Dynadot

Anyone knows register.it or strato.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tommy2004

Established Member
Impact
I want to transfer my domain out of doteasy.com to some other cheaper place. It will expire pretty soon. So, I went through some of threads on this site, and I found out register.it and strato.com are both giving lowest price for domain register/ transfer. I had browsed both sites.

Basically, register.it is owned by italian and it offer only 0,45 € for domain transfer. Its the cheapest I found so far. But, some of the pages on their site is in italian language. which I don't understand at all. When I contacted them through live chat, they chat with me in italian since they can't chat in English. This is the only way to contact them since there is no email address available for me to contact them. From the reply on some threads, I get to know that their promos are only for EU residents. But, I'm not from EU. I'm wondering whether register.it only serve the customers from EU or not.

On the other hand, strato.com is owned by german and it offer USD 0.96 for domain transfer. I already sent an email to them two days ago to ask more about domain transfer. Till now I am still waiting for their reply.

So, I want you guys to help me reviewing register.it and/or strato.com. If you know anything about them, pls let me know. I can save a few bucks if one of them is really reliable.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only want to have my .com domain with strato.com, but keeping my hosting with 1and1. I use cloudflare to resolve dns for this domain. So, is that mean I can't use cloudflare anymore if my domain is with strato?
if you know what the term name server means, then clearly you can't set any nameserver. Definitely you can't set cloudfare nameservers on your domain in strato.

•••
I got reply from strato. This is what they wrote to me

"Once you have ordered your domain name and the transfer has been completed, you will be able to connect your domains name via A-Record to an IP of your choice. If you are wanting to point your domain name via CNAME or NS record, this will only be possible over a sub-domain. STRATO do not offer these records for the root domain."

yeah, I remember that last time I had to set cloudflare nameserver to manage my domain for me when my domain was still with 1and1. So, if I want to have domain on strato, I can't user cloudflare anymore. I really like to use cloudflare. If thats the case, I have to forget about strato. Thanks winterborn!

•••
strato is german and as far as I know own by german telekom
I would never ever use them

•••
•••
•••
Already about 1 hour after ordering your STRATO hosting package, you will receive an email from STRATO with the confirmation that you can start using your STRATO package.

•••
strato = german telekom
expect same quality of support as 1&1 ( german big company too )

•••
•••
•••
I thought register.it were bad (as far as cpanel etc). Then I opened an account with Strato. Even if they offered me free domain registrations I still wouldn't use their service. Absolutely shocking control panel, to do basic tasks like update DNS is a mission. Avoid them like the plague imo.

Register.it are grand, just a bit of a pain to update dns (no bulk option). To transfer out you have to contact support for auth codes etc which isn't entirely convenient. But overall they're ok.

Last edited:
•••
If you would like to transfer to STRATO with a domain, it is necessary to enter the AuthInfo for identification. You can enter the AuthInfo Code for the provider change directly during the order process.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back