at the same registrar?

It was transfered to the new owner successfully but the domain remains in my account and they are asking me to renew it

If it was actually transfered to a different registrar, and assuming it's .com, who is the registrar listed when you search Verisign's WHOIS? If it is not your registrar they are clearly just mistaken.
It was transferred to the registrar but the wonderful thing there is that the domain is still in my account and they are asking me to renew. I tested the renewal it is possible but I did not pay for the renewal in order not to cause problem for the owner.
That means the domain is now in two account? My own account and the new owner account

•••
It was transferred to the registrar but the wonderful thing there is that the domain is still in my account and they are asking me to renew. I tested the renewal it is possible but I did not pay for the renewal in order not to cause problem for the owner.
That means the domain is now in two account? My own account and the new owner account

But it is showing at the new registrar in WHOIS? If so than the old registrar had a bug that didn't remove the domain from their internal database so they think they are the registrar still even though they aren't. In that case contact their support and tell them you got this domain listed in your account that is no longer at their registrar and they should be able to get it fixed.

•••
But it is showing at the new registrar in WHOIS? If so than the old registrar had a bug that didn't remove the domain from their internal database so they think they are the registrar still even though they aren't. In that case contact their support and tell them you got this domain listed in your account that is no longer at their registrar and they should be able to get it fixed.
Thanks OK I will do that, but is this normal ?

Last edited:
•••
No, this is not normal. I faced exact same problem with my local registrar last week.

I opened a ticket ask them about it. First, they tell me that the domain was moved to another registrar, and can not be managed on their panel anymore.

Then I asked again, "it is still in my account.". The removed / canceled the domain from my account after that.

It looks like some registrar still doing it manually.

Thanks OK I will do that, but is this normal ?

•••
I believe you cannot control the name at all and what you are seeing is not the actual domain name. Maybe you are talking about Domain.com and its family of companies which had this issue from back when I had names with them. It always happened and it would show me even the count down to the expiration day and number of days remaining when in fact the name was no longer my name.

•••
I believe you cannot control the name at all and what you are seeing is not the actual domain name. Maybe you are talking about Domain.com and its family of companies which had this issue from back when I had names with them. It always happened and it would show me even the count down to the expiration day and number of days remaining when in fact the name was no longer my name.
It seems I can still transfer because I tested the transfer but only I did not pay for the transfer. You know I still have the auth code with me for the first transfer. I have all my domain names auth code kept in one place should in case of late renewals.

Last edited:
•••
It seems I can still transfer because I tested the transfer but only I did not pay for the transfer. You know I still have the auth code with me for the first transfer. I have all my domain names auth code kept in one place should in case of late renewals.
I dont think it will work specially if the registrar is from those

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back