NameSilo

strategy Strategy to sell domains at least 50-100$

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ImperiousDon

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Strategy to sell domains at least 50-100$ :)
Ohh, boy... short version: don't bother!

Reevaluate and up your game! Think $500 - $1,000. At the very least! :xf.smile:

•••
I'll register 1000 for $1 and sell 80% for 35 peice in a few months...
If you really can do this you should write a book about it. :-P

•••
If I really can?? Lol you guys have no clue and I will never write a book
No, seriously. Where are you getting 1,000 domains for $1 each AND selling 80% of them for $35 a piece in a few months ?

•••
Let me rephrase ..lack the vision

•••
Looks like some guys have invented a perpetual motion machine ! But thats not the first time someone has done that:)

Last edited:
•••
I have the ability to sell hand regs st a higher profit then 35 each I'm sorry that u dont
Wait, you said you sell 80% of 1000 for $35. Dont change the numbers. I sell domains for a good profit. Sold a hand reg at Afternic 3 weeks ago for $1650.

But you were talking the 1000/80%/$35 thing. Not something else. If you dont want to answer my question, fine. But dont get defensive and change things around.

•••
All I smell is hate. Well one guy could do this and I cant. This cant be true it just cant be! I didnt reinvent the dam wheel I just offered a strategy that works if done right
You're very defensive right now. Sounds like shenanigans to me. Have a nice day.

•••
Register cheap
Many good names still available
Park on Uniregistry
Go outbound
Knock on the door
Build a network on LinkedIn

If you want to be successful do nothing like that!!! Thats a good example how to be not successful

•••
If you want to be successful do nothing like that!!! Thats a good example how to be not successful
Even the "network" part?

•••
Even the "network" part?
Yes! Why you need network? Your sales should be end-user based. You sell one domain and never see the buyer again!

•••
I know that the successful full time domainers use their Twitter/FB/LinkedIn/etc accounts to let other domainers (followers/etc) know that they have domain(s) for sale!

Even on Namepros, I get messages from members that I know professionally that either tell me that they have a domain for sale (in my niche), where a deal is and or I ask them if they know anyone in their circles that might be interested in what I am selling..

Maybe my understanding of networking different than yours?

Show me one successful domainer that dose that! And show me one successful domainer who hangs in namepros and messages you about some niche domains!
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm talking about pure profit...and I wonder how could you sell the same domains in a single first year by selling to end users. I know that you are selling mostly domains bought 10 years or more. So waiting 10 years for making xxxxxx profit it's worth it, comparable with making xxxxx selling in the first year and reinvest that amount? It's pure math...count that xxxxx amount, reinvested over and over for 10 years and you will have the final result. We are not even talking about domains that could loose value in this time and domains which you will not sell ever in your life...if you add them to the total you will see what means successful.
No, they are not just brokers, they are domainers as well, you can't broker your own domains, they own a few hundreds domains.

They are brokers! Owning couple hundred domains dosent make you an domainer!

Selling domains to other domainers dosent make you successful. Its simple math!

Thanks

•••
They are brokers! Owning couple hundred domains dosent make you an domainer!

Selling domains to other domainers dosent make you successful. Its simple math!

Thanks
We will have to take it as it is...and believe your statement,without any other explanation. Maybe sometimes in the future you will explain us exactly how works your math regarding being successful or not in domaining and also maybe we will have an official definition of a domainer, at least we will know who is one and who's not.

•••
I did a tiny $133 a few weeks ago on Undeveloped and got something like $121 in my paypal. So I think it might be 9-10%.

"Transaction closed - We just sent the payment of $121.03. This transaction is now closed. Again, congratulations and thank you for using Undeveloped!"

Very nice people to deal with.
According to their website it's 20%, $15 minimum.

•••
Not true. They charge 20%, $15 minimum, in commission. I think their minimum price is $50.

I am standing corrected! Not sure where I got $250 from.

•••
I did a tiny $133 a few weeks ago on Undeveloped and got something like $121 in my paypal. So I think it might be 9-10%.

"Transaction closed - We just sent the payment of $121.03. This transaction is now closed. Again, congratulations and thank you for using Undeveloped!"

Very nice people to deal with.
The comment you replied to was for Afternic and not Undeveloped!

•••
•••
Price requests require a min offer of $250 so probably from there
Damn .. yes .. just realised I've been pricing up liquidations way too high on Afternic, so very thankful for this thread!

•••
They take 20%. A $150 sale will net you $120. Clearly a lie about being the lowest.

Oh They always charge $20, except for large transactions > $5000 and small transactions < $75.

So if you sell something for $50 (20% being $10) they charge you $15. Hence $15 is minimum fees they charge.

But for selling price between $75 to $5000 they charge 20%

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back