.tv States and .Tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
We all know the crazy pricing of the dot tv premium names Verisign males no sense. Well here are the States still available and their prices:

Arizona $10,000 a year
Arkansas $500 A year
Alaska $5,000 a year
California $15,000 a year now $20,000
Louisiana $500 a year
Mississippi $500 a year
Minnesota $1,800 a year Now $2,000
Michigan $25,000 a year Most expensive NOW $3,000
Florida $7,500 a year
Texas $10,000 a year
Pennsylvania $500 a year Bargain IMO
South Carolina $350 a year Now $500
Kentucky $1,700 a year Now $2,000
New Mexico $300 a year Now $500
Oklahoma $500 a year
Ohio $5,000 a year
Tennessee $500 a year
Washington $5,000 a year
Rhode Island $300 a year Now $500
Wyoming $300 a year Now $500
Vermont $500 a year
Maine $1,900 a year Now $2,000
Maryland $500 a year
Missouri $500 a year
South Dakota $100 a year NOW $1,000
North Dakota $1,000 A year ???????? its smaller than South Dakota
Illinois $500 a year
Indiana $500 a year
Oregon $1,000 a year
Kansas $500 a year

13 regged already

you can see no sense in Pricing Michigan over California,Texas Pa all bigger states.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004986.html A link for you giving you each states ranK Poulation wise

Illinois #5
Pa#6
and you can get their.tv for $500 they are the bargains IMO biggest reach smallest Money. IMO

Hope some liked it.

Update in the last month Delaware North Carolina Massachusetts and Virginia regged

20 States REGGED
30 AVAIL

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SKG said:
Most states now are owned by Tulsa.TV as the owner would say to me, "There are the mammas and then there are the pappas."

Could someone please explain the mammas and the pappas statement...

Is that a refference to the band? LOL

Tulsa.TV looks great

•••
Julius is his first name I believe TV Man, Sanchay I don't know he owns most State.tv,
IconNetworks own a decent amount too. I know Tulsa has Maryland and Rhode Island

•••
MINDWRECKER.TV said:
Could someone please explain the mammas and the pappas statement...

Is that a refference to the band? LOL

Tulsa.TV looks great

Mindwrecker, the "Mammas" are the States and the "Pappas" are the cities. Oh, and I remember that Band:)

Raymond, I think he owns at least 7 States, maybe more.

•••
You own a few right Sanchay ? Do you prefer cities over states ?

•••
what you guys think of "state" channel . tv's

•••
equity78 said:
You own a few right Sanchay ? Do you prefer cities over states ?

I have Alabama.tv with my brother. It was a nobrainer purchase for the price I paid. It is my only state. Even so, I prefer cities over states. The only advantage of a State I see is that it can be a super portal with tabs of all major cities within the state in it. This model is much harder to manifest than a city.

Last edited:
•••
I agree States much harder than a city. Some states are only known for one or two cites and the rest can be hard to cover and find a business model. Again IMO

•••
Equity,
Based on these lower renewals for some of these attractive states, what do you think is market value for these names? It looks like some of the cities are going for 5-10K.

Thanks,
A

•••
equity78 said:
I agree States much harder than a city. Some states are only known for one or two cites and the rest can be hard to cover and find a business model. Again IMO

Keep in mind that states give you a broader market. Though cities can be more local branded site. Both name will definitely a fortune in years to come.

Ammudamus said:
Equity,
Based on these lower renewals for some of these attractive states, what do you think is market value for these names? It looks like some of the cities are going for 5-10K.

Thanks,
A

That's a low asking price.

•••
Em,
Thanks for the feedback! Wow, 5-10K is a low asking price for cities, eh? Based on the state being a broader market, does that mean it has more value than the city? For example, do you think Michigan.tv is worth more than Detroit.tv?

Thanks,
A

•••
Ofcourse, I want to buy them as low as possible. But me selling it a diff story, mostly development in mind.

I personally like states than cities, though I have some cities in my .tv portfolio as well.

•••
speaking of states... who picked up Massachusetts.TV for $500 in the latest drop? What a steal. EXPOSE yourself now. LOL.

Congrats on the great pickup.

•••
What do you guys think about buying Non-US states in different smaller countries? Anyone been buying?

•••
I personally bought some known cities in asian market.

•••
Hi,

What are your thoughts on city and state together?

JLC

•••
If you have a state and cities, this give you leverage and deep branding for your service. Of course, maintenance of these domains are high.

More reach more revenue in the long run. Still a win win situation.

•••
Thanks Watcher.

Maybe I should clarify. Example, DetroitMichigan .tv (I do not Own.)

JLC

•••
The .tv domain success is depeending on how you develop and reach your customers.
Yes DetroitMichigan.TV is straight forward city state combination. Great domain to have and develop.

Last edited:
•••
Mr. Rhee,
As Roy pointed out, I was fortunate to be able to reg that nice GEO!

Thanks,
A

•••
TheWatcher said:
I personally bought some known cities in asian market.

What about states in other countries?

•••
I have bouldercolorado.tv and molokaihawaii.tv.

Boulder is a fun city with a lot to do and Molokai is not as hot as other Hawaiian islands but enjoys it own unique flavor as the "most Hawaiian isle" and island where the hula originated, according to travel books.

•••
Another yearly bump, you see what the market was like in 2005/2006.

•••
wow... this is going be a fun read..

thanks ray

•••
Memories like the corners of my mind,

Three states sold today on NameJet:

utah.tv - 4,999 USD
ohio.tv - 4,800 USD
illinois.tv - 4,450 USD

•••
Are they in premium renewal fees?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back