IT.COM

strategy Strategy to sell domains at least 50-100$

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ImperiousDon

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Making xxxxx in year dosent make you successful! Its just peanuts. You would be making xxxxxx selling to end users

Thats what I am saying you do not need blog!

Booth brothers are not domainers. They are brokers.

And no making 2000 more selling to other domainers dosent make you succesful!

Thanks
I'm talking about pure profit...and I wonder how could you sell the same domains in a single first year by selling to end users. I know that you are selling mostly domains bought 10 years or more. So waiting 10 years for making xxxxxx profit it's worth it, comparable with making xxxxx selling in the first year and reinvest that amount? It's pure math...count that xxxxx amount, reinvested over and over for 10 years and you will have the final result. We are not even talking about domains that could loose value in this time and domains which you will not sell ever in your life...if you add them to the total you will see what means successful.
No, they are not just brokers, they are domainers as well, you can't broker your own domains, they own a few hundreds domains.

•••
Well at least we all agree that the goal is to acquire very nice domains and sell them to end users for top $. If you are in a position where you succeed at selling to other domainers in order to invest, that can also be successful.

•••
Not true. They charge 20%, $15 minimum, in commission. I think their minimum price is $50.
I did a tiny $133 a few weeks ago on Undeveloped and got something like $121 in my paypal. So I think it might be 9-10%.

"Transaction closed - We just sent the payment of $121.03. This transaction is now closed. Again, congratulations and thank you for using Undeveloped!"

Very nice people to deal with.

Last edited:
•••
I did a tiny $133 a few weeks ago on Undeveloped and got something like $121 in my paypal. So I think it might be 9-10%.

"Transaction closed - We just sent the payment of $121.03. This transaction is now closed. Again, congratulations and thank you for using Undeveloped!"

Very nice people to deal with.

Congrats on the sale and glad to hear the process went smoothly! Can someone else confirm that they charge less than $15 minimum, as their website seems to say they have do charge 20% with $15 minimum.

https://www.afternic.com/sell-domains

They do at the top say they have the lowest commission in the industry, clearly not true at 20%, so is it possible they lowered it to compete with Undeveloped but forgot to update their page? There must be others who have had recent sales on Afternic who can confirm.

•••
Well there is no single strategy . Further Every one has their own strategy and no one is wrong in that..
I personally deal in hand register domains and purchase around 300 domains per months (geo and keyword)... normally I sell around 10% of the same via outbound and I have a dedicated team for the same. I sale 50% to resellers in low to mid xx range within first few months itself... I hold 5-10% for long term as u do get such decent domains even in daily expiry list... lastly I drop 20% of the remaining lot or sell at namepros for 1-2$ each.
My average acquisition cost is $4 and average end user sale price is $300 and reseller price is $20 so in nutshell I am in healthy profit on monthly basis...
However it didn't happen overnight and it took over a year to reach this stage...

I'd like to hire some of your team on one of their days off :xf.grin:

•••
You can hire your own team and start with outbound... Though it takes time to run outbound on auto mode... feel free to let me know if I can be of any assistance
Yes I had a small team but I like yours better. (y)

•••
•••
•••
You build a the website get some good content on website. Make business model like a affiliate and sell it as a system for make money at at price of $50 and $100. If you make sales even , show off and make more money by selling it.

•••
You think it would be easy to flip at really cheap prices, but you will put in the same effort as you would on a mid $xxx domain.

Good point.

•••
Agreed again. But targeting domain sales of $500 - $1,000 is hardly going overboard and flying to the moon :xf.wink:

Respectfully, I have to agree to disagree with you on this count all the way! Thinking big has no such prerequisites! :xf.grin::xf.grin:

Ok good point on the last part

•••
If I really can?? Lol you guys have no clue and I will never write a book

•••
For me I sell names at all levels from xx to xxxxx

I move a lot of volume. You cant see my vision you only see your assumption stats lol my method works well so Paul your wrong I'm not going to try and break down my strategy if you lack the knowledge to do what I do that's on you

And @nyjumbo if you open u your eyes some you will find a link for $1 .coms on namepros good luck

You also asked where you can sell handregs yo resellers well one of the best places on earth is NAMEPROS

I.... lack the knowledge?

•••
OK, fair enough. As a purveyor of wholesale inventory I agree that STR is higher on domains that go cheaply (let's call it 5%) but it's still not high enough to make up for the cost of acquisitions and renewals, much less the value of your own time.
Agreed on this last... metrics aside, life is simply too short to play for proverbial peanuts. Seriously, we, each of us, have a relatively short time on this earth, something many newcomers, that is younger people, do not appreciate yet. A decade or two ago, neither have I! Hence my suggestion that OP up his game right out of the door and target the $500 - $1,000 low to mid-end end user market with all the pitfalls that implies.

Last edited:
•••
@Paul Nicks do you tell everyone where you get your domains?? And how ?? Do u tell everyone all your methods and secrets?? Please share them all so we can all know everything you do and make your life 10x harder

•••
All I smell is hate. Well one guy could do this and I cant. This cant be true it just cant be! I didnt reinvent the dam wheel I just offered a strategy that works if done right

•••
Defensive yes I dont ike being called I liar or being interrogated when I'm trying to share.
Trying hard to see where I called this guy a liar..... If anyone sees it, let me know....

•••
Defensive yes I dont ike being called I liar or being interrogated when I'm trying to share.

I'm not going to watch your video

But if i had to bet it all has to do with afternic and and godaddy sales nonsense.

That's certainly your choice. FWIW the video is a discussion on how we operate one of the largest and most valuable portfolios in the world. Yes AfternicDLS plays prominently but it is more an in-depth view of how we break down our portfolio, how we price, where we see the best return etc.

•••
The trouble with targeting $50-$100 is that the math simply doesn't work. The best portfolios out there have an annual sell-through of around 2%.
Sorry. With respect to your experience, this is not exactly right in this case. You talk about "best portfolios", while we here are talking about starting small. Talking EMD, Geo, etc. Here we can really sell just anything, for cheap, yes.

•••
Register cheap
Many good names still available
Park on Uniregistry
Go outbound
Knock on the door
Build a network on LinkedIn

•••
No I am not asking to show anything!

What are they selling in twitter? I mean Frank Schilling? Is he selling domains at twitter? I think not! Mayne promoting his new tld stuff, but that needs promotion

They buy domains which are of the quality to receive regular inbound. They do use social media for outbound but obviously they don't tweet out in a 'for sale' manner.

•••
Can you give me some advice ?

The best platform for selling domains (not too surprisingly as it's the biggest site in the space) is Godaddy/Afternic.

The minimum price is $250 on Afternic. So this is your absolute minimum. You then need to make sure the landing page correctly displays the price.

As you hopefully get going in domaining, you will realise there are a lot of businesses and individuals with a lot of cash that need great domains.

You can then adopt a multi-price strategy.

Other than that, you can try NamePros forums - if it's really good name, you can get over $100 for it on NP. But it's hard even to sell a name for $20 on NamePros forums, sometimes.

•••
The minimum price is $250 on Afternic. So this is your absolute minimum. You then need to make sure the landing page correctly displays the price.
No you can sell for lower! Min offer of $250 is only for "Price Requests" afaik!

•••
Congrats on the sale and glad to hear the process went smoothly! Can someone else confirm that they charge less than $15 minimum, as their website seems to say they have do charge 20% with $15 minimum.

https://www.afternic.com/sell-domains

They do at the top say they have the lowest commission in the industry, clearly not true at 20%, so is it possible they lowered it to compete with Undeveloped but forgot to update their page? There must be others who have had recent sales on Afternic who can confirm.
Yes, this is correct. @NYJimbo was talking about Undeveloped and not afternic!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back