IT.COM

advice Strange Afternic situation - had 0 sales in a month (7K names)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Now this is quite weird and I have seen nothing like it.

I'm getting offers and sales each other day at Dan where I park my domains. So things are good there.

But on the other hand, I had zero sales in the last 30 days at Afternic with arond 7K names listed. Nothing appears wrong technically, they also show up on GD, what on earth is going on? (scratching head)

My next step is to move to offer only at Afternic cause this is what I use at Dan and see what happens.

But anyway, 7 k names, out of which 4.5 K are coms and the rest a mix of .co, net and org. I know their pricing is alright, this is also reason why I get a lot of offers at Dan (got 5 today and accepted 3).

Any tips appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That doesn't sound like good news

So I said what's going on in the domain name industry right now

•••
Interesting thread, I looked up my portfolio and here are some find prints of what I found;

This does not happen on every sub site of Godaddy - I tried my home country (Pakistan) dot com did show up in search. It happened on UK/CAN, I did not try on others.

Interesting enough, names for which I have GD Auctions listing showed far better in searches than ones that were just on Afternic. GD Auctions listing showed on Canadian site right after .ca and on UK showed up. Some of my names that are not GD Auctions listing do not show up at all for UK sub site even with exact keywords.

Probably it is time to add GD Auctions listing for all names I own.

This thread certainly has me question my choice of using Afternic landing pages.

•••
•••
Interesting thread, I looked up my portfolio and here are some find prints of what I found;

This does not happen on every sub site of Godaddy - I tried my home country (Pakistan) dot com did show up in search. It happened on UK/CAN, I did not try on others.

Interesting enough, names for which I have GD Auctions listing showed far better in searches than ones that were just on Afternic. GD Auctions listing showed on Canadian site right after .ca and on UK showed up. Some of my names that are not GD Auctions listing do not show up at all for UK sub site even with exact keywords.

This thread certainly has me question my choice of using Afternic landing pages.

Hi brother, may I ask what your motivation ( why some than others ) and specific pricing strategy ( reserve / bin / starting price ) is for domains you list on GD auction.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
•••
How do you know it's not benefitting them? No one knows how much they make from those AD placements. For GoDaddy, it's just business. If there was no benefit, they won't do it

Maybe who knows.
My thinking was that if users do not find best find then they will not buy, if Ad revenue is covering losses then

Afternic domains are automatically listed in GD auctions, try yourself and search for your Afternic domains in GD auctions page ans you will find them listed.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's so powerful,
How do you spend the renewal of so many domain names

•••
Oh this is very bad.. I have just tried searching on Godaddy and I confirm what you have noticed!

I searched for keyword VeryHighly and instead of showing the the exact match .com (my domain) on top Godaddy is showing domains in the following order:
  1. veryhighly.co.uk
  2. veryhigh.co.uk
  3. veryhighly.club
  4. trulyhighly.co.uk
  5. veryhighly.tech
  6. very-highly.com
  7. veryhighly.live
  8. veryhighly.com <-- Finally!

Really Godaddy?! instead of showing closest variations in .com GD put .tech .live & .club first! they even put the hyphenated .com version before my domain!

I don't understand why they are doing this, it seems they are more interested in selling domains for $0.9 than taking a 20% commission on 4 figure sales.

I'm in Europe. I searched for VeryHighly and your name shows up right at the to and highlighted with a special banner

upload_2020-12-18_1-41-30.png

•••
I'm in Europe. I searched for VeryHighly and your name shows up right at the to and highlighted with a special banner

Show attachment 176680

The results vary from country to country:

i typed in veryhighly (in canada) and it didn't even show!

And from person to person within same country:
From Canada your VeryHighly is at the top.
If there is an algorithmic change it clearly could alter things fast.

I am not sure what is going on!

Last edited:
•••
from France without .com i get the .com yours on first
Capture d’écran 2020-12-18 à 10.23.12.png

Oh this is very bad.. I have just tried searching on Godaddy and I confirm what you have noticed!

I searched for keyword VeryHighly and instead of showing the the exact match .com (my domain) on top Godaddy is showing domains in the following order:
  1. veryhighly.co.uk
  2. veryhigh.co.uk
  3. veryhighly.club
  4. trulyhighly.co.uk
  5. veryhighly.tech
  6. very-highly.com
  7. veryhighly.live
  8. veryhighly.com <-- Finally!

Really Godaddy?! instead of showing closest variations in .com GD put .tech .live & .club first! they even put the hyphenated .com version before my domain!

I don't understand why they are doing this, it seems they are more interested in selling domains for $0.9 than taking a 20% commission on 4 figure sales.

I typed it in without the .com.

veryhighly or very highly

•••
i'm in Belgium right now

if i select UK(English) at the bottom of godaddy and type "Very Highly" The .co.uk show up

if i select United States(English) at the bottom of godaddy and type "Very Highly" The .com show up

if i select France/Belgium the .com show up

godaddy-Footer-Country-Selection.png

•••
I think domain marketplaces use CPM based algo. Because main function of domain marketplaces is advertisement. Each domain marketplace is an ad network like website ad networks such as adsense.

In my own theory, the sellers who pay more commission per impression get more impression for their domains. Therefore the same domain will get more or less impressions if listed by another seller account. Based on such a CPM based impression quantity, sellers who make more sales than the average will make more and more sales, while the sellers who make less sales than the average will make less and less sales over the time.

Their algo should be like this:

(Total commission paid by a seller account) / (Total number of impressions of his/her domains) = Commission earned by the marketplace from that seller per domain impression (aka CPM)

Last edited:
•••
Try Squadhelp or anything else

•••
Now this is quite weird and I have seen nothing like it.

I'm getting offers and sales each other day at Dan where I park my domains. So things are good there.

But on the other hand, I had zero sales in the last 30 days at Afternic with arond 7K names listed. Nothing appears wrong technically, they also show up on GD, what on earth is going on? (scratching head)

My next step is to move to offer only at Afternic cause this is what I use at Dan and see what happens.

But anyway, 7 k names, out of which 4.5 K are coms and the rest a mix of .co, net and org. I know their pricing is alright, this is also reason why I get a lot of offers at Dan (got 5 today and accepted 3).

Any tips appreciated!
I'v been traing to upload spreadsheet on Afternic with domains, associated prices and categories during last 30 days and I can't. When I asked them by emails for a possible reason why I got info - 0 domains listed, by explaining them step by step what I was doing and with attached spreadsheet in csv (comma delimited) format which I uploaded but without results, I got totaly unclear answers and all of them just after 2-3 days of waiting. I think that they have some issues because their support team seems unfocused, confused and slow. DAN is 100 times better lately.

•••
I'v been traing to upload spreadsheet on Afternic with domains, associated prices and categories during last 30 days and I can't. When I asked them by emails for a possible reason why I got info - 0 domains listed, by explaining them step by step what I was doing and with attached spreadsheet in csv (comma delimited) format which I uploaded but without results, I got totaly unclear answers and all of them just after 2-3 days of waiting. I think that they have some issues because their support team seems unfocused, confused and slow. DAN is 100 times better lately.

Send me a csv sample via DM and I'll look at it and tell you if something is off. I do this daily and no issues.

•••
@sputnik7 I had the same problem ("0 domains") a few weeks ago. Then I tried uploading the same, unchanged CSV a couple of hours later and it worked. So I guess there are some glitches at the receiving end. Haven't experienced it since then, but maybe it helps.

•••
As mentioned by many here it looks like some kind of change or disruption in partner reseller search, and listings which maybe affecting sales for many. As well in about a week, the epik fast transfer partnership is set to be terminated.

•••
Send me a csv sample via DM and I'll look at it and tell you if something is off. I do this daily and no issues.

Daer Twiki,

Thank You a lot.
I would send you but I do not know what is DM.
What is DM?
I will try here with Upload a File.
You can find here in the attachment.
Thank You a lot!!!!

Aleksandar

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Daer Twiki,

Thank You a lot.
I would send you but I do not know what is DM.
What is DM?
I will try here with Upload a File.
You can find here in the attachment.
Thank You a lot!!!!

Aleksandar

Your problem is simple; use comma delimited file ( , this is a comma) while your file uses semicolon insted ( ; ).

When exporting your csv make sure you use comma. Alternatively if you dont' have an option, open the file with Notepad then replace all ; with , characters.

When you upload in Afternic, check the "reconciliate" button. This will make all your domains match the file you have entirely, and delete the ones you have deleted from your files. Otherwise it just uploads new ones.

Edit: You can/should delete your file now from your comment

Last edited:
•••
Your problem is simple; use comma delimited file ( , this is a comma) while your file uses semicolon insted ( ; ).

When exporting your csv make sure you use comma. Alternatively if you dont' have an option, open the file with Notepad then replace all ; with , characters.

When you upload in Afternic, check the "reconciliate" button. This will make all your domains match the file you have entirely, and delete the ones you have deleted from your files. Otherwise it just uploads new ones.

Edit: You can/should delete your file now from your comment

Dear Twiki,

Thank You so much!!!!
I am a beginner in domaining. I just started reading about it at the and of August, and registered my first domain on September 11, 2020. These are my first registered domains. Afternica support service didn't give me nearly as precise answer and advice. This help means a lot to me. I'm going to try to do what you told me now. If I continue to have problems with that I will be free to contact you once again in this regard. I learn fast and I am lately completely dedicated to domaining, so if you have any questions, I am at your disposal in the future. I would be very glad if I could help you with something.
Thank you very much once again!!!!
Have a nice holidays and Happy new year.

Aleksandar Bojadzijev

•••
Dear Twiki,

Thank You so much!!!!
I am a beginner in domaining. I just started reading about it at the and of August, and registered my first domain on September 11, 2020. These are my first registered domains. Afternica support service didn't give me nearly as precise answer and advice. This help means a lot to me. I'm going to try to do what you told me now. If I continue to have problems with that I will be free to contact you once again in this regard. I learn fast and I am lately completely dedicated to domaining, so if you have any questions, I am at your disposal in the future. I would be very glad if I could help you with something.
Thank you very much once again!!!!
Have a nice holidays and Happy new year.

Aleksandar Bojadzijev

Thanks, glad to be of help. Happy New year!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, glad to be of help. Happy New year!
Dear Twiki,

Thank You very much.
Because of You I finally made it.
I just change ; with , on Additional setings by going on Control panel-Region and language and now everithing works fine.
I just want to ask you related to your coment "Edit: You can/should delete your file now from your comment" did you mean for excel sheet in the attachement which i sent you.
If yes how I can do it?
I tried but I do not how.
Thank you a lot.

Aleksandar

•••
Dear Twiki,

Thank You very much.
Because of You I finally made it.
I just change ; with , on Additional setings by going on Control panel-Region and language and now everithing works fine.
I just want to ask you related to your coment "Edit: You can/should delete your file now from your comment" did you mean for excel sheet in the attachement which i sent you.
If yes how I can do it?
I tried but I do not how.
Thank you a lot.

Aleksandar

Edit: Normally send such files only trhough a private message. After 30 mins it gets locked so you cannot edit anymore. And for issues of this kind, don't use a thread like this, you are off-topic. Start a thread for yourself and ask for help.

This post is for Afternic sales, not upload assistance. Thanks for your understanding and in the future post appropriately. However I took notice you are new.

Last edited:
•••
there are so many bugs with the Godaddy/afternic merge

Show attachment 176165

can you check if you see something similar in your afternic account,
by the way,
when you see a "No" in Fast Transfer = Much Less visibility of your domain,
it will not be displayed in all their partners marketplaces

Afternic is unable to provide any solution to increase the visibility of your domains,
they have just too much of a big pie and they just don't care

the only solution if found was to park all my domains at SEDO, and my sales at SEDO are just fine + i know exactly how much people viewed each offers

same problem happening with me. i had park my domin last one month but not sell yet

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back